Thread: Porsche (992) 911 Turbo / Turbo S

Porsche (992) 911 Turbo / Turbo S

Full unveil to come at Geneva in a couple of weeks.

Expected power figures are 570hp for the Turbo and "at least 620hp" for the Turbo S. The 991.2's do 0-100 in well under 3 seconds already.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...-cover-122912/
    https://www.motor1.com/news/399362/p...turbo-s-leaks/

https://www.motor1.com/news/398440/p...urbo-s-geneva/

Same same but different
    Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club

I'm not a fan of the new bonnet line where it meets the bumper. It just doesn't seem to flow.

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    I'm not a fan of the new bonnet line where it meets the bumper. It just doesn't seem to flow.
    looks like it's meant to be on a different car; lots of straight lines compared to curves on the rest of the body

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    I agree if they are trying to replicate the long bonnet like early 911s which I believe was their intention it doesnít look right with the lines of the bumper bar.
    I donít think much of the head lights on the 992 either the 991 lights have a better shape I think.

What colour is that?

Black calipers too I note.

I’m happy with the styling of the nose but it makes it tricky to mount a small plate without the ugly plinth.
    Last edited by mhh; 20-02-20 at 09:20 PM.
    Chief Test Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    What colour is that?

Black calipers too I note.

I’m happy with the styling of the nose but it makes it tricky to mount a small plate without the ugly plinth.
    Seems to be lighter than Guards Red, perhaps a new colour?

Also looks like the same wheels as used on the 991 Turbo S Exclusive Series

Details leaked from a French website (translated)

The Porsche 911 type 992 finally has its top of the range, the 911 Turbo S. To propel this myth on wheels, the German engineers offer us a new 3.8 liter boxer engine with two VTG turbochargers.

This “big” cube developed 650 horsepower for 800 Newton meters of torque. Either casually, 70 horsepower and 50 Nm more than the 991 Turbo S . Necessarily with this cavalry, the performances become delusional. For example, zero at 100 km / h requires only 2.7 seconds (0.2 seconds faster), while top speed remains unchanged at 330 km / h.

Let's not stop there, because the jump in performance of this new generation is particularly visible in the sprint from zero to 200 km / h which requires 8.9 seconds. This new 911 Turbo S is therefore a second faster than its predecessor.

Thanks to improved Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive , the transfer case can distribute much more torque, with up to 500 Nm transferred to the front wheels. The new generation of the standard PASM chassis is also even more sporty.Porsche 911 Turbo S: a new dimension

The dimensions of the 911 Turbo S have been significantly increased. The beautiful bodywork is now 45 mm wider on the front axle (1.84 meters), while the rear axle increases to 1.90 m (an increase of 20 mm).

The aerodynamics developed and the new mixed tires contribute to its agility and sportiness: the track is now 42 mm wider on the front axle and 10 mm wider on the rear axle. Adaptive aerodynamics now includes front-controlled cooling air flaps, while the larger rear spoiler has been designed for even more support. For the first time, the 911 Turbo Stransfers its power to the road with mixed tires in two different sizes: it has 20 inch tires with their unique dimensions 255/35 at the front and 21 inch tires 315/30 at the rear.

New equipment options highlight the much sportier image of the 911 all-wheel drive. These include the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) sport chassis which has been lowered by 10 mm and the sport exhaust system with flaps adjustable which guarantees a distinctive sound.

Faster and more precisely controlled shock absorbers offer significant benefits to driving dynamics in terms of roll stability, handling, steering behavior and cornering speed.Porsche 911 Turbo S: always showy!

The new front panel with wider air intakes has a characteristic Turbo look with two front lighting modules as well as standard LED matrix headlights with dark inserts.

The redesigned and pneumatically extendable front wing and the wider rear wing offer 15% more downforce. The muscular rear wing sections with integrated air intakes underline the elegant body of the 911 Turbo S. The new rear look is completed by rectangular exhaust pipes in shiny black, typical of the Turbo.Porsche 911 Turbo S: a cockpit!

The interior has a high quality sporty finish. The list of standard amenities includes a full leather interior and carbon trim in combination with light silver accents. A new designed two-tone interior will be available as an option from Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur.

This is characterized by a coordinated interaction of colors, materials and individual improvements. The 18-way adjustable sports seats have stitching that pays homage to the first 911 Turbo (type 930). High-quality graphics and logos in the instrument cluster complement the characteristic functions of the Turbo S. The central screen of the PCM now measures 10.9 inches and can be used quickly and without distraction thanks to its new layout. Other features on board ex works are the GT sports steering wheel, the Sport Chrono package with the new Porsche Track Precision app and the BOSE surround sound system.Porsche 911 Turbo S: the price of excellence!

The Porsche 911 Turbo S Coupe will be available in Germany at the price of 216,396 €. The 911 Turbo S Cabriolet will cost € 229,962.

Official

Last edited by Alpine; 03-03-20 at 11:07 AM.

Do Porsche 911 Turbos buyers really care about all that Greta shit the CEO was going on about ???

Quote Originally Posted by TomE View Post
    Do Porsche 911 Turbos buyers really care about all that Greta shit the CEO was going on about ???
    He’s talking to more than 911 Turbo buyers. He’s also talking to shareholders who are very interested in the future viability of their investment.
    Chief Test Pilot

Looks awesome!

650HP

Lightweight package coming for Turbo S
    https://www.motor1.com/news/405928/p...sFDapnPRSIBk4o

Quote Originally Posted by JBO View Post
    Lightweight package coming for Turbo S
    https://www.motor1.com/news/405928/p...sFDapnPRSIBk4o
    That is a bit of a confused product to me.

Turbos should have 4 seats and they are designed to much miles.

Not sure why they have come up with this.

Thread Information