Thread: Shitbox Rally

Shitbox Rally

So a mate and I have been accepted in to do the Shitbox Rally in May next year. Has anyone done something like this before? Like the Variety Bash?

We've got to take a car worth less than $1000 from Alice Springs to the Gold Coast via the Gulf of Carpentaria in 6 days, 3600 kms with at least half on unsealed road. Speeds are going to be a bit different to those done last time I went to the Territory! My co-driver took our chosen chariot out to get it's first fill up since purchase the other day. She's a zippy little thing, and is in half decent nick for a 25 year golf, roof mechanism is still working! Going to be get a wee bit dusty I'm expecting.

78621698_1386302741530703_4747166191934504960_n.jpg

We're raising funds for the Cancer Council, so if any did feel like throwing some dollars our way, anything would be appreciated. We're targeting raising $8k ourselves and the event (250 teams) is aiming for $2m. If anyone is interesting in getting a business name out there we're also selling panels for sponsorship as well.

https://autumn2020.shitboxrally.com.au/katie-who

Cam
    Last edited by jim501; 11-12-19 at 05:40 AM.

Never done one but reckon it'll be great fun! Good luck!
    2017 BMW M2 | 2005 Subaru STI track car

www.janglovac.com
    www.wheelfront.com

Yeah, going to be fun. Hopefully the car makes it. We've always talked about some big road trips so doing it for charity made it an easy sell to the wives. This is the route, going to see some interesting countryside.

SBR 2020 Autumn Route Overview_highres.jpg
    Idiot Seeking Village

It's on my list of things to do when I get around to it. It always looks like a load of fun. Some friends did the Mongol Rally a few years back, and some other friends are regulars of the various Variety Club events. All things I'd love to do if I had the time to do them, and - probably more importantly at the moment - the friends to do them with. None of my mates are keen to do very much :/

I would bring ski goggles and a few masks , if the roof has issues you might have a real dust issue in the cabin that goggles might help with.

also lots of duck tape to cover gaps for the dust coming in.
    300kph+ club

That sounds like a lot of fun Cam, I’d be more than happy to help out with your sponsorship ��
    300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis View Post
    That sounds like a lot of fun Cam, I’d be more than happy to help out with your sponsorship ��
    Cheers mate. Long overdue a catch up so will drop you a message.

Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
    Cheers mate. Long overdue a catch up so will drop you a message.
    300kph+ club

Thread Information