PDA

View Full Version : AuzRun 2010

Pages : [1] 2

AshSimmonds
04-06-09, 03:51 AM
This one is being run by a mate of a mate so we should be able to keep on top of things to see that it doesn't turn into vapour.

I'll be providing more info in the coming weeks, right now the basics are 50 exotics on a 7 day cruise from Adelaide to Gold Coast including two track days - $15k entry.

---> http://www.auzrun.com

There is talk of splitting it into legs so some folk who don't have a week to spare or only want to do a certain portion of it can get involved - there's nothing concrete about that yet though so stay tuned.

If anyone is keen to find out more before getting on board - the organisers will be in town late next week to catch up for a beer, let me know if you'd like to come along.

YSS
04-06-09, 04:18 AM
interested

mhh
04-06-09, 04:36 AM
interested

Me too. I've requested info.

AshSimmonds
04-06-09, 04:40 AM
I've just spoken to one of the organisers - they're keen to have AE folk involved, more details early next week but they'll be in Adelaide putting on drinks for people who are interested, it will likely be Friday arvo/evening - I'll let the usual suspects know when details are confirmed.

This one sounds like it will actually be a go'er.

Rossgo
04-06-09, 05:06 AM
Exotic lovers,

The biggest thing since Captain Cook has FINALY hit Australia and I would like to extend a personal invitation to all of the members of AE to be apart of ?that thing? that is on everyone?s lips at the moment? Auzrun 2010!

I have prepared some information for all those who are interested in hearing more about this CONFIRMED event in the way of a DVD, an Information booklet, Price list, Cars Acceptable, Terms and Conditions of Entry and of course, the top secret Itinerary!

So how do you get your hands on it?

I will be putting on some drinks for anyone who is interested in finding out more about Auzrun in Adelaide next Friday the 12 at 5pm at the Hyatt where I will run through the entire event and answer any questions.

Just liek the event though, places are limited so please email me at ross@auzrun.com with your information and a confirmation that you'll be there and I will be sure to reserve you a spot.

I?m not going to give away much now but what I will say for now is give yourself 5 minutes to watch the DVD on the website www.auzrun.com and shoot me off and email to reserve your spot.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person next week and then driving along side you along side 50 of some of the worlds most beautiful works of art!

P.S - We are limiting this year to 50 entrants and in the past 3 weeks 27 entrants have already been confirmed, be sure to save your spot next week so you don't miss out on this.

Until then, drive fast, drive safe but most of all, drive them like they were made to be driven!!!

Rossgo Scutts

scud
04-06-09, 05:12 AM
P.S - We are limiting this year to 50 entrants and in the past 3 weeks 27 entrants have already been confirmed, be sure to save your spot next week so you don't miss out on this.
marketing gold :rolleyes:

YSS
04-06-09, 01:37 PM
Exotic lovers,

The biggest thing since Captain Cook has FINALY hit Australia and I would like to extend a personal invitation to all of the members of AE to be apart of ?that thing? that is on everyone?s lips at the moment? Auzrun 2010!

I have prepared some information for all those who are interested in hearing more about this CONFIRMED event in the way of a DVD, an Information booklet, Price list, Cars Acceptable, Terms and Conditions of Entry and of course, the top secret Itinerary!

So how do you get your hands on it?

I will be putting on some drinks for anyone who is interested in finding out more about Auzrun in Adelaide next Friday the 12 at 5pm at the Hyatt where I will run through the entire event and answer any questions.

Just liek the event though, places are limited so please email me at ross@auzrun.com with your information and a confirmation that you'll be there and I will be sure to reserve you a spot.

I?m not going to give away much now but what I will say for now is give yourself 5 minutes to watch the DVD on the website www.auzrun.com and shoot me off and email to reserve your spot.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person next week and then driving along side you along side 50 of some of the worlds most beautiful works of art!

Until then, drive fast, drive safe but most of all, drive them like they were made to be driven!!!

Rossgo Scutts

can you tell us what the 27 cars are?
list of cars on a no names basis would be cool

fezboy
04-06-09, 03:04 PM
Interested! :D

Rossgo
04-06-09, 03:56 PM
can you tell us what the 27 cars are?
list of cars on a no names basis would be cool

YSS,

Good idea listing the cars but we are not giving out any entrants details in anyway shape or form.

We have no qualm with entrants discussing their own entry and making it known publicly but we have some individuals who at this point want to keep out of any sort of spot light which includes mentioning cars, I hope everyone will respect that and I'm sure all will understand (being blunt though if people do have an issue with this then they can have one as this will not change)... until

30 Days before the event (when entries have been 100% confirmed and everyone is locked in), there will be a dedicated page on auzrun.com that will display a list of every car with their team names and pictures of the cars being driven (excluding number plates)

TTz
05-06-09, 12:42 AM
We I think I'm going to go in it...

Plus the following :

F430
997/4S
Aston Vantage V8c
LP640
G Spider - Blk

These guys may only do the Syd to Gold Coast part.

goober
05-06-09, 02:21 AM
ok call me dumbo, but 15K to do what....drive at the speed limit

oh how many Targa tas, targa wrest points and adel hills tarmac can one do with that money..........equalling 1560km of closed stages.

sounds like a pyramid scheme to extrapolate money out of good folk

dkabab
05-06-09, 02:33 AM
i too have no idea where the money goes, but from the sounds of it, the documentation of the event in the form of helecopters and film crew, wouldnt be cheap.
but does that add to the experience while driving the trip... probably not.

goober
05-06-09, 02:39 AM
i too have no idea where the money goes, but from the sounds of it, the documentation of the event in the form of helecopters and film crew, wouldnt be cheap.

yeah police choppers keeping tabs on the speed limit

PA
05-06-09, 02:48 AM
Will it really cost $750,000 to put this event on and provide an acceptable return on the investment to the organizers?

dkabab
05-06-09, 02:53 AM
yeah police choppers keeping tabs on the speed limit

just dont forget to set the video recorder for the 10pm news

flamestone
05-06-09, 04:51 AM

Ok, glad I'm not the only one wondering about that.

kingkong
05-06-09, 08:09 AM
This looks like an event for people who not only love cars but love the life style that goes with beautiful cars, i am going to the hyatt on the friday arvo if they are having a meet and greet to see what these guys are like. No one in Australia has done something like this and it's about time someone is putting an event on. 15k is a lot of money but in the end we don't drive high end cars working at maccas. It's all about the experience, the older you get the more this makes sense! i don't know about anyone else but i always wanted to go in the Gumball, but entry into that is now over 150k. I haven't heard it from the but apparently they are making a series from the event. I guess we will soon see. :drive:

RMV
05-06-09, 11:25 AM
15k is a lot of money but in the end we don't drive high end cars working at maccas.

I wouldn't say that... Working at Maccas paid for a certain McLaren F1 that currently lives in Melbourne. :)

app
05-06-09, 11:33 AM

does it say what they will do with the filming?? will they sell it, will it appear on tv etc etc?? sounds like turnover is going to be more than 750k.

allanuber
05-06-09, 11:47 AM

Dumbo - you forgot the sponsorships as well... Have to be a few hundred K if people are stickering up cars gumball style. :D

mhh
05-06-09, 12:23 PM
This looks like an event for people who not only love cars but love the life style that goes with beautiful cars, i am going to the hyatt on the friday arvo if they are having a meet and greet to see what these guys are like. No one in Australia has done something like this and it's about time someone is putting an event on. 15k is a lot of money but in the end we don't drive high end cars working at maccas. It's all about the experience, the older you get the more this makes sense! i don't know about anyone else but i always wanted to go in the Gumball, but entry into that is now over 150k. I haven't heard it from the but apparently they are making a series from the event. I guess we will soon see. :drive:

I'm not sure if I'll do it but I agree with these sentiments. It may not work but good on them for trying. I hope they make plenty out of it too - I believe in capitalism. :thumbsup:

Whether it is a fun thing to do depends on what you like I guess, but IMO the price sounds about right for an exclusive event. "Exclusive" means most get excluded, after all. The time away from the business might cost some participants more than the entry fee anyway, and think of the networking potential. :)

fezboy
05-06-09, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure if I'll do it but I agree with these sentiments. It may not work but good on them for trying. I hope they make plenty out of it too - I believe in capitalism. :thumbsup:

Whether it is a fun thing to do depends on what you like I guess, but IMO the price sounds about right for an exclusive event. "Exclusive" means most get excluded, after all. The time away from the business might cost some participants more than the entry fee anyway, and think of the networking potential. :)

I really like to see a program of the intended run. My mates and I do plenty of great road driving but I'd be interest to see what's on suggestion. :D

mhh
13-06-09, 01:13 AM
I really like to see a program of the intended run. My mates and I do plenty of great road driving but I'd be interest to see what's on suggestion. :D

I've seen the program. There is a lot of driving each day. It looks like an endurance event to me.

Anyone get to the briefing in Adelaide last night?

dkabab
13-06-09, 09:19 AM
i went along with some others from here. looks more polished than my initial impressions..... but still a few kinks to iron out.
and yes lots of driving, with one of the days allocated 12 hours.

