Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
Good to see you've still got your finger in the pie, must be good fun.
How'd you go getting the cars fuelled up, I think that was a lot of peoples biggest concerns. Mind you when we were out in Alice, filling up was a great time to catch up and regale about the last stint!
Thanks mate and how could I not keep my involved in this. Being apart of it was amazing, from the Make a Wish kids coming and assisting in granting their wishes by having Tony bring his Lambo for Jamie to drive, to meeting some awesome people, to smashing it on some awesome tracks, to going through some AMAZING tunnels with the M5 that sounds like a rocket ship to being stressed out of my brains when hotels tell me they have run out of drinks for us haha. All part of the fun and excitement of building it into the Australian equivalent of a Carbon-black/Gumball.

Filling up was fine, we had no dramas at all. Most cars only needed two stops and as we were stopping every 3 hours for stretching and a chat some filled up and some didn't. This will be little more interesting with 50 cars on November but having all the major servos given to everyone and the distances between them is something we are going to provide so everyone knows where they can fill up. Realistically though, all cars wont pull up at the same time to fill up and all cars won't stick together so it won't be a drama as we pass through some bigger towns with either larger servo's or multiple servos.

Possibly some might run out... Not that is happened on this run Which is why we carried spare fuel in a number of different cars and the support car was always not to far behind.

Attachment 39267