Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: McLaren Senna (P15)

Quote Originally Posted by JBO View Post

Also...I heard a rumour that in the Adelaide Rally the Ferrari tour group was being held to 80kph by the lead car....any truth to that?
    Sadly, yes. I quit at lunchtime on the second day. I should have pulled the pin earlier. We spent 4 hours in the car for 2 laps of Mallala.

No performance data for the Senna?

A few hours on, it?s growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    Sadly, yes. I quit at lunchtime on the second day. I should have pulled the pin earlier. We spent 4 hours in the car for 2 laps of Mallala.

High bar for the 488GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Aircon View Post
    High bar for the 488GTO
    Don?t think they will be in the same bracket

Quote Originally Posted by MRdino View Post
    Don?t think they will be in the same bracket
    I'm guessing the 488 GTO will be half the price of this thing or even one third.

I'm guessing the 488 GTO will be half the price of this thing or even one third.
    $2m AUD I was told - List is 750GBP so makes sense

Sorry to hear that Mark. Dumb idea to piss off those people with the money to get involved every year and give the event some critical mass and the necessary supercar eye candy for the punters.

I watched Willunga Hill on Saturday morning and the Ferraris were well spaced and seemed to be putting the boot in. Very different to what you experienced unfortunately...

Riley said the Audi group was fantastic and 130kph was regularly seen on the special stages, and almost 200 at Mallala at one point.

I'm thinking of doing the tour in my little shitbox next year just to get a taste for it. 130 would be plenty fast enough in my car but but I'm not interested in paying money to sit on 80!

Quote Originally Posted by JBO View Post
    Sorry to hear that Mark. Dumb idea to piss off those people with the money to get involved every year and give the event some critical mass and the necessary supercar eye candy for the punters.

I watched Willunga Hill on Saturday morning and the Ferraris were well spaced and seemed to be putting the boot in. Very different to what you experienced unfortunately...

Riley said the Audi group was fantastic and 130kph was regularly seen on the special stages, and almost 200 at Mallala at one point.

I'm thinking of doing the tour in my little shitbox next year just to get a taste for it. 130 would be plenty fast enough in my car but but I'm not interested in paying money to sit on 80!
    It was my own fault. The Audi leader (Steve Pizzati) was setting a cracking pace but our guy said he wasn't allowed over 80. I would have been better off in the wifey's TTS. The only way the Ferrari guys got to go fast was to slow down first - hardly what comes naturally in this setting. I should have got the Rally Safe in got into the 130km/h group but it was so much faffing about. Anyway, the individual stages were so short and so reduced in number that the event was a shadow of what it was 10 or so years ago. After we peeled off at the top of Corkscrew, we had a blinder of a run over to Uraidla on public roads for lunch. My co-driver said it was the best part of the event.

It was my own fault. The Audi leader (Steve Pizzati) was setting a cracking pace but our guy said he wasn't allowed over 80. I would have been better off in the wifey's TTS. The only way the Ferrari guys got to go fast was to slow down first - hardly what comes naturally in this setting. I should have got the Rally Safe in got into the 130km/h group but it was so much faffing about. Anyway, the individual stages were so short and so reduced in number that the event was a shadow of what it was 10 or so years ago. After we peeled off at the top of Corkscrew, we had a blinder of a run over to Uraidla on public roads for lunch. My co-driver said it was the best part of the event.
    I reckon the drives I've been on with you in the 12c, GT3 and GT3 RS were probably better than any rally!

No performance data for the Senna?

A few hours on, it?s growing on me.
    It's no P1 in the looks department, but will probably outperform it on track.

It will be cool no doubt and I'm glad there will be some in Oz. Glass in the lower doors is interesting too.

There's a lot of stuff going on in the design, and with the wing so far forward it does look weird.

Can't wait to find out more.

Omg I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

McLaren don't seem overly concerned about aesthetics it seems. Ever since the MP4-12C it seems to have been downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    $2m AUD I was told - List is 750GBP so makes sense
    Apparently only 2 coming to Australia. That Mad Barry bloke has got one according to his Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by nuxi View Post
    Apparently only 2 coming to Australia. That Mad Barry bloke has got one according to his Instagram.
    Zagame told me they were getting 5. Trivett?s said they are getting approx the same number. When you think of all the 657LT LT Spiders that came (out of 500 made), two cars would be an insulting allocation.

one of the dealers or sales guys put on instagram yesterday there were 5 coming for sydney... i cant find the post any more

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post

McLaren don't seem overly concerned about aesthetics it seems. Ever since the MP4-12C it seems to have been downhill.

I disagree.
    I think McLaren made a mistake with the design of the MP4-12C and then got it right from then until now.
    The P15 design is very clearly driven by aerodynamic concerns above literally all else. It's no looker; but I'm betting the performance will raise the bar to a whole new and previously unheard of level in a "road" car.

Zagame told me they were getting 5. Trivett?s said they are getting approx the same number. When you think of all the 657LT LT Spiders that came (out of 500 made), two cars would be an insulting allocation.
    Zagame told me that they were allocated 2 definitely and were hoping to get another 2 or 3 cars on top; but it wasn't set in stone.

I can't see Sydney getting 5 cars as a definite allocation.

Australia is getting a higher allocation because we didn't get any P1s or MSO LTs apparently. Over 10 including QLD is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ACP View Post
    Australia is getting a higher allocation because we didn't get any P1s or MSO LTs apparently. Over 10 including QLD is my guess.
    What the hell is an MSO LT?

No way in hell Oz would get 10 X P15's IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 360c View Post
    What the hell is an MSO LT?

No way in hell Oz would get 10 X P15's IMHO.
    Why not? We got more than 10 LT Spiders.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information