Answers to some of the Castrol inquiries.

I know we cant offer instant Technical answers, but if you need to discuss something in depth or need to know now, please contact the tech support line. Details in other thread.

Cheers
Rob.

1.Where are Castrol oils manufactured?
What has becoming part of the BP Group provided? Is Castrol now partly owned by BP?
& does that mean BP no longer makes their own oils?

The majority of products are manufactured in Australia. We also manufacture in Malaysia. Some finished products are imported from Germany and Japan. Castrol is wholly owned by BP. BP continue to manufacture their own lubricants mainly for commercial use.

2. Is the 25-50 a 'fully' synthetic like the 0-40 and 10-60??
or is it semi or mineral. Couldnt find this on the website anywhere.
cheers big ears.

Castrol EDGE Sport 25W-50 is a mineral oil. All other Castrol EDGE viscosities are synthetic.

4. any 10W-30?

Castrol GTX Modern Engine 10W-30

5. I've been using Magnatec 10W40 Diesel in my 3.0L and now 4.2 Patrol for years, and very happy with it. Why the change to 15W40?

Magnatec Diesel has only ever been available in a 15W-40. Were you using Magnatec 10W-40 perhaps? For more info log on to cPanel?

6. I would like to know if you can send me over some Castrol Transmax Z, or if you know of a company that will. Castrol NZ only appear to sell it in 20L drums, is this correct? Am i able to order in the 4L bottle of it through a castrol outfit, from Aussie? Cheers.

Best bet would be to contact the NZ offices on 64 9 639 0000