Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Tommy Gunna

At the risk of sending Dodger into his doomsday bunker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFhjMQrVts&t=637s
    300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by amgsl55 View Post
    saw a 6 year old the other day. His mum brought him along, 5 kids are listed on her insurance card - all have different surnames. It's a factory and centrelink pays
    I see that all the time too. My absolute favourite was an ******* refugee with 4 or 5 kids on her medicare and concession cards getting an ovulatory stimulant (for IVF), I mean seriously, they are already a burden on the taxpayer so lets just add fuel to the fire. Obviously there is a mountain of legal and ethical issues here; but what is the benefit to the country? Where do you draw the line?
    300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by 360c View Post
    So who is going to the Melbourne F1 this weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    Yep!
    My boys have been looking forward to this since the end of last season. There is no doubt you are increasing the risk by attending large public events such as this and perhaps you can minimise the risk a little by not using public transport to get there, not sitting in a packed grandstand and limiting contact with others as much as possible; but it's still a risk. Worth taking? I'm starting to wonder I must admit.
    The boys woud be fine if they caught it; but me with a couple of comorbidities........not so much. Haven't decided yet
    300kph+ club

Coronavirus

3 F1 team members have tested positive, one from McLaren
    Tommy Gunna

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    Yep!
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    Really? I hadn't seen that. I would have thought the F1 teams would have had precautions in place for team members weeks ago.
    300kph+ club

Really? I hadn't seen that. I would have thought the F1 teams would have had precautions in place for team members weeks ago.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...or-coronavirus

Ahhh still awaiting results from testing.......
    Tommy Gunna

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    The full story on the one from McLaren is they had spent the last week handling Ferrari schematics.

Quote Originally Posted by AE-DC View Post
    Not really, since those degrees cost sweet FA to produce.

On a semi-related note, University of Tasmania is cutting its number of courses from 514 to 120 as a result of over spending and an over-reliance on China*. Corona virus is going to hurt universities...and I say good riddance. Way too reliant on international students, which resulted in a lowering of standards so the universities could get more students. Males are also not going to university like they used to; when you look at modern campus culture that's very understandable. Universities have created a difficult situation for themselves, and I say let them sort it out themselves.
    I had a masters level international student submit this last week:

And that was after a serious amount of coaching. The sooner higher standards are brought in, the better.

Steve1, that should be a fail for year 8, let alone masters.

But it's not just international students. Even in law, we get applications from students who can barely write. Uni's teach people to seek scores, not solutions. Practical application of uni learning starts on the first day of the job, and it's a steep climb from there and many don't make it.

I have a friend who lectures at a university. The standards are terrible and the plagiarism beyond comprehension, even with the knowledge that you'll probably get caught!
    Master Baiter 300kph+ club
    http://pless.com.au/mechanics.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 98octane View Post

But it's not just international students. Even in law, we get applications from students who can barely write. Uni's teach people to seek scores, not solutions. Practical application of uni learning starts on the first day of the job, and it's a steep climb from there and many don't make it.
    If you think that is bad, you should see written job applications from people applying for minimum wage jobs. I've also seen that standard of literacy from University graduates.
    300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by 98octane View Post

I went back to university because our business is just Dad and I and I was hoping to learn with and from some talented people but it looks like I'm spending $4500 per subject to end up as a product of the Indian or Chinese education system, where rote learning is encouraged but thinking for oneself is a totally foreign concept. The bit above, prior to to the coaching, was something like "Yes, Wrigley is worth!" and nothing more. No idea of how to have an opinion or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aircon View Post
    I have a friend who lectures at a university. The standards are terrible and the plagiarism beyond comprehension, even with the knowledge that you'll probably get caught!
    A direct quote from the group member pasted above and a reply from someone else:

"Are we allowed to plagiarise?"
    "Well, it doesn't say we can't..."

They did - they plagiarised me for our own group assignment. They used the notes I'd taken and shared in their own work, just copied and pasted randomly throughout. It's kind of flattering that they think so highly of my notes but pretty damning about their language skills when you look at how they've done it, because it just dosn't make sense.

This subject was last week and I think I've decided to quit the degree because these will be my cohort if I keep doing things the way I'm supposed to and don't take any more time off. It's not worth the money.

If you think that is bad, you should see written job applications from people applying for minimum wage jobs. I've also seen that standard of literacy from University graduates.
    I'm lucky in that the applications I get are usually at least legible but I shouldn't single out international students because local standards can be pretty poor, too. Most go into the bin (because we don't need anyone) but I should keep some snippets of the best.
    Last edited by Steve1; 11-03-20 at 08:30 PM.

I don't have any friends but my sisters best friends brothers boyfriend know this bloke who lectures at a university. The standards are terrible and the plagiarism beyond comprehension, even with the knowledge that you'll probably get caught!
    Fixed
    AE's Tame Race Driver
    I never noticed how stupid people can be. Just kidding, that's the first thing I notice. Unless they're ugly. You can't miss ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post
    Fixed
    Oh yeah....thanks
    Master Baiter 300kph+ club
    http://pless.com.au/mechanics.htm

Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson test positive for coronavirus on the Gold Coast

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...G-06il4GxiypmU
    Tommy Gunna

Now we know you are lying.....

You don't have any friends.....
    Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by Condor Man View Post
    Now we know you are lying.....

You don't have any friends.....
    Does Phil and Bailey count as friends
    AE's Tame Race Driver
    I never noticed how stupid people can be. Just kidding, that's the first thing I notice. Unless they're ugly. You can't miss ugly.

My girlfriends sister is a lecturer in "humanities and social sciences" HASS. and recently received a submission she could not understand and made no sense similar to the above example.

When digging through the references she noticed all of the references linked to documentation about Hass avocados. I shit you not. Of course she failed the students submission, only for the student to lodge an official complaint that she was being victimized and that the lecturer was racist.

This world just annoys me. People need to harden the fuck up, or put in the work.

At least seeing the sort of crap people try to pass off, makes me feel vindicated when I get HD's for my Uni assessments
    Last edited by looney; 12-03-20 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    My girlfriends sister is a lecturer in "humanities and social sciences" HASS. and recently received a submission she could not understand and made no sense similar to the above example.

When digging through the references she noticed all of the references linked to documentation about Hass avocados. I shit you not. Of course she failed the students submission, only for the student to lodge an official complaint that she was being victimized and that the lecturer was racist.

This world just annoys me. People need to harden the fuck up, or put in the work.

At least seeing the sort of crap people try to pass off, makes me feel vindicated when I get HD's for my Uni assessments
    In any situation where somebody has authority over an immigrant, the standard operating procedure is to accuse the person in authority of racism. There is never any question that the person doing the complaining might be in the wrong. I've heard Cops refer to it as "pulling out the black card" on more than one occasion.
    Some nationalities are worse than others in this respect.
    Last edited by 360c; 12-03-20 at 05:47 AM.
    300kph+ club

Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread Information