Thread: Odyssey Battery - Testimonial

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share this with everyone.

DATE: January 5, 2011
    TO: Steve Niewulis
    RE: Odyssey Batteries

To Whom It May Concern:

I was approached by Steve Niewulis with Carolina Energy about six months ago. He
    was selling a battery that he claimed was above and beyond other batteries on the
    market. Having a background in electrical and electronics, I was very skeptical about
    the claims that Steve was making. Steve and I sat down and he presented all the
    information about the battery and other customer testimonials, which peaked my
    interest but did not curve my skepticism.

After several very technical questions, which Steve was able to answer, we decided
    to get one battery for our Ram 1500 and two batteries for an ambulance for a load
    test. The test was conducted for 30 minutes with all electrical equipment powered
    by only the Odyssey Battery.

1. During the test on the Ram 1500 we also operated the winch several times
    under load. I was certain this would drain the battery enough that the vehicle
    would not start at the end of the test. I was very wrong. At the end of this
    test, the vehicle started without hesitation or starter drag.
    2. During the test on the ambulance, we also operated two compressors and a
    suction pump running. At the end of this test, the vehicle started without
    hesitation or starter drag.

After the test, I was very impressed how the batteries performed. I felt very
    confident that the batteries would eliminate a lot of starting issues. We have
    since started replacing our OEM batteries with the Odyssey Battery. In the
    units that have the Odyssey Battery, starting issues have been eliminated. We even
    had a crew that forgot to turn off the battery switch that powers the patient
    compartment at the end of their shift. The truck sat for 12 hours, not plugged into a
    shoreline, with the equipment running. It started right up the next morning.
    If anyone would like to contact me regarding the Odyssey Batteries and the test we
    conducted, I can be reached at 980-429-6102 or email jhenry@lincolncounty.org.

John Henry

Logistics Officer
    Lincoln County EMS

Convinced me, Im gonna go get me one of those Ram 1500's and an ambulance.

I've heard if you let them run completely flat they are toast. Anyone else?

if run any battery completely flat it will be toast. Car batteries are not designed to be stay flat.

But if your referring it to being used as a deep cycle battery . then its untrue . Odyssey batteries are design as a deep cycling and starting battery .

Quote Originally Posted by g2s View Post
    ...deep cycling...

Quote Originally Posted by timinoz View Post
    I've heard if you let them run completely flat they are toast. Anyone else?
    Will tell you on the weekend. Put a small odyssey in the Lotus 350 a little while ago, a door was left ajar and the interior light ran the battery down to zip over a few days. Put it on charge last weekend and the smaller chargers threw up error lights. Pulled it out and dropped it on the big charger (CTEK 25 amp) and it looked to be charging. Will see if the car kicks over tomorrow, otherwise i have a nice $350 paper weight.

I bought one of those CTEK chargers from ebay that are meant to "recon" dead batteries. So far working two for two reviving batteries that wouldn't keep a charge on the standard charger and were ready for the recyclers.

Anotherforumuser. you got more info on these chargers? interested.

Thread Information