Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV: LCD vs Plasma vs LED etc

http://www.dtvforum.info

check this place... some pretty good forums/discussions about almost all models

its an aussie forum, there are even threads on what people have paid for what models etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AshSimmonds View Post
    $699 bucks 42" full HD, free freight (so don't have to deal with those pesky humans), and it's 100hz (a lot of the <$1k models are only 50hz) - that's about best bang-for-buck isn't it? - http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-lcd-led-...-tv-sku-58442/
    So been checking a few times a week - still seems like the best deal.

There's a few 40-42 inchers around $500-600, but they are 50hz.

Any better deals around or is this the best go? BTW kebabs I went to Hardly Normals and they don't really have the same model lines - does your thingy still work?

Quote Originally Posted by AshSimmonds View Post
    does your thingy still work?
    most sales people are oblivious as to what models they have on their own shop floor let alone what competing stores carry... so yes

Quote Originally Posted by dkabab View Post
    most sales people are oblivious as to what models they have on their own shop floor let alone what competing stores carry... so yes
    OK what 42" 100hz LCD you think I can get for <$600 plugged in? Or 37-42" LED for <$700?

It's not a matter if being a tightarse - I just think if that $700 buck deal is a decent telly then I have no need for anything more flash as it will only be properly used a couple times a week.

Couple of times a week ?

Oh yeah you live within walking distance of 30 pubs :doh:

Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    Couple of times a week ?

Oh yeah you live within walking distance of 30 pubs :doh:

Sitting there watching teevee was never my thing, unless it's like 430am and too tired to do anything and can't sleep.

I only really see it being used for video games now and then, and maybe some movies and stif on in the background - which obviously doesn't need mega quality.

( sent from pub #2 on the walk home from the office )

Cheers :drink:

(is there a "having a quiet beer" smiley?)

A comparison between LCD, LED and Plasma on A Current Affair tonight.....

They call it an expose on which one will die first but should be something for you to look at Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherforumuser View Post
    A comparison between LCD, LED and Plasma on A Current Affair tonight.....

They call it an expose on which one will die first but should be something for you to look at Ash.
    I'll have to watch it on my crummy 19" CRT :waah:

I was at JB's today buying gaming stuff, haven't bought anything for gaming for a decade and almost went for a new TV as well, the LCD's look great, but you need to be a little careful as they play demo DVD's through them that may look a lot better than what you get at home.

Giving this thread a bump, &#039;cos i bumped something else earlier today... :scared:

So i fumbled a wii remote and cracked my friends 52&quot; Sharp Aquos which must now be replaced. Can anyone assist with getting a better than retail price?

I&#039;ve done some googling and ive found Bing Lee as the cheapest so far http://www.binglee.com.au/sharp-lc52...utm_medium=cpc at $1700 which can surely be dropped a few hundred in store, is that a good price/

Oh crud...i just realised they actually have this TV at close to 5grand....fingers crossed that insurance covers accidental damage...

http://www.comparison.com.au/televisions/Sharp/LC52D85X

Cool story bro

:doh:

Just heard o the radio the good guys have a 40" tv for $400ish

Kids play room dvd player needed upgrade, so ended up buying a new dvr, actually a pvr for our lounge, and putting the 2 yr old Panasonic DVR in for the kids...

Super impressed...

Samsung Smart thingo....

BD-E8500A

500 gb storage, blue ray (our first), dual channel/core, wifi and LAN, Pic in Pic (love this), 3D (don't have telly yet), and media share... does internet, maps, google, twitter, youtube features etc too...

Really smooth operation, great quality picture even on our 7 yr old Samsung 40" LCD...

and now we can use just one remote for most stuff too.....

But right now, I'm loving the PIP stuff.... it's great to surf around without breaking the program you're watching.

And only $600 with 5 years new for old warranty. The panasonic was around $1500 I think...

Bought a new fridge freezer too, which helped the price a tad, but got a great deal on that too.

I've got a Plasma but I hear the OLEDs are now just as good. Does anyone have one of the latest OLED sets and what's the view on them. I'm looking at either an LG or Panasonic set.

The LG C9 series is very highly rated, even though it's about 1 year or 18 months old. Even the newest LG tech (the CX?) that was unveiled at CES 2020 is not leaps and bounds better. David Jones in Perth has the 77" C9 for display and its crazy how sharp and clear the picture is. I really can't imagine how much better tv panel technology can get.

Apparently LG makes the panels for Sony apart from the highest Sony range.

Quote Originally Posted by E7ITE View Post
    The LG C9 series is very highly rated, even though it's about 1 year or 18 months old. Even the newest LG tech (the CX?) that was unveiled at CES 2020 is not leaps and bounds better. David Jones in Perth has the 77" C9 for display and its crazy how sharp and clear the picture is. I really can't imagine how much better tv panel technology can get.

Apparently LG makes the panels for Sony apart from the highest Sony range.
    Yeah the LG C9 is what I'm thinking now that Panasonic is leaving the market. The improvement on the CX isn't that large so I think the techs about maxed out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information