AshSimmonds
13-06-09, 11:12 AM
great concept - looks fantastic, has a slick finish to it, just hope the lads can take care of the details - there are a lot of small things that could make or break it. At the moment I consider it analogous to a maserati gran turismo - sensational to everyone, but some otherwise minor issues can take off a lot of shine for those involved.

They're a great mob behind it and have their hearts in the right place - hopefully some veteran event planners and those of us here who've been involved in events can help debug it a bit, my worst fear is that a poorly executed event will mar any future attempts by anyone else. The boys might be too young to really remember Cannonball - but it sits heavy in the mind of those of us who lament there's no decent major public motoring events for high end cars, a good deal to do with this event, so we do our own private ones.

mhh
14-06-09, 01:05 AM
Flawed or not, I'm still interested. There is one major problem in the concept though. I can see 50 guys blowing $15K on a whim, no problem. After all they are supercar owners, right? They are used to squandering money. The thing I can't see is these same guys stickering up the cars they use to occasionally explore the wilds of the cafe strip and driving them halfway across the country in 5 days.

soap
14-06-09, 02:23 AM
As a lover of supercars and all the Connonball Gumball rallies this is very exciting for Australia in my opinion. I would hope as everyone else seems to, that not only the guys running this get it right but people suppert them and make sure it is a success too. As it is a business, and a lot of us here are businessmen, it will take the support of the country to get to full flight. I reckon in my humble oppinion that is why a lot have failed before, maybe instead of ripping things to shreds before they have run and being negative we as a nation should give it a go or we may never experience it! and then we will have to go ALL the way over to Europe or the US and somehow materialise an invite, a super car and somethign like 120k to go in one of the established runs (and will probably be a guest of her majesty for a period anyway which wouldnt be cheap, lets face it!! ;))

As for the price of this one....i initially thought wow thats a bit, but looking at the price of others and also if you consider its for TWO people from what i gather thats pretty good. I am assuming all accomodation and food and soem drinks will be included and is of a high quality??

Oh, i read some people met in Adelaide. How did they respond to critisism and queries on the "bugs". I think that would be a great indicator of how it will progress....

allanuber
14-06-09, 07:09 AM
It's awesome that KingKong and Soap have the same writing style, have one optimistic post each, and registered within a few days (hours) of making the posts...

I'm not nay-saying, but as noted by Ash, every time one of these events goes tit's up there's a lot of backlash for other exotic owners, and it makes it that much harder for the next event to work well.

Auzrun's been on the site to spruik, how about coming back to comment more on the event, the long driving legs and the current levels of interest. I'm not just stirring the pot, if it's going to be a great event I can't see why Uber wouldn't put in a car or two as well.

AshSimmonds
14-06-09, 07:31 AM
It's awesome that KingKong and Soap have the same writing style, have one optimistic post each, and registered within a few days (hours) of making the posts...

Both from Brisbane - different ISPs, have a feeling both originally from different countries - obviously have been directed here as someone involved or looking to support, fair enough - gotta hope it gets off the ground. KingKong mentioned he would be at the Hyatt the other night - not much web talk was had so I don't know if I met him or not.

Oh, i read some people met in Adelaide. How did they respond to critisism and queries on the "bugs". I think that would be a great indicator of how it will progress....

Wasn't much criticism - more quiet reflection, I brought up several issues - most were either fairly well covered or given an indication that it was under control or more investigation would go into them - and a couple responses perhaps a bit flippant - but probably best worked out behind the scenes rather than amongst a crowd of punters.

End result was I came away more confident about it than I went in - so that's good.

Rossgo
14-06-09, 08:37 AM
It's awesome that KingKong and Soap have the same writing style, have one optimistic post each, and registered within a few days (hours) of making the posts... We wouldn't want to many people being to optimistic would we... Mate, there has been over 25,000 hits to our website in the past 4 weeks from countries all over the world, they may have possibly come across AE through Googling the forums its being discussed on...

I'm not nay-saying, but as noted by Ash, every time one of these events goes tit's up there's a lot of backlash for other exotic owners, and it makes it that much harder for the next event to work well.

Auzrun's been on the site to spruik, how about coming back to comment more on the event, the long driving legs and the current levels of interest. I'm not just stirring the pot, if it's going to be a great event I can't see why Uber wouldn't put in a car or two as well.

The Event - If you (or anyone on AE) would like some more information please email me, ross@auzrun.com and I would be more than happy to send you through the PDF (the complete outline of the event) and I can also email you how the payments work in a PDF (All money is going into a trust account until 4 weeks out from the event, if the event does not proceed all entrants receive there money back if there is any unforeseen events that occur that make it impossible to put the event on) so you can see that this is no ammatuer event. Note: This is not a Trust controlled by Auzrun, it is controlled by a Law Firm on the Gold Coast.

I am really looking forward to seeing peoples comments after they have seen the full documentation and outline of the event.

The 'long driving legs' - I'm not sure what comments you would like me to post regarding the so called 'long driving', I have done many of 10 - 12 hour drives in super cars with other super cars traveling along side me, great fun if you ask me and all the others already joined up to Auzrun.

To be honest though, it's not for everyone, I know many of people who would much prefer a 3 or 4 hour drive and then stop and chat about the drive or cars, but, I know of NO events in Australia that will give you what we are going to do in March 2010 and that is a True Super Car, Super Networking, Super Luxury and Super Holiday event to be a part of.

Levels of Interest- they are as expected and planned. From the meeting that was held in Adelaide and discussions the next morning we have a rough number of 10 from Adelaide bringing the total number of people to over 30 that have said they will be participating in Auzrun.

Thanks for all your support guys and girls,

If you want any more questions answered please just shoot me an email and I will respond promtly.

Have a Great week this week all!!!

soap
14-06-09, 10:01 AM

I Dont follow what you mean by a backlash for exotic owners?? How does this make any difference??

I have to laugh at your cynicism though. I am in no way trying to lampoon you specifically allan, its just as i was saying, if we gave things a go and, as cliche as this may sound, asked what we could do to make the automotive world better and more successful rather than what is it going to do for us there might be more success in this arena.

I emailed Ross and he sent me the details of the event. It looks to me how i expected. yes, long drives but again as a couple of people have said, i guess thats just what it is, if its not for you, dont enter...

I just wish that i had a) a suitable car and b) the money and time. I certainly have the desire, so fingers crossed they can make it, and i can work on being in the position to enter in years to come!!

As far as me and king kong being in the same city and only posting once....i cant talk for king kong, but i have been what i spose you lot call a "lurker" for a while. This topic is as i said talking about something really exciting to me and ive heard talk in brisbane as i assume the king did too, or indeed googled it?? I dont know how things work in adelaide but there is talk up here that goes on outside of forums.....I just wanted to have my two cents worth (by the way where do i pay that?? lol)

allanuber
14-06-09, 11:11 AM
Soap, without trying to lampoon you back ... you don't seem to have the cash or the car to go in this, so maybe take off your cheerleader skirt for a second and give the guys who are genuinely looking at going along a chance to ask reasonable questions.

Have you actually done 12 hours straight in a supercar? I regularly drive our cars from Sydney to Brissie which is that kind of distance, and it's (quoting MHH) an 'endurance event'. I can tell you for sure you're feeling f*cked after.

12 hour drive, big p|ssup and then backing it up with a long drive again the next day would be dangerous without 2 drivers doing duty in the car.

I'm hoping the guys run an awesome event as well, and there are no mishaps. We had a run recently with only about 6 cars out and the unfortunately the lead car was clocked at 15k's over by a police radar (in a 100 zone, from the opposite direction, around a bend, but that's a different story) and the police chaps took great pains to explain if they though the cars were street racing that we'd be walking home. These weren't kids, but primarily successful, bright professionals who were given a major verbal b|tchslap.

If the cars were driven anything like the Cannonball and Gumball events, with the same 'fun' disrespect for speed limits anywhere on the road, then it's not just the one person speeding who runs a risk, but all cars following/near.

It'd be great to hear how this'll be managed. Great to hear more about how the authorities will be warned and good to hear more from the organisers. They've advertised here on a public forum, so having further public discussion here is a great place to everyone to understand how it'll work.

AshSimmonds
14-06-09, 12:15 PM
...I just wanted to have my two cents worth (by the way where do i pay that?? lol)

Pay to post - I like it :scratchchin: :D

dkabab
14-06-09, 12:22 PM
Pay to post - I like it :scratchchin: :D

as long as its not pay per post :doh:

andecorp
14-06-09, 05:13 PM
Soap, without trying to lampoon you back ... you don't seem to have the cash or the car to go in this, so maybe take off your cheerleader skirt for a second and give the guys who are genuinely looking at going along a chance to ask reasonable questions.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

soap
14-06-09, 05:32 PM

Hmm, yes, without trying, obviously it wasnt hard. Take off my cheerleader skirt....Ok, I know nothing of you, and wont pass judgement. I will merely say this. Just because i may or may not have the money or car right at this moment doesnt mean to say i wont by the time the event is run, nor by the next one. I tend to keep in mind the philosophy of watching what i say on the way up...

