NULON Questions answered..

Q. "With reference to Rotary, please be aware Mazda do not recommend the use of synthetic engine oils in their Rotary engines. There is lots of information on this subject which make for very interesting reading." thats only cos the synthetic doesnt burn well? so if you are running premix in the fuel then its alright to use it or is there more to the situation??
A. That is correct, Mazda do not recommend the use of synthetic oil. The early generation synthetic oils caused seal elastomer problems which resulted in seal swell and failure. Modern synthetic engine oils have resolved these issues. Another concern is how well particular synthetic oils mix with the fuel when injected into the engine to lubricate the apex seals including the cleanliness after oils burns off. New technology Synthetic engine oils have resolved these problems but as the manufacturer Mazda, does not recommend synthetic engine oils we have to align our recommendations accordingly.

Q. Why is it I can't ever get a 5L contrainer size of the right gear box oil at supercheap or any other store that carries it. Especially when sales are on - THAT SUCKS. I think it was the synthetic 75-90 was wha'ts needed for a FWD combined transmission with LSD. but - not and I ain't going to buy 4 or 5 small bottles either?
I tried both Lakemba and Bankstown Supercheap Auto- Nothing.
A. Nulon Gear oils are manufactured in 1 litre and 4 litre size containers. Auto part suppliers do have these sizes but may not have every product in stock.

Q. May have been answered in the earlier post but WAY TOO wordy.
I am running a K50 manual gearbox with 80w/90w oil, in a Melbourne winter. Very notchy cold! This oil is useless in sub 10 degree weather.
Is there an additive that i can use in a lighter gearbox oil that will act like 80/90 hot? This will save me changing oil every 6 months!
A. The use of a semi-synthetic or synthetic 75W-90 would help with the cold temperature gear changes. The 75W would handle much colder temperatures. The addition of G70 Gearbox and Diff Treatment will help with gear change issues including helping with worn or crunching gears.

Hey guys i have been using Nulon since it came out and love the gear. My R33 runs Smooth shift gearbox oil 5w40 syn oil i can say that i have tried a lot of different oil in the car and the Nulon is the best. makes the most power with it and runs the smoothest.

I recently put in the 80,000km treatment and i can say that its the best thing i have done the engine is running the best it every has and been 2 3 track days one yesterday drifting all day and used no oil no smoke and performed excellent all day

Thanks Nulon!!!!!!!