Thread: COBRA RACE CAR USA to AUSTRALIA

Just a quick and HUGE thanks to Deborah at AustOrient for arranging a turn-key headache free importation of my race car into Australia.

It's a nerve racking experience but with Deb's expertise and constant reassurance my 750Hp 1000kg race car has made it to my garage without incident or drama.

Keep an eye out at a race track near you chasing down Porsche GT cup cars...

It will even be sporting some "AustOrient" signage as a token of how stoked i was with the process!

Matt

Attachment 39109

Attachment 39110

AWESOME. Give us a yell when you are Sydney way in the car...

yeah.....thats a heap of fun right there

what the bloke up above me said.........Yell at him when you are in Sydney, but let me know so I can come and chase you round the track!

Quote Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
    my 750Hp 1000kg race car
    Surely that can't be good for you.

Tell us more...

Hi and thanks for your interest. Car is running a 351W built to a high Spec. High compression. Without going into great detail it is big HP. Runs a 4 speed box. Has all the usual .87 chromolly tube cage, on board fire bomb, twin MSD, engine, tranny and diff coolers etc etc... I'm a cobra enthusiast and have raced for a while now and wanted something a little more STOUT so I sourced the car from the states. It is the ultimate track day weapon!
    Here's a few pics of my street car which is for sale... I prefer to race than polish things these days... Thus the reason for it being for sale. If anyone out there is looking for a beautiful cobra give me a call on 0413 831 732. Its the only cobra in Australia with teh combination of live pipes, removable tilt front and 8 throttle bodies!!!
    Thanks for your interest.
    Regarding Sydney, look like my 1st run to Sydney this year won't be until the Cobra Nationals at Wakefield Park in early October but if things change will let you know. All Porsche chase cars welcome!
    Matt

Attachment 39240

Attachment 39241

Attachment 39242

I did a wheel alignment on a cobra rep this week, for another repairer nearby.

The steering rack was so badly positioned it had quite possibly the worst bump steer geometry I've ever seen.. the rack was at least an inch (more like 2) too high in the chassis, giving incredible amounts of toe out on bump.... quite dangerous and certainly ill handling...

AND it had a supercharged 427 in it :scared:

There was some kind of Cobra club event on this weekend I think.

Wo! That's bad... :thumbsdown:

I think I spotted that Cobra for sale in Surfers Paradise when I was there probably about 2 years ago, I'll look up the photo's when I get home

That's where I live so more than likely it was it!

There you go I remember I was impressed when I saw it (just checked, it was back in 2007)

Attachment 39244

Attachment 39246

Attachment 39248

Nearly ready to for its 1st Shakedown!

Attachment 40623

Thread Information