As for taking up so much of your time that you serious guys cant get a word in edgeways, i apologise. I didn't realise there were only 3 minutes each day where posts were allowed to be made?!?!?

And if anyone is interested, I spoke with the guys from Auzrun today after looking over the itinerary again. In my opinion they seemed very genuine and passionate, and if people bothered to say what they thought could be improved they might be able to rectify or put your mind at rest. I raised a couple of points and we talked it through. They just want what we as enthusiasts all want. Why not chip in and say what we want and let them do the hard yards and make it happen instead of whining??

mhh
15-06-09, 01:06 AM
Here's the entry info including the itinerary - not sure if it will post up but here goes....

Rossgo
22-06-09, 03:56 PM
Here's the entry info including the itinerary - not sure if it will post up but here goes....

Evening All,

If you would like some more info regarding Auzrun I'll be coming down to Adelaide this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As a number of people from AE have already asked me to come down and have a chat in person as they missed the last catch up.

Feel free to send me an email (ross@auzrun.com) with a good time to catch up with you if you would like to ask any of the nitty gritty questions you may be wondering.

Have a great week!!!

AshSimmonds
24-06-09, 06:38 PM
Hey Ross and Matt and JP and co...

At the last meeting we were talking about some of the outback stuff - and your promo vid brought up discussion of a fun little vid we put together back in '05...

The vid's been unavailable for quite a while - I just re-uploaded it tonight.

For some reason it can't be embedded full-screen in the forum - for a full-screen version (and pics etc) see:
https://aussieexotics.com/2009/06/25/video-exotics-from-a-chopper-exotics-in-the-outback-2005

http://gallery.aussieexotics.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf?s=ZT0xJmk9NTcyODA4MDA1Jms9eFZKSlgmY T00MDUzODY1X1hFWlBlJnU9YXVzc2llZXhvdGljcw==&allowF ullScreen=true

Enjoy :thumbsup: And hope we can catch up this week if you're about.

mhh
24-06-09, 11:17 PM
Ah, those were the days. We were young and innocent and free. :p

AshSimmonds
25-06-09, 01:35 PM
Ah, those were the days. We were young and innocent and free. :p

Yeah the whole trip was like a tampon commercial

mhh
25-06-09, 01:39 PM
Yeah the whole trip was like a tampon commercial

Well, apart from missing a few girls. :D

Aircon
25-06-09, 01:55 PM
Well, apart from missing a few girls. :D

Not really

AshSimmonds
25-06-09, 01:58 PM
Not really

True - that time of the month, who misses 'em? :D

(oh - that ones gunna come back and bite me on the bum :p )

AshSimmonds
25-06-09, 02:15 PM
LMAO - I just watched some of the raw footage of that chopper clip, you can't hear much cos well we're in a chopper - but just as we're taking off in the background you can hear me humming the tune to M.A.S.H. :D

mhh
25-06-09, 11:34 PM
Not really

Now you mention it, Ash and Dingo did have a pretty special time together. :p

fivesix
28-06-09, 10:44 AM
Evening All,

If you would like some more info regarding Auzrun I'll be coming down to Adelaide this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As a number of people from AE have already asked me to come down and have a chat in person as they missed the last catch up.

Feel free to send me an email (ross@auzrun.com) with a good time to catch up with you if you would like to ask any of the nitty gritty questions you may be wondering.

Have a great week!!!

Ross,
Your R8 looks fantastic... :thumbsup:

kingkong
01-07-09, 02:02 PM
Well i don't get onto this site much but i did notice that someone had mentioned something about myself being on the site for a first and only reply to Auzrun! Not really sure what was meant by this but the reason i got to this site was i was looking up info on Auzrun. I am happy to say that since i have had a chance to get more info from Ross CEO of Auzrun, all looks pretty promising for the event. What got me over the line was the fact that the deposit went into a trust account, so if the event doesn't go ahead i get my money back. i pretty pumped about the event, i always wanted to do the Gumball, i guess i will see how the Auzrun goes! From what i see in Ross and Auzrun it looks like these guys have got the right idea. i guess i will soon find out. I know these guys are trying to keep a lid on the cars but i have a yellow Gallardo 2004, hoping to have a superleggera by march!

AshSimmonds
01-07-09, 02:06 PM
...i have a yellow Gallardo 2004...

[ PRESHUS ]?

mhh
16-07-09, 12:40 PM
:bump: Ross is in Adelaide tomorrow if anyone wants to hear firsthand about Auzrun. PM or ring me for details...

dkabab
23-07-09, 03:13 PM
So today i caught up with Ross, Matt and Ellie from Auzrun.

oh and some other shady character came out for a look too :thumbsup:

couple of teaser pics... ive been up since 4am. im going to bed!

fivesix
23-07-09, 04:02 PM
i love scuds car... :thumbsup:

*edit* nice shots BTW!

Undefined
23-07-09, 04:09 PM
So today i caught up with Ross, Matt and Ellie from Auzrun.

oh and some other shady character came out for a look too :thumbsup:

couple of teaser pics... ive been up since 4am. im going to bed!

great pics man :thumbsup:

waiting for more :)

jim501
23-07-09, 09:23 PM
So did you come to visit I assume? Enjoy our lovely weather?

dkabab
23-07-09, 11:08 PM
went up there yesterday just for the day. back in cold adelaide now. i think i got sunburnt too.... beautiful weather.
more pics tonight

cel
24-07-09, 12:03 AM
Nice! Looking forward to all the pics!

That lambo :melting:

scud
24-07-09, 12:53 AM
Nice! Looking forward to all the pics!

That lambo :melting:
:melting: indeed.

how was the drifting dave?

dkabab
24-07-09, 01:51 AM
4wd powerslides.... mmmm fun!!!

dkabab
24-07-09, 07:52 AM
couple more pics.... will put up a link to a gallery soon.

JanG
24-07-09, 09:39 AM
Airbags deployed!! :eek:

Nice work.

265T
24-07-09, 10:18 AM
couple more pics.... will put up a link to a gallery soon.

i LOVE that first pic, great shot Dave :thumbsup:

cel
24-07-09, 10:51 AM
:melting: indeed.

how was the drifting dave?

If you happen to take it to Sydney one day, I'd be more than happy to take some pics of it as well :tilt:

dkabab
24-07-09, 12:50 PM
i LOVE that first pic, great shot Dave :thumbsup:

cheers, got quite a few similar in different poses... they will be up in a gallery soon.

Rossgo
27-07-09, 12:21 PM
Evening all,

As some of you are already aware (due to catching up with you in person and email chat) there is a lot more to Auzrun than meets the eye and that can be discussed on a forum or even in an email. As you can appreciate organizing this mammoth event takes time... A lot of time and unfortunately giving regular updates on the many forums is something of a near impossible task.

But in saying that I have received a number of questions/quires regarding the event that I have made some time to address in a stand email response.

A couple of points to consider (please have a look at the outline of the event that Mark Hender posted up a few pages back also as there are some more points address on the event itinerary) are below;

As I mentioned previously I have written a standard response that I would be happy to respond to you in an email format as the responses to the following points below take up over a page and this is not a forum for Auzrun to get ?free? advertising from nor to write more than a page about the event explaining how, what, why, who, when etc. all the time. So if you would like these points cleared up please just drop me a line ross@auzrun.com and I will send you the extended points below.

The points a couple of AE members have brought up are:

? Information about me. My ?credentials?
? How the event is being funded
? How are entrants entry fee guaranteed not to be used to fund the event
? The Trust account and how that works
? What else are we providing for entrants (A list of Petrol Stations, Police contact details and hospitals for relevant cities and towns we are going through etc.)
? Manufacturers support - closest point of taking your car in if something ?major? goes wrong
? Support crew ? How many support vehicles we will have and what will they be used for if something ?minor? goes wrong? Flat tyres, Spare tyres, fuel, fluids etc.)
? Securing of Hotels and Track days
? The screening process to get the right entrants and right group
? Can you advertise your own business on your car
? Track days ? Having a change of tyres and other things to consider at the track if your someone who has had some serious track experience

Here are just some of the points that have been brought up and discussed in person with a number of people so if you would like them cleared up you know where to get any and all answers regarding the event.

Unfortunately not being able to visit AE very regularly to just ?browse and answer all comments made? if you have a genuine interest in the event and have some genuine comments then shoot me an email and I?ll get back to as soon as possible.

Until then, have a great night and let the responding posts begin!!!

mhh
30-09-09, 11:17 AM
Any news on this? Long time since anyone posted on this thread. :confused:

dkabab
30-09-09, 11:56 AM
AFAIK all is going ahead as planned, are you still interested?

mhh
30-09-09, 12:03 PM
AFAIK all is going ahead as planned, are you still interested?

Not interested personally but I'm keen to see it do well.

Rossgo
30-09-09, 03:15 PM
Hey Guys,

All is going ahead as planned :D

Couple of interesting entries over the past few days with an Audi S8 being one to join the ranks. Mmmm nice.

We have secured a number of sponsors of already with about 60% to left to be sold. Having big name sponsors on board enables us to do it at such a good price (yes I know some of you think it's not cheap and no, it's not cheap, it's quality and 5 star the entire way through and those who I have met with and given the full run down will know what I'm talking about) considering everything that is included in the event and package when you enter.

Channel 9 have also come back and are wanting to air the TV show but we are still in negotiations at the moment with the other networks.

So far we are not completely full. We had a massive influx of inquiries and entry's to begin but now things are slowing down as we are approaching the 50. A couple of people have had to pull out due to overseas commitments but having accounted for that we are still sailing pretty smoothly and I'd like to thank everyone for their support and comments to help it be a big success and a lot of fun for those watching as well as participating. We deserve a run that gives the Yanks and the Pomps a run for their money right!!!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to post and I'll do my best to respond or shoot me an email.

AshSimmonds
27-10-09, 11:22 AM
The lads and Luke O'Neill will be at Sandown on Thursday for anyone keen to get some info about how the trackdays on the event will work.

When-
Thursday 29 October 2009 from 7am, with the track opening at 9am, to 4:30pm. RSVP essential.

Where-
Sandown Raceway, Victoria.

For Further Information-
To RSVP or for further information please contact Jacqueline Chevalley at The Ideas Suite on (02) 9279 330, 0412 185 407, or exec@theideassuite.com.au

AshSimmonds
12-11-09, 12:51 PM
:bump:

Latest PR info... Time for http://fc00.deviantart.com/images3/i/2004/173/5/d/Cheerleader_Emote.gif outfit and roll call...

Aussie Exotics is looking forward to the greatest (thus far) Australian exotic and prestige car event on the calendar - the 2010 AuzRun!

For those who've been hiding in the garage polishing their car for the last 6 months, this is to be an epic week-long adventure with 50 high-end cars making the ozone-burning pilgrimage from Adelaide to the Gold Coast.

It's a natural fit for Aussie Exotics members to mix it with fellow exotic and prestige car owners from around the country. While what is already on the official website www.AuzRun.com is clearly spectacular, the extra contribution to those of you joining is an offer not to be repeated.

Adelaide is the starting venue for the much anticipated supercar event of the year. With only 50 spots available for this years entry, the first week of March promises to be one not forgotten by those lucky enough to secure a spot.

Whilst supporting the Make a Wish Foundation, Auzrun will leave from Adelaide on 1st March before taking in Torquay via the Great Ocean Road and on to Melbourne, stopping in for a track day at Sandown, across to Sydney then out to Eastern Creek for the 2nd track day and rounding off the event on the Gold Coast, 5 days and 5 wild nights later.

As the inaugural Auzrun, there are a limited and exclusive 50 spots available for cars that include Supercars of course, character cars and other high end machines. The general stamp of approval goes to Porsches, Ferraris Lamborghini and other exotics but as this is also about bringing together like minded individuals, the character of the person also plays its part as to driver acceptance regardless of their car.

Check the AuzRun info page (https://aussieexotics.com/2009/10/31/auzrun-2010-prestige-driving-event-with-50-exotic-cars) for the skinny, and ask any questions here or contact Ross direct at ross@auzrun.com for specifics.

BTW - AuzRun are offering a colossal discount for those considering bringing along two cars...

allanuber
09-02-10, 02:01 PM
<bump> less than 20 days to go. Did anyone here sign up?

mhh
09-02-10, 02:19 PM
We Adelaideans had better get down to the start to wish the guys well - or even meet them along the route somewhere.

Doctor
09-02-10, 03:04 PM
We Adelaideans had better get down to the start to wish the guys well - or even meet them along the route somewhere.

Esky of beer on the corner... sounds like a plan!

Ferrarista
09-02-10, 04:37 PM
<bump> less than 20 days to go. Did anyone here sign up?

nope, would love to do it, but my wife is due around that time.....should i risk it??
you in??

allanuber
09-02-10, 09:37 PM
nope, would love to do it, but my wife is due around that time.....should i risk it??
you in??

Not me, but I am interested to see how it pans out.

Brenton
10-02-10, 08:49 AM

Could be quite interesting to see if we can gather a bigger group of cars for the start than they can...

allanuber
10-02-10, 09:53 AM
Could be quite interesting to see if we can gather a bigger group of cars for the start than they can...

Hahhaa. Spiteful, but admittedly ... funny

nicot
23-02-10, 09:31 AM
Any details of when and where they'll pop by each city ?

mhh
23-02-10, 01:28 PM
Any details of when and where they&#039;ll pop by each city ?

Might be something in here...

https://aussieexotics.com/forum/dlattach.html;topic=4332.0;attach=21557

mhh
24-02-10, 12:48 AM
Oops - I hear Auzrun isn't happening this week after all. It has been "postponed" till November... :rolleyes:

That makes it a dead duck. :thumbsdown:

dkabab
24-02-10, 12:51 AM
There is still an event on in march but yes it's being reschedulled for november.

mhh
24-02-10, 01:02 AM
There is still an event on in march but yes it's being reschedulled for november.

The "event" is an insult and November won't happen. Punters won't wear being mucked around.

It was poorly planned - it isn't possible to drive from Adelaide to Torquay in a day via the GOR in a convoy for starters.

CortinaD
24-02-10, 03:59 AM
They canned it less than a week from the start? wow

jim501
24-02-10, 04:17 AM
Yeah pretty late notice. I got email from one of the guys about a week ago saying it was all go.

Thought it was weird when Ross let me know they were doing a track day on the 5th at Lakeside.

dkabab
03-03-10, 11:35 AM
First leg of Auzrun today.... about 100kms out of Sydney cruising in a porka turbo... So far, going great

flamestone
03-03-10, 11:37 AM
First leg of Auzrun today.... about 100kms out of Sydney cruising in a porka turbo... So far, going great

I don't understand... so what is "it" if "it" has been rescheduled for Nov?

jim501
03-03-10, 11:42 AM
So its a shortened version then?

dkabab
03-03-10, 12:12 PM
I don't understand... so what is "it" if "it" has been rescheduled for Nov?

in short yes.... Shortened. Will be at eastern creek tomorrow.
In Sydney tonight

allanuber
03-03-10, 12:30 PM
Cars? Pix? Info?

beankeen456
03-03-10, 12:34 PM
is it coming to melbourne

dkabab
03-03-10, 01:26 PM
Cars? Pix? Info?

arriving into Sydney now.... So no pics yet. Maaaaaaybe some tonight
pm me if you wanna come out tomorrow al. I think ttz will be there

fivesix
03-03-10, 01:55 PM

no problems with the police? :confused:

jim501
03-03-10, 01:57 PM
So jumping on the website, and looks like this is a test run for November. How many cars do you have running? Gotta give us a bit more info! Seems a little dodgy with the way that no one is explaining anything.

fivesix
03-03-10, 02:03 PM
So jumping on the website, and looks like this is a test run for November. How many cars do you have running? Gotta give us a bit more info! Seems a little dodgy with the way that no one is explaining anything.

they are on their way up for next sunday! :P

jim501
03-03-10, 02:11 PM
I did have one of the guys say he will be there as the Auzrun will be finished by this week. I emailed Ross a week ago but he never got back to me.

allanuber
03-03-10, 02:39 PM

Gaaar. I'll ping you a PM to grab your number mate. Woulda locked out a bit of time tomorrow if I'd been more attentive. Watch that TTZ guy, he's dodgy :D

beankeen456
03-03-10, 02:52 PM
Did the run go through melbourne or did it start in sydney

looney
03-03-10, 03:53 PM
Seems a little dodgy with the way that no one is explaining anything.

+1

akatyk
03-03-10, 04:38 PM
Can't wait until some pics get posted :)

Bummer that it seems I have missed it in Sydney (weekend would be the only time for me to see everyone).

Ferrarista
03-03-10, 11:59 PM
Gaaar. I'll ping you a PM to grab your number mate. Woulda locked out a bit of time tomorrow if I'd been more attentive. Watch that TTZ guy, he's dodgy :D

keep us up to speed also, i am out and about in the arvo, be good to catch up

dkabab
05-03-10, 01:29 AM
Eastern creek yesterday, great day out. Ttz brought out the lp640 for some charity rides with jaimie whincup :thumbsup: and the x5m (pics soon)

off to lakeside raceway today, havnt had too much sleep, but having a great time.

allanuber
05-03-10, 01:30 AM
Sorry I missed you mate. Glad Tony got the monster out.

RMV
05-03-10, 06:47 AM
Sorry I missed you mate. Glad Tony got the monster out.

Yeah... and the Lambo too.

zeizter
05-03-10, 07:13 AM
yea, some good people at EC yesterday. I'd be intrested to know whats planned for Nov. One of the guys yesterday was saying he's just bought into the AuzRun organisation - didn't get his name, but down from Brizzie, saying he's taking over the organsation from Scutts.

Anyone know where it's all heading ?

jim501
05-03-10, 07:31 AM
Not much gets out that's for sure. Funny marketing approach.
How many cars at EC?
I see that Monster has jumped on board to so whether that has anything to do with the management change

CortinaD
05-03-10, 07:34 AM
Not much gets out that's for sure. Funny marketing approach.
How many cars at EC?
I see that Monster has jumped on board to so whether that has anything to do with the management change

One thing I have noticed from those pictures is no cars have the stickers on them. I saw a M5 on another forum that was kitted out in the stickers but thats it.

jim501
05-03-10, 07:36 AM
Other forum? There are other forums lol.

Which ones that, maybe Ross has been more active there.
I want to know more, I was hoping they could turn this into something good,

CortinaD
05-03-10, 07:43 AM
Other forum? There are other forums lol.

Which ones that, maybe Ross has been more active there.
I want to know more, I was hoping they could turn this into something good,

Nah BMW forum, one of the members knows someone who has entered and showed me some pics he took of the car.

Doctor
05-03-10, 09:59 AM
Ive had a few picture messages from Dave, most of the cars seem to be stickered up from what i can see....

dkabab
05-03-10, 10:22 AM
Chris. Post The pics I sent u

all the cars are stickered up. Just left lakesideraceway on the way back to the goldcoast tonight for a big party. Will explain more when I get home on management stuff and November etc... Just on the iPhone.

Doctor
05-03-10, 10:35 AM
Chris. Post The pics I sent u

all the cars are stickered up. Just left lakesideraceway on the way back to the goldcoast tonight for a big party. Will explain more when I get home on management stuff and November etc... Just on the iPhone.

Im sure i can manage that....

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/Doctor_Sodways/IMG_0278.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/Doctor_Sodways/IMG_0268.jpg.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/Doctor_Sodways/IMG_0270.jpg

dkabab
05-03-10, 10:46 AM
See plenty of stickers.... :thumbsup:

jim501
05-03-10, 10:59 AM
Where on the coast are you staying?

dkabab
05-03-10, 11:06 AM
Marriot I think

CortinaD
05-03-10, 11:07 AM
See plenty of stickers.... :thumbsup:

Yeah, thats more like it.

flamestone
05-03-10, 12:18 PM
I see they're aiming for a really classy event. :rolleyes:

flamestone
05-03-10, 12:26 PM
Wow. Where do I sign up? How much did you say it was again?

EDIT: this comment is kind of redundant now that the most classy photo has been deleted from above

M308
05-03-10, 12:28 PM
I see they're aiming for a really classy event. :rolleyes:

+1 :?

allanuber
05-03-10, 12:34 PM
So. Were any cars actually involved. Rather than Tony's one that just stopped in...

dkabab
05-03-10, 12:37 PM
Yep but I don't have access to my photos until I get home, so can't post anything decent yet. But they will come

allanuber
05-03-10, 12:46 PM
Awesome, you're still talking about the cars right.

dkabab
05-03-10, 01:06 PM
I managed to combine both.....

dkabab
06-03-10, 05:08 PM
well im finally home, had a ball.... will write up a short review on the event when i get some time.... had 10hours sleep in the last 3 nights.... i have to admit that was mostly self inflicted... :doh:

pics soon.....

Doctor
06-03-10, 05:20 PM
Sounds good tripper... you droppin my cards off tomorrow?

dkabab
08-03-10, 12:53 PM
So the initial Auzrun event has been run and done, and it was an amazing time with some great people and cars.

Day one ? we started off from our meeting point in Brisbane where we stickered up some of the cars. The ?Monster Trucks? showed up with a pallet load of energy drink, which was needed by all, as we soon set off for Sydney. The drive was slightly marred a bit by all this water falling from the sky? I think they call it rain?

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805194785_YAhW6-L.jpg

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805194676_85J9u-L.jpg

About 20 minutes in, for some reason I tried to take a photo out the side of the car with my sunglasses on my head?. Not the best idea, as they flew off and under the wheel of an oncoming car. So much for them?..

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805195010_wXLXY-L.jpg

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805194994_sVpho-L.jpg

With the convoy heading south, we all stuck together pretty well as we took the scenic route along the coast, stopping every 3 hours for fuel and more monster?.

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805195077_jBioC-L.jpg

Finally arriving into Sydney to the Shangri-la, we headed upstairs to the top floor bar, for a late dinner and drinks.

Some guys headed out to town after this, but I was a good boy and passed out?.

Day two - starting off with some posing for photos and meeting up with the Sydney siders and Melbournians, we made our way out to eastern creek raceway.
V8 supercars driver Jamie Whincup came out as an instructor and driver for the make a wish foundation. Several families of sick children with leukaemia and cancer came out to spend some time with the cars, superstars and the Auzrun girls of course?..

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805195170_2sw38-L.jpg

http://www.epicimages.com.au/Customer-Login/MonsterEnergy/EPC7684/804738852_G5qQy-L.jpg

After posing for a few photos, Jamie took flight of TTz?s Lamborghini LP640 for some hot laps around the circuit. After the shake down, it was time for the kids to go for a ride? the look on the faces of the kids as they got out the car after a few hot laps was priceless. After this, the guys got to head out onto the track and put their cars to the test. Thankfully there were no accidents or incidents to report, not even any mechanical failure.

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805194574_sLCeQ-L.jpg

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805194622_UAaPP-L.jpg

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805195584_V8c6M-L.jpg

had to get in a few photos..... what a tough job...

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805195370_sEHTV-L.jpg

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805195247_VtgSf-L.jpg

After a few hours of lapping EC, and a thousand photos or 2?. It was time to get moving and make the trek to the gold coast, to the Marriott in surfer?s paradise.
This was always going to be a big drive, having driven the same trip the day prior, we knew we were looking at 12 hours on the road.

There wasn?t too much traffic once we left the city, so we made hay while the sun shone, getting about 400kms under our belts before it got dark.
We did have 1 slight problem with the night travel, and that was the trucks. A lot of semis on the road, with some of them blocking you from overtaking just for kicks?

Getting to Grafton at around midnight, following the leader, 3 of us took a wrong turn and ended up 40kms down a road with no way to get back to the highway as the ferry crossing was closed? :doh:
So after back tracking and wasting about 90mins, we got back to it and ploughed on through to the gold coast, arriving at about 3am. Deciding a few drinks would be a good idea, some hit the bar?.

Day 3: started with a 90min drive out to lakeside raceway, I tried to recruit a certain Prado driver, but was unsuccessful. At LR, everyone was excited once again to try out their cars on a smaller tighter track. I think I spent most of the day taking photos off the track though?. :thumbsup:

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805195627_kch8Y-L.jpg

Unfortunately the rain persisted, but it didn?t faze the drivers, all having a great time.

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805235802_PUNjL-L.jpg

Leaving LR, we headed back to surfers to get ready for the big night out.

At about 9pm, we headed to ?sin city? nightclub, where we had a VIP section roped off for us, with the drinks flowing all night long. This of course provided us with some great stories the following day :p

Day 4: with a lot of sore heads, and a scene from the movie ?the hangover?, the camera was consulted to put the pieces back together?.

http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805203194_32Byn-L.jpg

Heading out for breakfast and lunch, it was time see everyone off, until November.

In summary, I had a blast. We had a mix of the right people and everyone getting along like a house on fire. I can?t wait for the event in November, which will be going ahead. There are a lot of new investors and a restructuring of the event planned.

Since this event was a cut down version, there was a lot crammed in each day to get through it all? there was probably a bit too much driving in the form of syd-bris after a full day out at the track.

A bit more socialising would have been better, not that there wasn?t already enough of it? but this will all be reassessed in the lead up to the main event.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will field as much of it as I can.

beankeen456
08-03-10, 01:01 PM
epic photo of the gallardo spyder spitting flames

andecorp
08-03-10, 01:16 PM
http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805195370_sEHTV-L.jpg

The brown haired girl is spectacular. I haven't seen a bad photo of her yet.

The others are meh.

scud
08-03-10, 02:04 PM
The brown haired girl is spectacular. I haven't seen a bad photo of her yet.

The others are meh.
i think that's the main dude's chick. :scratchchin:

furthest on the right gets my B.O.G :thumbsup:

andecorp
08-03-10, 02:06 PM

She's second, but definetely nothing on the brown one.

jim501
08-03-10, 02:06 PM
i think that's the main dude's chick. :scratchchin:

Yeah thats Ellie, looks like it might be her sister to Kebab's right.

Good to see the pics and hear what happened. Did Ross get rid of the R8?
Pity the weather was ordinary up here. It definitely was a lot of driving!

dkabab
08-03-10, 02:22 PM

that would be zilda.... zoo magazine model etc...

scud
08-03-10, 02:36 PM
that would be zilda.... zoo magazine model etc...
she would of looked 'tip top' in the prado. :p :thumbsup: :woohoo: :nana: :lovies:

massive :thumbsup: to tony with his LP640.

he is the man. :cool:

dkabab
08-03-10, 02:58 PM
she would of looked 'tip top' in the prado.

theres always november....

Ferrarista
08-03-10, 03:05 PM
theres always november....

hey kebab, try get some sun till then dude, my eyes are still sore after the reflection from your legs!! ha ha, :D

jim501
08-03-10, 03:07 PM
So what is the plan for November? Is it the original plan? And is Ross still organising it or was the report true that he's passed it on.

dkabab
08-03-10, 04:00 PM
hey kebab, try get some sun till then dude, my eyes are still sore after the reflection from your legs!! ha ha, :D

doesnt help standing next to girls with several layers of spray tan on either... :doh:

So what is the plan for November? Is it the original plan? And is Ross still organising it or was the report true that he's passed it on.

the itinery might not be the same, but same overall plan.
ross is still organising it, he has a few more investors on board, and some others taking on various rolls.

M308
08-03-10, 04:06 PM
doesnt help standing next to girls with several layers of spray tan on either... :doh:

I guess you know what to pack next time then :p :D

scud
08-03-10, 04:15 PM

the itinery might not be the same, but same overall plan.
ross is still organising it, he has a few more investors on board, and some others taking on various rolls.
The next event like the last event could be more smoke and mirrors? :scratchchin:

in summary the old saying 'bite off more than you can chew and chew like fuck' comes to mind.

Maybe too much was bitten? :scratchchin:

beankeen456
08-03-10, 04:19 PM
will the one in november be coming to melbourne

jim501
08-03-10, 04:21 PM
Mind you with Monster on board and presumably other sponsors, than it might reduce the price for entries and make for a better event. Sure they want to inject a bit of fun.
Just hope they realise that Sydney to the Coast in one day will kill you! As well as Melb to Sydney.

dkabab
08-03-10, 04:33 PM
Just hope they realise that Sydney to the Coast in one day will kill you! As well as Melb to Sydney.

ive done syd to bendigo leisurly in 8 hours... not the biggest drive. we did bris - syd and then syd - bris after a day at eastern creek... it was pretty exhausting, but wasnt as bad as i thought it would be... guess all the monsters helped...

i can see the schedule getting revised a fair bit... but will just wait and see...

jim501
08-03-10, 04:36 PM
Cool
Ross isn't joining us this weekend but will try for our June run so will be good to hear how it is all going then.

Ferrarista
09-03-10, 12:46 AM
Cool
Ross isn't joining us this weekend but will try for our June run so will be good to hear how it is all going then.

june run sounds like the go, cars will run smoother.....would love to join in on all the fun

Rossgo
09-03-10, 06:30 AM
Great Pictures David, Can't wait to see more!

As a few questions are being thrown around I thought I would take some time to try and answer most of them.

The November run will be slightly different to the planned March run with a few things we are working on this month.

After feed back from all the guys and girls who did the run last week we have/and are making some minor changes to the itinerary to really capitalize on all the points that people would like to see more of.

We will definitely be doing the Great Ocean Road but will make a stop around half way (Mt Gambier or somewhere there abouts). Adelaide, Torquay, Melbourne and Sydney are definitely on the list with the question of having the Gold Coast the finishing point or Sydney.

With Monster Energy drink on board for March and also November with a 1 + 1 year option on the event it has given us a little (and I do mean only a little) extra $ to do two things, make the event more exciting and drop the entry fee. After we have the itinerary finalized we will have a price out to everyone along with the itinerary.

Initially we did bite of more than we can chew but that's life and that's business. I don't know of any great company, event or person who hasn't come up against some massive challenges and I think the true test of character is how those challenges are dealt with and I believe my team has done a fantastic job in overcoming all of those. I am also pretty grateful for the challenge of March and how it turned out as it has taught me and the team some great lessons and we have grown from it massively!

Another test of character is also not biting off that same chunk again, we need to do things a bit differently this time round and from the feed back from all who came on the run last week, it doesn't need to be too much different but a few things can be improved upon.

There has been talk of me not running Auzrun anymore and that?s inaccurate, I will still be steering the ship but I will however have some great team members on board playing specific roles within the company so that I can over look the larger picture while all other details are taken care of.

I think I?ve answered most questions floating around but if anyone has any others please post back up on here as I will be checking it more often now.

Look forward to any questions.

jim501
09-03-10, 11:50 AM
Good to see you've still got your finger in the pie, must be good fun.
How'd you go getting the cars fuelled up, I think that was a lot of peoples biggest concerns. Mind you when we were out in Alice, filling up was a great time to catch up and regale about the last stint!

Rossgo
09-03-10, 12:04 PM
Good to see you've still got your finger in the pie, must be good fun.
How'd you go getting the cars fuelled up, I think that was a lot of peoples biggest concerns. Mind you when we were out in Alice, filling up was a great time to catch up and regale about the last stint!

Thanks mate and how could I not keep my involved in this. Being apart of it was amazing, from the Make a Wish kids coming and assisting in granting their wishes by having Tony bring his Lambo for Jamie to drive, to meeting some awesome people, to smashing it on some awesome tracks, to going through some AMAZING tunnels with the M5 that sounds like a rocket ship to being stressed out of my brains when hotels tell me they have run out of drinks for us haha. All part of the fun and excitement of building it into the Australian equivalent of a Carbon-black/Gumball.

Filling up was fine, we had no dramas at all. Most cars only needed two stops and as we were stopping every 3 hours for stretching and a chat some filled up and some didn't. This will be little more interesting with 50 cars on November but having all the major servos given to everyone and the distances between them is something we are going to provide so everyone knows where they can fill up. Realistically though, all cars wont pull up at the same time to fill up and all cars won't stick together so it won't be a drama as we pass through some bigger towns with either larger servo's or multiple servos.

Possibly some might run out... Not that is happened on this run :D Which is why we carried spare fuel in a number of different cars and the support car was always not to far behind.

dkabab
09-03-10, 12:13 PM
the support car was always not to far behind.

or in front.... until it needed a jerry can on the side of the road too... haha :doh:

looney
09-03-10, 03:50 PM
http://www.epicimages.com.au/photos/805194785_YAhW6-L.jpg

shame there werent any more exotic cars

Rossgo
09-03-10, 05:19 PM
shame there werent any more exotic cars

They were only the few that left from Goldie. Others came from Melbourne like the C6 and a few met in Sydney like the Maz and a couple others you'll see in the pictures but your right, November we need more exotics on the run, but hey, I'd be happy if the same caliber of cars came if they came with the same caliber of people!

fivesix
09-03-10, 05:40 PM
but hey, I'd be happy if the same caliber of cars came if they came with the same caliber of people!

great call! :)

AshSimmonds
24-03-10, 08:38 AM
http://elliegonsalves.blogspot.com/2010/03/monster-auzrun.html

jim501
24-03-10, 09:09 AM
Looks like it would be great fun! Looking forward to see what can be organised for November

Kiwi
21-04-10, 06:32 AM
:mad:
Why is it that people that paid in full for the whole run, which was shortened and promised a quick refund. have yet to see a cent?
This is the one that was shortened to just to Sydney and back to the Gold Coast. Have been promised their refunds: one person $5000 another $4000,
for the 1st of April 2010 and keep getting told it is in their bank, sent to wrong account, wrong account numbers etc?????
Ross please let those involved where their money is! 21 days is not good enough.

M308
21-04-10, 06:41 AM
Johnny Whoops...........is that you???? :D

mhh
21-04-10, 08:54 AM
Oh dear. :o

beankeen456
21-04-10, 09:15 AM
Ash check the ip adress to see if its Johnny :D

scud
21-04-10, 09:23 AM
Oh dear. :o
+ a billion.

allanuber
21-04-10, 03:50 PM
wheeeey heeeey, some controversy again :D

app
21-04-10, 03:56 PM
this site provides better entertainment than tv :p

deangpsx8
21-04-10, 04:43 PM
Johnny diversion like last time****

Uber Car for my TV commercial?

:D

allanuber
22-04-10, 01:34 AM
Meh, well that all flopped a bit.

When do we get to see the commercial!?!?

jim501
22-04-10, 02:25 AM
Should it be this hard to organise something? Hope he sorts it out or car tours will forever be tainted.

scud
22-04-10, 03:30 AM
Should it be this hard to organise something?
when cash is involved, it never is.

jim501
22-04-10, 04:04 AM
I don't want to speculate in any way, shape or form as I don't know the details. In the original Auzrun info, it said that the money would be kept in trust until the even in case of cancellation either by the participant or organisors. Theoritically, the money should always be there.
The biggest thing that keeps coming back to me is why businesses are upfront and honest about things, is it that difficult to keep people in the loop? Or is that poor business?

allanuber
22-04-10, 04:22 AM
Should it be this hard to organise something? Hope he sorts it out or car tours will forever be tainted.

They're already tainted. That's why so many people were willing to give kudos for someone giving this a go.... but it's all a massive :doh: if indeed any of the complaints are legit.

mondi
22-04-10, 04:35 AM
Not touching it with a 10 foot pole. :p

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090725230440/uncyclopedia/images/4/47/Pole-dance_hell.jpg

allanuber
22-04-10, 05:48 AM
I don't want to speculate in any way, shape or form as I don't know the details. In the original Auzrun info, it said that the money would be kept in trust until the even in case of cancellation either by the participant or organisors. Theoritically, the money should always be there.
The biggest thing that keeps coming back to me is why businesses are upfront and honest about things, is it that difficult to keep people in the loop? Or is that poor business?

