Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1054

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #501
    Senior Member 98octane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor Man View Post
    San Francisco has a similar order. https://www.sfdph.org/dph/alerts/fil...r-in-Place.pdf

    Again, quite specific and much more detail than Andrew's announcement.

  2. #502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    543
    Brother sent me a message earlier talking about two different trials in Japan and South Korea that had a 100% success rate when Covid-19 patients were given chloroquine and soframycin as treatment. The treatment worked across all age groups and the error rate is less than 0.01% (1 in 10,000)

  3. #503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    11,691
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    You and me both !!!

    unfortunately till May....oh well
    Tooth hurty

  4. #504
    Senior Member looney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,451
    Quote Originally Posted by amgsl55 View Post
    AFL suspended for the year
    I'm amazed how much the impact on sport keeps being In the news. AFL, NRL, the Olympics etc.

    Surely something like this virus issue should make people realize how out of whack their priorities are?

    (This is not a comment about you having mentioned it Arthur, but about sport in general).

  5. #505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    16,901
    Was telling someone to watch the ABC news to get a fix on how serious this is and the friggin football was featured before they really got into the virus
    Tommy Gunna

  6. #506
    Senior Member calais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Steven Marshall's just announced the SA borders are closed effective 4pm on Tuesday. Anyone coming in must self-isolate for 14 days.

    Essential services such as freight trucks are exempt.
    Did we get mhh over the border in time?

  7. #507
    Senior Member E7ITE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    I'm amazed how much the impact on sport keeps being In the news. AFL, NRL, the Olympics etc.

    Surely something like this virus issue should make people realize how out of whack their priorities are?

    (This is not a comment about you having mentioned it Arthur, but about sport in general).
    The Olympics is an interesting case. The Japanese would probably deem the cancellation or postponement of the games whilst it's their turn as a loss of national honour and pride, rather than look at it logically.

  8. #508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,961
    Quote Originally Posted by calais View Post
    Did we get mhh over the border in time?
    Yes, made it.


    41107DE5-E7AF-44E2-ACF2-05AFFB53A042.jpg
    Chief Test Pilot

  9. #509
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,961
    Chief Test Pilot

  10. #510
    Senior Member Condor Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    Nice Work!

    Will be interesting to see if you can actually go for drives during a lock down.

    We are allowed to go hiking which is big in LA and there are many hiking trails at Angeles Forest Highway, so I was thinking of going for a fang with my sneakers on the front seat in case I get pulled over.
    Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club

  11. #511
    Senior Member Condor Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    I think that someone wrote this to try and scare people in to staying home.

    Not sure if it is real.

    Can you verify?
    Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club

  12. #512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    16,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor Man View Post
    I think that someone wrote this to try and scare people in to staying home.

    Not sure if it is real.

    Can you verify?
    Iíve seen it before I think itís doing the rounds.
    In other news Morrison has declared that children having a few months off school will effect the rest of their lives and retailing has been shut down but shopping centres can stay open.
    Itís worrying to know weíre in the hands of idiots.
    Tommy Gunna

  13. #513
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    11,691
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    I’ve seen it before I think it’s doing the rounds.
    In other news Morrison has declared that children having a few months off school will effect the rest of their lives and retailing has been shut down but shopping centres can stay open.
    It’s worrying to know we’re in the hands of idiots.

    to be fair dodger, these are really unprecedented times. It's hard to know what is the absolute right thing to do to protect health and the economy.

    As a business owner I am mulling over what to do, reduce hours, put off some staff, ....very daunting. Not to mention one of my tenants is a fitness group who is now no longer allowed to operate in a bricks and mortar location and I now have to give him a rent holiday or vacate him and find an alternate tenant ( but I feel there will be a law to come to protect tenants)
    Last edited by amgsl55; 22-03-20 at 10:55 PM.
    Tooth hurty

  14. #514
    Senior Member j15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,373
    I would have thought that it's in the interest of Landlords that their tenants survive the economic disruption so that they are still there once you come out the other side. This probably means rent holidays or abatement. Dealing with a default, eviction, and then finding a new tenant in a tanking market would be much harder.

  15. #515
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by E7ITE View Post
    The Olympics is an interesting case. The Japanese would probably deem the cancellation or postponement of the games whilst it's their turn as a loss of national honour and pride, rather than look at it logically.
    The concept of "face"...which is what allowed corona virus to leave China in the first place. China didn't ask for help when they first found out about CV because they would lose face.

    I told my friend in China I always hated that aspect of Chinese culture since it implies that I'm too weak to accept help or criticism. This can be seen in China's incessant victim mentality; even now, they're trying to say the virus originated in the US (I think it's because they know there's going to be repercussions).

  16. #516
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    11,691
    Quote Originally Posted by j15 View Post
    I would have thought that it's in the interest of Landlords that their tenants survive the economic disruption so that they are still there once you come out the other side. This probably means rent holidays or abatement. Dealing with a default, eviction, and then finding a new tenant in a tanking market would be much harder.
    I agree, luckily the banks will come to the party as well
    Tooth hurty

  17. #517
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    11,691
    Quote Originally Posted by AE-DC View Post
    The concept of "face"...which is what allowed corona virus to leave China in the first place. China didn't ask for help when they first found out about CV because they would lose face.

    I told my friend in China I always hated that aspect of Chinese culture since it implies that I'm too weak to accept help or criticism. This can be seen in China's incessant victim mentality; even now, they're trying to say the virus originated in the US (I think it's because they know there's going to be repercussions).
    the concept of face exists with all asian cultures
    Tooth hurty

  18. #518
    Senior Member Condor Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    6,856
    Quote Originally Posted by AE-DC View Post
    The concept of "face"...which is what allowed corona virus to leave China in the first place. China didn't ask for help when they first found out about CV because they would lose face.

    I told my friend in China I always hated that aspect of Chinese culture since it implies that I'm too weak to accept help or criticism. This can be seen in China's incessant victim mentality; even now, they're trying to say the virus originated in the US (I think it's because they know there's going to be repercussions).
    What about the concept of being dirty liars?

    You should be hating that more.

    After doing business there for 4 years I can't believe how down right dirty and spineless they are.

    I would go into board meetings with a team of 20 people, layout a full set of guidelines and instructions to which they would all agree and sign off on.

    Then I would walk out the door and the head would say to everyone, now whatever was just agreed on we are not going to do. But don't let him find out.

    DIRTY!
    Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club

  19. #519
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    16,901
    Quote Originally Posted by amgsl55 View Post
    to be fair dodger, these are really unprecedented times. It's hard to know what is the absolute right thing to do to protect health and the economy.

    As a business owner I am mulling over what to do, reduce hours, put off some staff, ....very daunting. Not to mention one of my tenants is a fitness group who is now no longer not allowed to operate in a bricks and mortar location and I now have to give him a rent holiday or vacate him and find an alternate tenant ( but I feel there will be a law to come to protect tenants)
    What you do with your tenant depends on the debt on the property and your ability to service it without the rent.
    Is business down ?
    As far as I can see everyone from restaurants, even coffee shops are pretty well stuffed.
    There aren't many businesses that can operate with the rules relating to occupancy and required distance between people.
    Morrisons advice is contradictory, he spoke last night and for the first 10 minutes it made no sense more like a sermon.
    Schools should be closed. someone suggested the ABC do online classes over TV for kids on a free to air channel, I think that's a great idea and could be a permanent addition to their service.
    Tommy Gunna

  20. #520
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    16,901
    Quote Originally Posted by AE-DC View Post
    The concept of "face"...which is what allowed corona virus to leave China in the first place. China didn't ask for help when they first found out about CV because they would lose face.

    I told my friend in China I always hated that aspect of Chinese culture since it implies that I'm too weak to accept help or criticism. This can be seen in China's incessant victim mentality; even now, they're trying to say the virus originated in the US (I think it's because they know there's going to be repercussions).
    Yes I would hope that that part of the culture wont continue with the second generation in Australia, they will become Aussies like the Greeks and Italians did.
    Tommy Gunna

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 28 users browsing this thread. (10 members and 18 guests)

  1. dkly007,
  2. goober,
  3. Lambchop,
  4. McBane,
  5. Peter901,
  6. S4Simon,
  7. tentacles,
  8. umberto,
  9. Undefined,
  10. v8fans

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •