Page 295 of 309 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 6169

Thread: AE Wall Street - share market, stocks, options, financials, investments, etc

Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    I'm half expecting that
    Tooth hurty

Quote Originally Posted by AE-DC View Post
    Which wasn't as bad as 1987.

The reason we don't hear about 1987 though is because of the quick recovery, because Reagan didn't dick about with stupid ideas that prolonged the crash like FDR and his new deal.
    we will also recover quickly, we need one of 2 things - a vaccine or for the virus threat to wane plus added government initiatives
    Tooth hurty

Quote Originally Posted by amgsl55 View Post
    we will also recover quickly, we need one of 2 things - a vaccine or for the virus threat to wane plus added government initiatives
    Vaccine will take 12 months to be available after testing etc even when they develop one.
    I don't think Govt incentives will do much, the mood out there is dire.

It took 10 years for the DOW to recover from the bottom, not saying that will happen here but it's interesting to look back.
    Tommy Gunna

Vaccine will take 12 months to be available after testing etc even when they develop one.
    I don't think Govt incentives will do much, the mood out there is dire.

It took 10 years for the DOW to recover from the bottom, not saying that will happen here but it's interesting to look back.
    this situation is different in that industry has just stopped. Once virus fear dissipates industry will start again and we will see a rapid recovery IMHO.

This is a good time for the government to push forwards with company tax cuts and income tax cuts
    Tooth hurty

this situation is different in that industry has just stopped. Once virus fear dissipates industry will start again and we will see a rapid recovery IMHO.

This is a good time for the government to push forwards with company tax cuts and income tax cuts
    Even if they find a vaccine, which I think is close, it will take a very long time with testing and approvals before it can be used, this will boost confidence but the virus itself will still be active.
    Time will tell but it hasn't really hit home here in Australia yet.
    Certainly along the way there will be some massive bargains to be had for the experienced player.
    Tommy Gunna

Quote Originally Posted by 360c View Post
    It doesn't matter how low interest rates are if you have no job or your business is dead in the water or shut down and you have no cash flow. Shit flows downhill, can't pay your suppliers then they can't pay theirs either. Snowball rolls, bad debt cycle.....
    Not only that but business are now run on such thin margins that it doesn't take much to knock them out. That's before you factor in all the fancy financial products available these days.

Even if they find a vaccine, which I think is close, it will take a very long time with testing and approvals before it can be used, this will boost confidence but the virus itself will still be active.
    Time will tell but it hasn't really hit home here in Australia yet.
    Certainly along the way there will be some massive bargains to be had for the experienced player.
    I reckon China will feel it financially, who is going to trust them again with their totalitarian style. I wouldn't want to own a Chinese restaurant or be a Chinese hooker at the moment.
    AE's Tame Race Driver
    I never noticed how stupid people can be. Just kidding, that's the first thing I notice. Unless they're ugly. You can't miss ugly.

I'm interested to hear why not. I reckon it's a given.

I've changed my mind

we're going to be in big trouble
    Tooth hurty

APT is getting belted

What the f*** good is NabTrade when you cant access your holdings to trade on a day like today ???
    Not the first time.
    Tommy Gunna

Administrator
    What the f*** good is NabTrade when you cant access your holdings to trade on a day like today ???
    Not the first time.
    Other investors would like to know if you are selling or buying, so they can do the opposite.

I've changed my mind

we're going to be in big trouble
    One of my commercial properties is a split tenancy with drive through coffee and an Indian Restaurant. I'm just waiting for the call about not being able to pay the rent. Fortunately the mortgage is small and I'm miles ahead on repayments.
    300kph+ club

Afterpay is getting hit hard.

One of my commercial properties is a split tenancy with drive through coffee and an Indian Restaurant. I'm just waiting for the call about not being able to pay the rent. Fortunately the mortgage is small and I'm miles ahead on repayments.
    What is your plan for handling that eventuality? Do you keep the tenants in there so that they can keep trading in the hope that they will eventually pay rent, or do you turf them out and hope to find someone looking for a place?

At 3pm yesterday I was the 3rd client at my hairdresser for the whole day. This is a salon in a main shopping mall, always with a queue.

At the same time, my car was getting washed and they told me that I was the 5th car all day.
    Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club

I'm waiting for the same call on my IP'S.

I wonder what my landlord insurance will say if my tenants all default?

What trading platform does everyone use ?
    NabTrade only works when you don't really need it.
    Tommy Gunna

What trading platform does everyone use ?
    NabTrade only works when you don't really need it.
    I use IG Markets. $8 brokerage per trade

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
    What is your plan for handling that eventuality? Do you keep the tenants in there so that they can keep trading in the hope that they will eventually pay rent, or do you turf them out and hope to find someone looking for a place?
    Already offered mine 3 months rent hold. To be decided whether is then scrapped later

Still nothing from Dan Andrews re payroll tax etc etc
    300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    I use IG Markets. $8 brokerage per trade
    Thanks.....
    Tommy Gunna

Page 295 of 309 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305 ... LastLast

Thread Information