Speculate away Cam - no matter who the business is, if they advertise and expect the benefit from a free public forum, they should expect and respond to public scrutiny (fair or not). They have a right of reply, or a right to let all of us knuckleheads blow steam.

Unless there's some underhanded reason, it doesn't make much sense for customers to be complaining here - unless there's a real gripe. It's not like there is a competing run that needs to knock the current one down?

With regard to the Trust - while this may mean your money doesn't get spent outside what has been agreed, it doesn't in any way guarantee that you'll get the money back in a timely manner, or without going through hoops to prove you deserve the refund. As usual, buyer beware.

jim501
22-04-10, 06:04 AM
Yeah I agree with all that, but I like to know both side before tearing anyone down. I'm sure Ross keeps and eye on this thread so I wish he'd pipe up as it looks bad at this stage. A bit like the SSC saga, as soon as James set it straight there was no problem.

Kiwi
22-04-10, 07:37 AM
My name is not Johnny.
The 2 people I know have been told by email and verbal phone and also TXT" 1)The money has been transferred,2) sent to wrong bank account,3) money is there and expect it to clear over night" and the list goes on. Money has still not been paid as of 3.30pm 22/04/2010 22 days after first promised and counting.
The question I placed on the chat has now been locked.
It just seems that with the all spruiking for the next trip that a bit of caution might be welcome for those with less disposable income.
Cheers Rowan

allanuber
22-04-10, 07:47 AM
My name is not Johnny.
The 2 people I know have been told by email and verbal phone and also TXT" 1)The money has been transferred,2) sent to wrong bank account,3) money is there and expect it to clear over night" and the list goes on. Money has still not been paid as of 3.30pm 22/04/2010 22 days after first promised and counting.
The question I placed on the chat has now been locked.
It just seems that with the all spruiking for the next trip that a bit of caution might be welcome for those with less disposable income.
Cheers Rowan

Fair call - this thread isn't locked though... so I'm sure there's plenty of other voyeurs interested in seeing the outcome too.

Kiwi
22-04-10, 08:15 AM
Sorry my mistake. You are right it is not locked. :doh:

M308
22-04-10, 09:48 AM
My name is not Johnny.

I know.........your grammar is too good :thumbsup:

allanuber
22-04-10, 09:49 AM
I know.........your grammar is too good :thumbsup:

You should meet his grandad.

deangpsx8
23-04-10, 03:49 PM
Meh, well that all flopped a bit.

When do we get to see the commercial!?!?

Here we go...Hope Ash the almighty GOD doesn&#039;t hound me for self promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0w1V7Jh34

mondi
24-04-10, 08:33 AM
C'mon, where's the burn outs????? :mad:

ferrarista2
17-05-10, 09:54 AM
Ash check the ip adress to see if its Johnny :D

far too much punctuation for johnny...
also, look out for the reference to James...then you know its johnny!!

hydie
05-07-10, 09:33 AM
Some updates have been made, including some teams.

November 15-20.

http://auzrun.com/index.php?id=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_el8R7znnPk&amp;feature=player_embedded#!

scud
05-07-10, 10:17 AM
I wonder how much had to be paid to cake?

mhh
05-07-10, 10:26 AM
Looks like some changes for the better. Now that transport and flights are included, what's the price? The Sydney start is a good idea, as is shortening the route to leave out the leg to the Gold Coast.

Racetape
12-07-10, 01:35 PM
Hey all - we recently did some work with the guys at Auzrun in the lead up to the November Rally. We got to sit down with a good number of the entrants for an informal chat about their cars, what they do and why they are on the run and thought we should post the fruits of our labor here! :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_FTdtO4EQY

Also - the Twin Turbo 360 that Moey of Queen Street Customs in Sydney is bringing - video of that to come...

http://www.boostcruising.com/database/forums/files/post-155424-1278933595382023060.jpg

Rossgo
13-07-10, 06:45 AM
Great to see some of the clips getting out. :thumbsup:

If anyone has any questions about November please drop me an email ross@auzrun.com

scud
17-07-10, 05:06 AM
small write up in the fin review with a pic of whincup sitting in tony's lp640.

says the first run was 08. :?

Rossgo
17-07-10, 08:30 AM
small write up in the fin review with a pic of whincup sitting in tony's lp640.

says the first run was 08. :?

Sure was, they called up a couple of weeks ago asking some questions but didn't confirm that anything was going to be published.

They got a few things wrong :doh: but I think it got a decent message across :thumbsup:

Racetape
19-07-10, 12:55 PM
Twin Turbo Ferrari 360 and GT3RS - sure, why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za-COn9bZwc

Rossgo
30-08-10, 10:38 AM
As final numbers are being confirmed for the end of month, I thought I would share a few of the confirmed cars for Novembers run with some having more than one of that make and model entered. In no particular order they are:

Lexus IS-F
Lexus LS600H
Porsche 997 Turbo
Porsche Carrera S
Porsche Carrera 4S
BMW E60 M5
Lamborghini LP550
Lamborghini Superleggera
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ferrari 430 Spider
Lotus Exige
Mitsubishi Evo 9
Aston Martin Vantage Roadster
Aston Martin Vantage
Aston Martin DBS
Holden VE Ute
Holden VE Wagon
Mercedes S65
Nissan GTR
Mercedes C63 AMG
Ford GTHO

So far we have a great selection of cars ranging from Classic Muscle cars to a few Jap cars to the high end cars coming from WA, SA, VIC, NSW and QLD.

mhh
30-08-10, 11:41 AM
:thumbsup: good lineup

RMV
30-08-10, 12:14 PM
:thumbsup: good lineup

Agree... nice to see some variety.

Rossgo
31-08-10, 02:06 PM
Cheers guys.

It's shaping up to be a great week for all of the entrants and hopefully a few spectators.

Rossgo
13-09-10, 10:32 AM
So I can now release the launch party and closing party details.

The Potbelleez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxAXmHa0--I ) are going to launch the run at the Astral bar (At Star City in Sydney).

For the final party we have locked in DJ Kronic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtW6apkaoAc ) in Adelaide at Royale - If you haven&#039;t been there you need to check it out, classy place.

Two wild nights to start off the week and 3 more in the middle!

A few other little things to come next month as well that I&#039;ll share ;)

Rossgo
13-09-10, 11:16 AM
And...

RS
13-09-10, 11:20 AM
in Adelaide at Royale - If you haven't been there you need to check it out, classy place.

Is that the one on Gouger St?
Met the woner of it a few weeks back and keep on meaning to head down there

Rossgo
13-09-10, 11:55 AM
Is that the one on Gouger St?
Met the woner of it a few weeks back and keep on meaning to head down there

Yes thats right. Great place. You should definitely check it out.

RS
13-09-10, 11:57 AM
Yes thats right. Great place. You should definitely check it out.

I will if she is there :thumbsup:

DKabab tells me vodka o is involved with you guys now in some capacity

Rossgo
13-09-10, 11:59 AM
DKabab tells me vodka o is involved with you guys now in some capacity
[/quote]

Haha, a great story behind that but no, they are not on board with us in anyway.

Rossgo
13-09-10, 12:08 PM
And...

Rossgo
14-09-10, 04:58 AM
And the last couple...

Rossgo
14-09-10, 05:01 AM
Having to load them all individually... Probably should have re-sized them.

Rossgo
14-09-10, 05:03 AM
And of course, Miss Auzrun...

jim501
14-09-10, 05:54 AM
And of course, Miss Auzrun...

So were you judging Ross, just a bit bias haha :p

Rossgo
14-09-10, 06:18 AM
So were you judging Ross, just a bit bias haha :p
:thumbsup:

Rossgo
15-09-10, 10:02 AM
We are currently sitting at 28 entry's with 2 spots left for November...

It's going to be an interesting week...

We are also in the middle of talking with SA tourism and Mayor of PA for a parade around Adelaide (I think that takes about 23 seconds from one side to the other right? :p) when we get in or after we finish the skid pan day on the Saturday with Make a Wish being involved. At this stage it's a maybe but from what they have told me it's being pushed fairly hard to organize something.

Would love some feed back from everyone on here regarding speeding fines... The topic was brought up on facebook with the question asked: Wondering what the penalty should be for those who are fined for speeding on this years run? The best answer so far was: Double or triple the fine and make that a donation to Make A Wish. It would be interesting if anyone else has any thoughts. :scratchchin:

PA
15-09-10, 10:10 AM
What Skid Pan are you planing to use?

Wattens
15-09-10, 11:22 AM
tripple the fine and make a deal with the state gov to have no demerit points incured lol :thumbsup:

Rossgo
15-09-10, 02:20 PM
What Skid Pan are you planing to use?

