Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 332

Thread: McLaren Senna (P15)

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,952
    Quote Originally Posted by JBO View Post

    Also...I heard a rumour that in the Adelaide Rally the Ferrari tour group was being held to 80kph by the lead car....any truth to that?
    Sadly, yes. I quit at lunchtime on the second day. I should have pulled the pin earlier. We spent 4 hours in the car for 2 laps of Mallala.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,952
    No performance data for the Senna?

    A few hours on, it?s growing on me.

  3. #23
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    Sadly, yes. I quit at lunchtime on the second day. I should have pulled the pin earlier. We spent 4 hours in the car for 2 laps of Mallala.


  4. #24
    The Best in the World. Aircon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    19,847
    High bar for the 488GTO

  5. #25
    Senior Member MRdino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircon View Post
    High bar for the 488GTO
    Don?t think they will be in the same bracket

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,952
    Quote Originally Posted by MRdino View Post
    Don?t think they will be in the same bracket
    I'm guessing the 488 GTO will be half the price of this thing or even one third.

  7. #27
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    I'm guessing the 488 GTO will be half the price of this thing or even one third.
    $2m AUD I was told - List is 750GBP so makes sense

  8. #28
    Senior Member JBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    8,120
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    Sadly, yes. I quit at lunchtime on the second day. I should have pulled the pin earlier. We spent 4 hours in the car for 2 laps of Mallala.
    Sorry to hear that Mark. Dumb idea to piss off those people with the money to get involved every year and give the event some critical mass and the necessary supercar eye candy for the punters.

    I watched Willunga Hill on Saturday morning and the Ferraris were well spaced and seemed to be putting the boot in. Very different to what you experienced unfortunately...

    Riley said the Audi group was fantastic and 130kph was regularly seen on the special stages, and almost 200 at Mallala at one point.

    I'm thinking of doing the tour in my little shitbox next year just to get a taste for it. 130 would be plenty fast enough in my car but but I'm not interested in paying money to sit on 80!





  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,952
    Quote Originally Posted by JBO View Post
    Sorry to hear that Mark. Dumb idea to piss off those people with the money to get involved every year and give the event some critical mass and the necessary supercar eye candy for the punters.

    I watched Willunga Hill on Saturday morning and the Ferraris were well spaced and seemed to be putting the boot in. Very different to what you experienced unfortunately...

    Riley said the Audi group was fantastic and 130kph was regularly seen on the special stages, and almost 200 at Mallala at one point.

    I'm thinking of doing the tour in my little shitbox next year just to get a taste for it. 130 would be plenty fast enough in my car but but I'm not interested in paying money to sit on 80!
    It was my own fault. The Audi leader (Steve Pizzati) was setting a cracking pace but our guy said he wasn't allowed over 80. I would have been better off in the wifey's TTS. The only way the Ferrari guys got to go fast was to slow down first - hardly what comes naturally in this setting. I should have got the Rally Safe in got into the 130km/h group but it was so much faffing about. Anyway, the individual stages were so short and so reduced in number that the event was a shadow of what it was 10 or so years ago. After we peeled off at the top of Corkscrew, we had a blinder of a run over to Uraidla on public roads for lunch. My co-driver said it was the best part of the event.

  10. #30
    Senior Member JBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    8,120
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    It was my own fault. The Audi leader (Steve Pizzati) was setting a cracking pace but our guy said he wasn't allowed over 80. I would have been better off in the wifey's TTS. The only way the Ferrari guys got to go fast was to slow down first - hardly what comes naturally in this setting. I should have got the Rally Safe in got into the 130km/h group but it was so much faffing about. Anyway, the individual stages were so short and so reduced in number that the event was a shadow of what it was 10 or so years ago. After we peeled off at the top of Corkscrew, we had a blinder of a run over to Uraidla on public roads for lunch. My co-driver said it was the best part of the event.
    I reckon the drives I've been on with you in the 12c, GT3 and GT3 RS were probably better than any rally!

  11. #31
    Senior Member ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    No performance data for the Senna?

    A few hours on, it?s growing on me.
    It's no P1 in the looks department, but will probably outperform it on track.

    It will be cool no doubt and I'm glad there will be some in Oz. Glass in the lower doors is interesting too.

    There's a lot of stuff going on in the design, and with the wing so far forward it does look weird.

    Can't wait to find out more.

  12. #32
    Senior Member looney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,436
    Omg I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

    McLaren don't seem overly concerned about aesthetics it seems. Ever since the MP4-12C it seems to have been downhill.

  13. #33
    Senior Member nuxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    $2m AUD I was told - List is 750GBP so makes sense
    Apparently only 2 coming to Australia. That Mad Barry bloke has got one according to his Instagram.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,952
    Quote Originally Posted by nuxi View Post
    Apparently only 2 coming to Australia. That Mad Barry bloke has got one according to his Instagram.
    Zagame told me they were getting 5. Trivett?s said they are getting approx the same number. When you think of all the 657LT LT Spiders that came (out of 500 made), two cars would be an insulting allocation.

  15. #35
    Photo Taker dkabab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    15,436
    one of the dealers or sales guys put on instagram yesterday there were 5 coming for sydney... i cant find the post any more

  16. #36
    Senior Member 360c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bad Lands
    Posts
    21,868
    Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post

    McLaren don't seem overly concerned about aesthetics it seems. Ever since the MP4-12C it seems to have been downhill.

    I disagree.
    I think McLaren made a mistake with the design of the MP4-12C and then got it right from then until now.
    The P15 design is very clearly driven by aerodynamic concerns above literally all else. It's no looker; but I'm betting the performance will raise the bar to a whole new and previously unheard of level in a "road" car.

  17. #37
    Senior Member 360c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bad Lands
    Posts
    21,868
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    Zagame told me they were getting 5. Trivett?s said they are getting approx the same number. When you think of all the 657LT LT Spiders that came (out of 500 made), two cars would be an insulting allocation.
    Zagame told me that they were allocated 2 definitely and were hoping to get another 2 or 3 cars on top; but it wasn't set in stone.

    I can't see Sydney getting 5 cars as a definite allocation.

  18. #38
    Senior Member ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,304
    Australia is getting a higher allocation because we didn't get any P1s or MSO LTs apparently. Over 10 including QLD is my guess.

  19. #39
    Senior Member 360c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bad Lands
    Posts
    21,868
    Quote Originally Posted by ACP View Post
    Australia is getting a higher allocation because we didn't get any P1s or MSO LTs apparently. Over 10 including QLD is my guess.
    What the hell is an MSO LT?

    No way in hell Oz would get 10 X P15's IMHO.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,952
    Quote Originally Posted by 360c View Post
    What the hell is an MSO LT?

    No way in hell Oz would get 10 X P15's IMHO.
    Why not? We got more than 10 LT Spiders.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •