Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Taycan Production Version

300kph+ club

That’s the EV dilema. A car that inspires admiration but not love.
    Chief Test Pilot

As a conveyance I think they're cool. But for a spirited drive you'd not pick a full electric. Yet...perhaps never?

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    But if it were a choice between this or some other people moving POS like a Panamera, Cayenne, etc surely it would be better to drive?

Agree 100%.
    I love my Tesla's; but not like I love my 675LT. The EV's are like disposable white goods. A great tool for a particular job; but nothing to lust after. I don't see the point in EV's in a sports car role.
    300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by 360c View Post
    Agree 100%.
    I love my Tesla's; but not like I love my 675LT. The EV's are like disposable white goods. A great tool for a particular job; but nothing to lust after. I don't see the point in EV's in a sports car role.
    Just an "app on wheels" with one having a bigger "micro-processor" - (electric motor) than the next. No differentiation in that?
    300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Just an "app on wheels" with one having a bigger "micro-processor" - (electric motor) than the next. No differentiation in that?
    They all have the same one dimensional driving experience. Nothing emotive about it.
    300kph+ club

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    But if it were a choice between this or some other people moving POS like a Panamera, Cayenne, etc surely it would be better to drive?
    My favourite non-sportscar Porsche is a Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo S e-hybrid. The range of the Taycan isn’t enough for my regular country trips and I love the ST body more than the booted Taycan.
    Chief Test Pilot

My favourite non-sportscar Porsche is a Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo S e-hybrid. The range of the Taycan isnít enough for my regular country trips and I love the ST body more than the booted Taycan.
    Needs a longer name.
    Hung like Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Needs a longer name.

AUSTRALIAN PRICING
    4S $191,000
    TURBO $269,100
    TURBO S $339,100

https://www.caradvice.com.au/854592/...ice-australia/

The Porsche Taycan– the German brand's first pure electric car – will undercut the iconic 911 Carrera by almost $40,000, accordng to official Australian pricing announced tonight.
    The much-anticipated Porsche Taycan will be offered in Australia from $191,000 plus on-road costs for the entry-level 4S, with the electric vehicle completing the 0-100 dash in a claimed 4 seconds flat – 0.2 seconds faster than the equivalent 911.
    The Taycan 4S is powered by a 79.2kWh Performance Battery producing an output of 320kW/640Nm, and offering up-to 390kW on overboost. It provides a claimed 365 kilometres of range and is capable of a top speed of 250km/h.
    The 93.4kWh Performance Plus battery can also be optioned on the 4S (pricing for this model is yet to be announced), offering an additional 40kW and 10Nm in normal driving conditions, but stretching to a maximum of 420kW on overboost. Claimed driving range is 414km.

MORE: Porsche Taycan 4S review
    The middle-of-the-range Porsche Taycan Turbo has a big step up in power and price, with $269,100 plus on-road costs buying a claimed 0-100 time of just 3.2 seconds from 460kW, and up-to 500kW on overboost. The 93.4kWh Performance Plus battery has a claimed 850Nm, and a model-best range of 420km.
    But the crowning glory belongs to the flagship Porsche Taycan Turbo S, boasting the best claimed 0-100 time of 2.8 seconds – just 0.3 seconds off a Bugatti Chiron. Those seeking bragging rights will need to pay $339,100 plus on-road costs.
    While the power output and top speed are the same between the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S models (460kW / 260km/h), the Turbo S gets an additional 200Nm of torque (exactly the same total torque produced by a Mercedes-Benz A180) for a maximum of 1050Nm. Range is reduced to 405km.

All three variants of the Taycan receive their own individual set of brakes, starting at 360mm cast iron rotors mated to 6-piston calipers for the 4S. Both the Turbo and Turbo S receive 10-piston calipers, though the Turbo receives 415mm coated brake discs, whereas the Turbo S will be fitted with 420mm ceramic rotors.
    The Porsche Taycan is the first electric vehicle to utilise an 800 volt system, with every other electric vehicle having a 400 volt system. Not only does this allow the driver greater access to the performance available from the battery, but Porsche claims this will also help to improve recharging times.
    All Australian-delivered Taycans come with a Mode 3 charging cable for use at AC public charging stations, while a 150kW on-board DC charger is standard for 400 volt charging stations. Porsche will put owners in touch with home charging station experts.

Buyers of the Taycan will receive a complimentary three year subscription with Chargefox, giving them access to 22 charging stations across the country. It's understood that this is in addition to Porsche's own Designated Charging network.
    MORE: TAYCAN DRIVEN
    MORE: Taycan news and reviews
    MORE: Everything Porsche
    MORE: All electric vehicle coverage

My mate is going to spec his tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    My mate is going to spec his tomorrow.
    What made him choose the Porsche over the equivalent Tesla?
    300kph+ club

That's more aggressive pricing than I expected. No doubt the options list is huge.
    Chief Test Pilot

That's more aggressive pricing than I expected. No doubt the options list is huge.
    I just played with the configurator easy to get $50k of options.

Quote Originally Posted by 360c View Post
    What made him choose the Porsche over the equivalent Tesla?
    Has a Carrera now and loves the look over a model S. He gets that the Tesla has a heap more for same price but he is a Porsche man.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Has a Carrera now and loves the look over a model S. He gets that the Tesla has a heap more for same price but he is a Porsche man.
    Fair enough.
    For me buying an EV is much like buying white goods, all I care about is overall functionality and there is pretty much no emotive reasoning behind it. I'm sure the Porsche is a better drive dynamically; but overall the Tesla is the superior package. If I bought any other brand I would really miss the tesla autopilot more than anything else. Closely followed by the Supercharger network since Tesla installed 6 of them a few minutes from home
    300kph+ club

I lightly specced a 4S and it was 220k on the road. There are some nice new colours in the range. Cherry red, Neptune blue and a few others.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information