Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1196

Thread: Huracan Performante

  1. #1
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,378
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...injection-tech
    Going to be very good if R8 Plus is anything to go by


  2. #2
    Senior Member allanuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    7,571

    After driving the hairdresser huracan for a few weeks, then I think you're right man, the SL is going to be a beast.

  3. #3
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,378
    how do u like the standard H?

  4. #4
    Senior Member allanuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    how do u like the standard H?
    It's epic. I've resisted buying new cars as there's been so much interesting older stuff around. The H spyder is a genuine daily driver that is plenty fast and angry enough when you want to go quick. 'Normal'cars wouldn't see which way it went and I don't think it'll be embarrassed in supercar company.

    The auto shifts are very, very good as well - the understeer from reviews is largely BS, and the big V10 wails. Off throttle over-run scares children and ladies who are taking pictures

  5. #5
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,378
    Quote Originally Posted by allanuber View Post
    It's epic. I've resisted buying new cars as there's been so much interesting older stuff around. The H spyder is a genuine daily driver that is plenty fast and angry enough when you want to go quick. 'Normal'cars wouldn't see which way it went and I don't think it'll be embarrassed in supercar company.

    The auto shifts are very, very good as well - the understeer from reviews is largely BS, and the big V10 wails. Off throttle over-run scares children and ladies who are taking pictures
    Love it and H SL will be even more angry

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    10,322
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Love it and H SL will be even more angry
    as it should be, and it'll have to be.

  7. #7
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,378
    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    as it should be, and it'll have to be.
    Yup - hope they listen to their customers !!

  8. #8
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,378
    "OK ladies and gentlemen - Today I got official confirmation from a high level exec at the local Lambo dealership that the upcoming Superleggera beat the Porsche 918's Nurburgring Nordschleife track record "by several seconds!" Lamborghini would not release the actual time - perhaps they are saving it for the official launch"

    Off Lambopower Blog.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1,304
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    "OK ladies and gentlemen - Today I got official confirmation from a high level exec at the local Lambo dealership that the upcoming Superleggera beat the Porsche 918's Nurburgring Nordschleife track record "by several seconds!" Lamborghini would not release the actual time - perhaps they are saving it for the official launch"

    Off Lambopower Blog.
    Bloody hell. It's going to have to be very light if true.


  10. #10
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,378
    Quote Originally Posted by ACP View Post
    Bloody hell. It's going to have to be very light if true.
    CF body panels (for sure) and huge downforce ala GT3 RS.

  11. #11
    Senior Member allanuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    CF body panels (for sure) and huge downforce ala GT3 RS.
    Have you put in an order mate?

  12. #12
    Senior Member 360c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bad Lands
    Posts
    21,875
    Quote Originally Posted by allanuber View Post
    Have you put in an order mate?
    Is that a rhetorical question? The boys have deposits down on everything

  13. #13
    Senior Member allanuber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by 360c View Post
    Is that a rhetorical question? The boys have deposits down on everything
    I live. I learn.

  14. #14
    Senior Member shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,378
    Quote Originally Posted by allanuber View Post
    I live. I learn.
    Live large Big A

  15. #15
    Lamborghini have regional sales training at the factory this week and last. I heard from my guy on the ground that this car will only be 30kg lighter but it will have an extra 40hp, it also has some aerodynamic features that lambo has patented which are banned in F1. They actaually showed the car to reps at the factory. Dealaers are taking orders in Jan and it the price is about $560k. I will be ordering the convertible version if they make one.

    And oh it's called the performante...

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    21,954
    30kg lighter? Junking the electric seats for one piece buckets alone will do that. I hope that's not true. The hp bump sounds about right - there's only so much you can do to a na engine. That's why the weight is so important. No wonder it's called Performante and not Superleggera.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    30kg lighter? Junking the electric seats for one piece buckets alone will do that. I hope that's not true. The hp bump sounds about right - there's only so much you can do to a na engine. That's why the weight is so important.
    I saved almost that with changing my front seats. and my fronts were not electric.

    there has to be much more weight to be lost in this thing

  18. #18
    Senior Member 360c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bad Lands
    Posts
    21,875
    Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    30kg lighter? Junking the electric seats for one piece buckets alone will do that. I hope that's not true. The hp bump sounds about right - there's only so much you can do to a na engine. That's why the weight is so important. No wonder it's called Performante and not Superleggera.
    You could save the best part of 20kg by using a Braille lithium racing battery instead of the usual gel pack lump.

  19. #19
    Guys this car is not about cutting weight that's why it's called the Performante not Superlegerra. They have added aerodynamic technology which opens and closes parts of the body to add cooling, I guess this is similar to what the f12 berlinetta has.

  20. #20
    Senior Member 360c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bad Lands
    Posts
    21,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Budfox View Post
    Guys this car is not about cutting weight that's why it's called the Performante not Superlegerra. They have added aerodynamic technology which opens and closes parts of the body to add cooling, I guess this is similar to what the the entire current Ferrari range have.
    *fixed*

Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •