Thread: Optimum Opti-Coat

What Is It?

Optimum Opti-Coat is an aftermarket clear coat that compared to factory clear:

• [li]Is much harder and resistant to surface marring. Opti-Coat measures 9 on Mohs scale of hardness[/li]
      [li]Is far more resistant to chemical etching[/li]
      [li]hydrophobic properties release dirt producing the "easy clean" effect.[/li]
      [li]does not require waxing to protect from the elements[/li]

A single layer of Opti-Coat is on average 2 microns in thickness when applied by hand.

How Does It Work?

1. The first step is for the Opti-Coat dealer to remove any defects from the panels. Any scratches or swirl marks should be removed prior to laying down the new layer of clear coat

2. After defect removal the Opti-Coat dealer then ensures the surface is perfectly clean of any oils or old wax by wiping down all surfaces with isopropyl alcohol, prepsol or similar.

3. Two layers of Opti-Coat are applied and allowed to set. The surface becomes touch dry in approx. 30 mins and fully cured in 12 hours.

Where Can I get It?

The Opti-Coat service can be found at the following dealers http://optimumcarcare.com.au/product...d_dealers.html

FAQ

Q. I heard that Opti-Coat can be applied with an airbrush and produces a much thicker film and superior results?
    A. Yes, this is true. However it also uses excessive amount of product. The clear coat film produced when hand applied, has proven to be thick enough to protect the factory clear coat from evironmental impacts.

Q. Can Opti-Coat be applied to other types of surfaces, or just paint?
    A. Yes, Opti-Coat can be applied to all other types of exterior surfaces including glass, metal and plastic. Treated plastics will not fade, metals like aluminium will not oxidise and windshields become hydrophobic and improves vision when driving in poor weather and bug splatter is removed easier.

Q. Can I buy Opti-Coat and apply it myself?
    A. No. Opti-Coat is a professional only product and available only through the approved dealer network.

Q. Do you offer a warranty with the Opti-Coat service?
    A. Yes. An optional lifetime warranty for new vehicles and a 5 year warranty for used vehicles. Discuss with your dealer the terms and conditions of this warranty.

Optimum Maintenance Plan

A key point of the Opti-Coat service is the ongoing maintenance provided by the dealer. We understand that it is inevitable damage will be inflicted to the coating from things such as automatic tunnel washes, brushes and car wash services. For this reason we have included a maintenance plan to ensure the coating is maintained and/or restored as required.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel@ZAS View Post
    What Is It?

Optimum Opti-Coat is an aftermarket clear coat that compared to factory clear:

• [li]Is much harder and resistant to surface marring. Opti-Coat measures 9 on Mohs scale of hardness[/li]
      [li]Is far more resistant to chemical etching[/li]
      [li]hydrophobic properties release dirt producing the "easy clean" effect.[/li]
      [li]does not require waxing to protect from the elements[/li]

A single layer of Opti-Coat is on average 2 microns in thickness when applied by hand.

How Does It Work?

1. The first step is for the Opti-Coat dealer to remove any defects from the panels. Any scratches or swirl marks should be removed prior to laying down the new layer of clear coat

2. After defect removal the Opti-Coat dealer then ensures the surface is perfectly clean of any oils or old wax by wiping down all surfaces with isopropyl alcohol, prepsol or similar.

3. Two layers of Opti-Coat are applied and allowed to set. The surface becomes touch dry in approx. 30 mins and fully cured in 12 hours.

Where Can I get It?

The Opti-Coat service can be found at the following dealers http://optimumcarcare.com.au/product...d_dealers.html

FAQ

Q. I heard that Opti-Coat can be applied with an airbrush and produces a much thicker film and superior results?
    A. Yes, this is true. However it also uses excessive amount of product. The clear coat film produced when hand applied, has proven to be thick enough to protect the factory clear coat from evironmental impacts.

Q. Can Opti-Coat be applied to other types of surfaces, or just paint?
    A. Yes, Opti-Coat can be applied to all other types of exterior surfaces including glass, metal and plastic. Treated plastics will not fade, metals like aluminium will not oxidise and windshields become hydrophobic and improves vision when driving in poor weather and bug splatter is removed easier.

Q. Can I buy Opti-Coat and apply it myself?
    A. No. Opti-Coat is a professional only product and available only through the approved dealer network.

Q. Do you offer a warranty with the Opti-Coat service?
    A. Yes. An optional lifetime warranty for new vehicles and a 5 year warranty for used vehicles. Discuss with your dealer the terms and conditions of this warranty.

Optimum Maintenance Plan

A key point of the Opti-Coat service is the ongoing maintenance provided by the dealer. We understand that it is inevitable damage will be inflicted to the coating from things such as automatic tunnel washes, brushes and car wash services. For this reason we have included a maintenance plan to ensure the coating is maintained and/or restored as required.
    Great writeup Joel ,

Where the hell is everyone ? Have they all gone brain dead ?

I have already applied it to one of my clients brand New VW R36 Estate White in Colour !
    Two days were spent to do paint correction yes, on a two day brand new car that's how car dealers do predeliveries or not and charge the customer $$$$$$

The Opti-Coat was applied to all areas of the car , paint , glass , plastic, wheels ( inside the rims and outside !)
    The wheels had to be removed to coat the inside with Opti-coat to get an even coverage !

Client was very happy with the gloss and workmanship !

I will be posting a full review soon on the procedure and photos of the work carried out over a two day period !

Anyone interested in the Opti-Coat can contact me via PM as i am the Authorized Dealer for Victoria !

Regards Mario

Thread Information