Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

We're still holding our own at the moment. How long it lasts is another question. I'm going through all our suppliers and emailing them that we want to know the country of origin for tyres etc that we buy, if its from China then we won't buy, now or ever again. They need to held to account and even though they say they're back in production, thats great, I don't want their products and I reckon I'm not alone.
    AE's Tame Race Driver
    I never noticed how stupid people can be. Just kidding, that's the first thing I notice. Unless they're ugly. You can't miss ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    I'm amazed how much the impact on sport keeps being In the news. AFL, NRL, the Olympics etc.

Surely something like this virus issue should make people realize how out of whack their priorities are?

(This is not a comment about you having mentioned it Arthur, but about sport in general).
    I reckon you'll see the million wage for AFL players will be something of pre Corona, once this is finished there won't be the high priced players, coaches etc. And this will be a good thing, paying a bloke a million a year to kick a hunk of leather around is insanity.
    AE's Tame Race Driver
    I never noticed how stupid people can be. Just kidding, that's the first thing I notice. Unless they're ugly. You can't miss ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post
    We're still holding our own at the moment. How long it lasts is another question. I'm going through all our suppliers and emailing them that we want to know the country of origin for tyres etc that we buy, if its from China then we won't buy, now or ever again. They need to held to account and even though they say they're back in production, thats great, I don't want their products and I reckon I'm not alone.
    Good, I hope this becomes a trend.
    Tommy Gunna

Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    Good, I hope this becomes a trend.
    If and thats a big if we survive this the whole game will change.
    AE's Tame Race Driver

Quote Originally Posted by AE-DC View Post
    The concept of "face"...which is what allowed corona virus to leave China in the first place. China didn't ask for help when they first found out about CV because they would lose face.

I told my friend in China I always hated that aspect of Chinese culture since it implies that I'm too weak to accept help or criticism. This can be seen in China's incessant victim mentality; even now, they're trying to say the virus originated in the US (I think it's because they know there's going to be repercussions).
    Once this is done and dusted if I was Trump I would sign into law that shit needs to be made in the USA. We are too dependent on China to manufacture cheap shit.

If and thats a big if we survive this the whole game will change.
    unions need to realise that they have to back off to get this country back to health again
    Tooth hurty

Quote Originally Posted by amgsl55 View Post
    unions need to realise that they have to back off to get this country back to health again
    Wishful thinking
    300kph+ club

We'll be back doing the same thing in 12 months time. Australian's in general aren't that clever.
    Idiot Seeking Village

I was tested a little while ago, they really do just jam a brush up your nose into what felt like your brain! Negative result but what will cause some issues is when people get tested, return a negative - still carry on with common cold symptoms but then do actually get Covid at a later date without realising still thinking it is their cold...

Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    Yes I would hope that that part of the culture wont continue with the second generation in Australia, they will become Aussies like the Greeks and Italians did.
    I think that the 2nd gen in Aus is much better.

The ones on China are a breed of their own.
    Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Wishful thinking
    Very!
    Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club

Numbers from Italy look promising, announced this morning on Twitter
    In terms of raw number day-over net increase in active cases, Italy saw a decrease in new cases compared to past 3 days
    3/16 +2460
    3/17 +2989
    3/18 +2658
    3/19 +4480
    3/20 +4670
    3/21 +4821
    3/22 +3957

Recoveries, which experienced healthy growth yesterday, kept pace today
    3/17 +192 recoveries
    3/18 +1084
    3/19 +415
    3/20 +689
    3/21 +943
    3/22 +952
    AE's Tame Race Driver

Numbers from Italy look promising, announced this morning on Twitter
    In terms of raw number day-over net increase in active cases, Italy saw a decrease in new cases compared to past 3 days
    3/16 +2460
    3/17 +2989
    3/18 +2658
    3/19 +4480
    3/20 +4670
    3/21 +4821
    3/22 +3957

Recoveries, which experienced healthy growth yesterday, kept pace today
    3/17 +192 recoveries
    3/18 +1084
    3/19 +415
    3/20 +689
    3/21 +943
    3/22 +952
    That's great news. I wonder what the testing numbers are at the moment?
    Like I keep saying watch USA numbers skyrocket over the coming weeks.

Just updated
    Coronavirus Cases:
    view by country
    Deaths:
    Recovered:
    ACTIVE CASES
    Currently Infected Patients
    214,481 (95%)
    in Mild Condition

10,553 (5%)
    Serious or Critical

Show Graph
    Jan 22
    Feb 21
    Mar 22
    Jan 28
    Feb 03
    Feb 09
    Feb 15
    Feb 27
    Mar 04
    Mar 10
    Mar 16
    Show Statistics
    CLOSED CASES
    Cases which had an outcome:
    99,003 (87%)
    Recovered / Discharged

14,687 (13%)
    Deaths

Show Graph
    AE's Tame Race Driver

300kph+ club

What's really different this time is that, previously, if an industry was disrupted and people lost their jobs they could retrain into another industry or open a different business. This time, no one can do that because ALL industries are affected at once. There aren't any jobs to move to and you cant open another business.

Quote Originally Posted by Condor Man View Post
    I think that someone wrote this to try and scare people in to staying home.

Not sure if it is real.

Can you verify?
    Reads like a chain letter

I agree, luckily the banks will come to the party as well
    Give them a call and see.

They will let you defer payment (if you're lucky) but you still have to pay the money. So tenants get a free ride, but landlords cop the interest compounding and still need to pay it back. Very 1 sided IMO. Also don't forget, if you have fixed interest rates it's even worse, because most banks offload these loans to third party equity firms who do not flex on the terms.

So as the government said "landlords will have to shoulder some of the burden".

Fuck that. 2 of my properties just went live, I'm hoping this is a hail Mary to get me out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    Give them a call and see.

They will let you defer payment (if you're lucky) but you still have to pay the money. So tenants get a free ride, but landlords cop the interest compounding and still need to pay it back. Very 1 sided IMO. Also don't forget, if you have fixed interest rates it's even worse, because most banks offload these loans to third party equity firms who do not flex on the terms.

So as the government said "landlords will have to shoulder some of the burden".

Fuck that. 2 of my properties just went live, I'm hoping this is a hail Mary to get me out of them.
    looney, sometimes a little short term pain can create greater long term gain. Offering tenants in genuine need of assistance for a few months for a situation beyond their control can secure occupancy for the next 4-5 years, or boot them out and wait 6-12 months for a new tenant while we are battling with the virus and the economy. The overall interest burden from a 3 or 6 month repayment holiday is negligible.

All my loans are variable, I usually have them paid within 5-6 years.

Fortunately for me, in this particular situation, if the tenant doesn't survive i can easily make use of the premises myself.
    Tooth hurty

looney, sometimes a little short term pain can create greater long term gain. Offering tenants in genuine need of assistance for a few months for a situation beyond their control can secure occupancy for the next 4-5 years, or boot them out and wait 6-12 months for a new tenant while we are battling with the virus and the economy. The overall interest burden from a 3 or 6 month repayment holiday is negligible.

All my loans are variable, I usually have them paid within 5-6 years.

Fortunately for me, in this particular situation, if the tenant doesn't survive i can easily make use of the premises myself.
    Mate I get it, and I'll try and help anyone I can as best I can. But I'm getting sick of the view in this country that the landlord is the wealthy bad guy who needs to wear the squeeze from both the tenant and the banks.

I'm pretty sure at the end of this the banks will not wear as much of the loss as the landlords. And I'm pretty sure the banks could shoulder the loss better than the majority of mom n pop investors who are landlords.
    Last edited by looney; 23-03-20 at 07:10 AM.

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread Information