Thread: Chrome Brushed Car Wrap

After chatting with a heap of people and getting some ideas for the next wrap of the IS-F we are boldly going to step into a Chrome Brushed wrap...

As far as I know, it's never been done in Australia before because it's illegal to have full reflective paint/material on a car above waist height so we are going with more a a brushed finished. Meaning it's Chrome but not reflective like a mirror, more like a machined metal finish.

Having photos taken of the ISF all the time as it's still looking like a Sherif car is good for us and finding it posted around the place lead us to thinking of doing something that would get the car a bit more attention.

The guys at Exotic Kustoms are once again doing the wrap (as they did the last two, full Matte Black and the Sherif wrap) and as far as I know are the only guys in Australia to have that exact material... They picked it up/secured a deal when they did SEMA last November (I think it was on in November) to bring it in.

Obviously it will look a bit more aggressive than this one as it's an F not a 250 but I think it gives the general idea...

I think it needs a set of wheels to go with it though after it's done... Any suggestions?

Attachment 51382

Quote Originally Posted by Auzrun View Post
    As far as I know, it's never been done in Australia before because it's illegal to have full reflective paint/material on a car above waist height...
    No problem on a Ferrari/Lambo.

I think Autosalon Magazine did this to a GTR a few years ago

Delorean was polished aluminium wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
    Delorean was polished aluminium wasn't it?
    Nope, Stainless Steel....

And not polished but Brushed.....

Quote Originally Posted by AshSimmonds View Post
    No problem on a Ferrari/Lambo.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQA_7qEejc&feature=related[/youtube]

What about gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQA_7qEejc&feature=related[/youtube]

What about gold?
    If it was a Lambo or Ferrari it would site well but not with the IS-F.

Gold only sits well on certain cars with the lines and angles of the car... Maybe when we pick up the next Auzrun car we'll go some more UEA!

Thread Information