Private skid pan just out side of the city... :thumbsup:

ferrarista2
15-09-10, 11:50 PM
tripple the fine and make a deal with the state gov to have no demerit points incured lol :thumbsup:

+1

PA
16-09-10, 08:09 AM
Private skid pan just out side of the city... :thumbsup:
Tailem Bend Motorsport Park?

dkabab
16-09-10, 09:27 AM
Tailem Bend Motorsport Park?

Even more private.

PA
17-09-10, 02:47 AM
Even more private.
Big W car park.

Rossgo
27-09-10, 01:30 PM
Big W car park.

LOL, more private.

The only way it will be viewed is if your on the run or through photos and video of it afterward...

It's never been done in Australia as far as I know.

Rossgo
11-10-10, 06:46 AM
Only 35 Days to go and we cannot wait!

11-10-10, 08:04 AM

You guys still going to drop by Crown on the trip? If yes, any clues as to when? Would be quite awesome to be able to go and see all the cars arriving :)

fivesix
11-10-10, 10:49 AM

I am 99% certain I saw you at emporium on Friday?!

Rossgo
11-10-10, 10:58 AM
You guys still going to drop by Crown on the trip? If yes, any clues as to when? Would be quite awesome to be able to go and see all the cars arriving :)

Best time to catch all the cars together will be about 7:30am on Thursday the 18th at Crown Casino Valet area.

Rossgo
11-10-10, 10:59 AM
I am 99% certain I saw you at emporium on Friday?!

More than likely.

fivesix
11-10-10, 11:15 AM
More than likely.

Yeah you walked past us having lunch...

beankeen456
11-10-10, 01:26 PM
Best time to catch all the cars together will be about 7:30am on Thursday the 18th at Crown Casino Valet area.

Will the cars arrive on the 17th at Crown? If so, what time around?

fivesix
11-10-10, 01:27 PM

ummm... :confused: :p

Rossgo
11-10-10, 02:40 PM

Unsure. Leaving about 7am from Sydney so how ever long it takes to get there...

Wattens
11-10-10, 03:24 PM
Unsure. Leaving about 7am from Sydney so how ever long it takes to get there...

3 hours if the traffic is good lol :D

Rossgo
14-10-10, 07:12 AM
A complete outline giving those interested a bit of an idea of when we will be leaving places and arriving.

32 days and counting down the minutes...

zorg
14-10-10, 08:08 AM
looks good sent the info pack to a mate with a new GT3.

dkabab
16-11-10, 02:37 AM
FYI. Just leaving for Sydney now, the drive leaves star city casino tomorrow morning around 7 ish... So if youre in Sydney, come down and say hello before we leave. Will be arriving in Melbourne tomorrow night.... I think.
Will keep this thread updated as we go.

Paulstar
16-11-10, 02:51 AM
FYI. Just leaving for Sydney now, the drive leaves star city casino tomorrow morning around 7 ish... So if youre in Sydney, come down and say hello before we leave. Will be arriving in Melbourne tomorrow night.... I think.
Will keep this thread updated as we go.

Might just drop by before work :thumbsup:

Jamezilla
16-11-10, 06:04 AM
If starting in Sydney, why did I see Ross' Lexus heading south on the Hume last Friday on a transport?
It was approx at Benalla heading to Melb. Couldn't miss it - Black ISF with silver AUZRUN stickers.

Wattens
16-11-10, 06:31 AM
Ahhh man 7am....

Assuming I get down there in time.

Have a safe drive guys

dkabab
16-11-10, 07:00 AM
If starting in Sydney, why did I see Ross' Lexus heading south on the Hume last Friday on a transport?
It was approx at Benalla heading to Melb. Couldn't miss it - Black ISF with silver AUZRUN stickers.

Was heading for a touch up... Wait till you see it now

cel
16-11-10, 02:45 PM
Went to Star City Casino after work to catch up with dkebabs and see all the cars, very impressive! If anyone is thinking of having a look tomorrow morning, it&#039;s well worth it! I wasn&#039;t sure how much to expect, but I found a stunning collection of cars!

Sadly I didn&#039;t bring my DSLR, so all photo&#039;s taken with my compact cam.

Here&#039;s a couple of photo&#039;s:

https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/albums/userpics/10444/md_CIMG2206.jpg (https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/displayimage-21190-fullsize.html)

https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/albums/userpics/10444/md_CIMG2229.jpg (https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/displayimage-21189-fullsize.html)

https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/albums/userpics/10444/md_CIMG2244.jpg (https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/displayimage-21188-fullsize.html)

https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/albums/userpics/10444/md_CIMG2257.jpg (https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/displayimage-21187-fullsize.html)

https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/albums/userpics/10444/md_CIMG2266.jpg (https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/displayimage-21186-fullsize.html)

https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/albums/userpics/10444/md_CIMG2272.jpg (https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/displayimage-21185-fullsize.html)

Can&#039;t wait to see the photo&#039;s when Dave gets back, it&#039;s looking very promising! (if he brought his memory cards...)

Last_Ride
16-11-10, 05:06 PM
When can I see them in melbourne ????? 17th or 18th morning ????? At. Crown ??????

dkabab
16-11-10, 05:39 PM
When can I see them in melbourne ????? 17th or 18th morning ????? At. Crown ??????

Arrive on the 17th, leave on the 18th. Not sure on times

Last_Ride
16-11-10, 06:27 PM
Arrive on the 17th, leave on the 18th. Not sure on times

thanks mate
where will you be parking your cars
lol

Laminator
17-11-10, 06:28 AM
I can't really be bothered to look through all 23 pages... so I'll just ask where you guys are stopping in Adelaide and around when?

dkabab
17-11-10, 08:25 AM
Friday night the cars will be parked in Victoria square from 5-9.

Gps says 300kms to Melbourne, for those playing at home....

PA
17-11-10, 09:08 AM

You will be there in just over an hour.

Wattens
17-11-10, 09:10 AM

Must be on a Telstra network to get 3g coverage so far from a major city..... 300km you must be comming up to albury pretty soon

mondi
17-11-10, 09:17 AM
Must be on a Telstra network to get 3g coverage so far from a major city..... 300km you must be comming up to albury pretty soon

No 3G coverage there buddy boy, not on the Big T anyway.........

dkabab
17-11-10, 09:33 AM
On Telstra 3G. So... :p

mondi
17-11-10, 09:39 AM
On Telstra 3G. So... :p

You are WRONG!!!! (tm ff)

It's Telstra NextG.............. ;)

dkabab
17-11-10, 09:48 AM
Lol probably. Top corner says Telstra 3G.

cel
17-11-10, 02:48 PM
Here&#039;s a few more photo&#039;s, I&#039;ve posted a new lot on my site (http://www.celsydney.com/cars/auzrun-2010-at-star-city-casino-in-sydney.php) aswell

http://www.celsydney.com/cars/auzrun/data/images/auzrun_2010_sydney_star_city_casino_(8).jpg

http://www.celsydney.com/cars/auzrun/data/images/auzrun_2010_sydney_star_city_casino_(22).jpg

http://www.celsydney.com/cars/auzrun/data/images/auzrun_2010_sydney_star_city_casino_(28).jpg

http://www.celsydney.com/cars/auzrun/data/images/auzrun_2010_sydney_star_city_casino_(19).jpg

dkabab
19-11-10, 02:55 AM
Just leaving Torquay On the way to Adelaide via the GOR.

AshSimmonds
19-11-10, 05:13 AM
Just leaving Torquay On the way to Adelaide via the GOR.

Where youse at? Cmon - you got the technology - use it!

(post more pics of boobs on the move :p )

TomE
19-11-10, 05:33 AM
LOL, more private.

The only way it will be viewed is if your on the run or through photos and video of it afterward...

It's never been done in Australia as far as I know.

Anyone spilling the beans!!!!!!!!!!!!

mhh
19-11-10, 06:23 AM
Anyone spilling the beans!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one. I promised Dave the other shots would remain private. :D

alvchua
19-11-10, 06:44 AM
Lovely!!! :thumbsup:

PA
19-11-10, 06:46 AM
Just spilled my beans.

Wattens
19-11-10, 06:50 AM
Forget that, where are the "one night in Paris" style vids?

And why is the pic labeled 458?

Last_Ride
19-11-10, 07:03 AM
Which car were you In dkabab ??????

Plus I didn't see the DBS????? I was talking to one of the Ferrari owner (red 360) and he told that the other 360 broke down a day before coming to Melbourne ????? Any one knows what happened to it ????

Wattens
19-11-10, 07:35 AM
Plus I didn't see the DBS????? I was talking to one of the Ferrari owner (red 360) and he told that the other 360 broke down a day before coming to Melbourne ????? Any one knows what happened to it ????

better yet was it one of these cheap 360's going around with 45 000km and no service history?

Last_Ride
19-11-10, 07:41 AM
I am really not sure about that but it was in Sydney .....macel did take some shots of it ....the one in red or maroon

dkabab
19-11-10, 08:06 AM
I'm in a porka today.... The candy apple 360 has fuel pump issues. It's queen street customs car. Their other 360 is still going.