Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Castrol Australia

Castrol are pleased to announce our partnership with and support of Australia?s most influential online
    motoring communities. We?ve been driven by performance for over 100 years and we?re excited to share this
    passion with you guys.

Over the coming months we?ll post information about upcoming events, the latest news and happenings in
    the motorsport arena, product reviews, reports from our motoring ambassadors and more. Be sure to check
    out all the pics and vids from our drift, drag and V8 Supercar teams.

If you?re looking for performance check out our range of Castrol EDGE engine oils, designed to outperform
    competitors in extreme conditions. Our motoring ambassadors swear by the stuff! If you?re mechanically
    inclined, log onto our online lubeguide where you?ll find fluid recommendations for your ride.

http://www.castroledge.com.au/

So sit back, relax and enjoy the content posted in our vendors section. If you can?t find the answers you?re
    looking for just drop up us a line at the email below or post up a question.

Don?t forget to subscribe to our Castrol EDGE Youtube and Facebook pages to see what else we have been
    getting up to!

[size=8pt]Admin edit: fixed bung URL[/size]

I use (commercially and privately) almost exclusively Castrol...

but...

Why won't you sell SRF brake fluid in half litre bottles.

Why don't you do a 5w50 engine oil.

and what's your equivalent to the Alfa Tutela hydraulic oil...

I've asked all these question on the tech help line, but not satisfied with the answers!

Spam ain't Spam, Sol.

Ash, are these dudes paying????

Quote Originally Posted by jmillard308 View Post
    Spam ain't Spam, Sol.

Ash, are these dudes paying????
    Yeah sorry I didn't personally intro this mob - they have a pro-active crew behind them who got in before me.

Check the category breadcrumbs.

Attachment 33703

Ka-ching, ka-ching. Another corporate customer for AE. Great to see, Ash.

Rubber King of Adelaide S4Simon's Avatar
    I see Ash has made it on the Forbes top 10,000,000 list for corporate flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by S4Simon View Post
    I see Ash has made it on the Forbes top 10,000,000 list for corporate flyers.
    take that owner of kia forums...

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifixer View Post
    I use (commercially and privately) almost exclusively Castrol...

but...

Why won't you sell SRF brake fluid in half litre bottles.

Why don't you do a 5w50 engine oil.

and what's your equivalent to the Alfa Tutela hydraulic oil...

I've asked all these question on the tech help line, but not satisfied with the answers!

Question sent straight to Castrol HQ.

Rob.

OK, this is a serious thread on ...........oil.

Please - if you care even a tiny bit about the black stuff, please post your questions now. :doh:

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    OK, this is a serious thread on ...........oil.

Please - if you care even a tiny bit about the black stuff, please post your questions now. :doh:
    Sure, seeing it's a real sponsor and we'd love to see more here so Ash can stop renting out the chicken suit.

Castrol people, I have a Ferrari 355, 360 and a 456. What are your recommendations and what do you think the top reasons to swap away from Redline are? Happy to post up on the experience if you've got a compelling reason to change brands...

Quote Originally Posted by allanuber View Post
    Sure, seeing it's a real sponsor and we'd love to see more here so Ash can stop renting out the chicken suit.

Castrol people, I have a Ferrari 355, 360 and a 456. What are your recommendations and what do you think the top reasons to swap away from Redline are? Happy to post up on the experience if you've got a compelling reason to change brands...
    Yes... :scratchchin:

The website is quite wrong on a few recommendations..... the 10w60 Engine oil is NOT suitable for ALL Ferraris :doh:

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifixer View Post
    Yes... :scratchchin:

The website is quite wrong on a few recommendations..... the 10w60 Engine oil is NOT suitable for ALL Ferraris :doh:
    Fair call, I'm using Redline 10W40 Eng Oil, and shockproof NS for the gearboxes, great results so far, and the cars feel much more consistent than with our prior Royal Purple experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by g2s View Post
    Question sent straight to Castrol HQ.

Rob.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allanuber View Post
    Fair call, I'm using Redline 10W40 Eng Oil, and shockproof NS for the gearboxes, great results so far, and the cars feel much more consistent than with our prior Royal Purple experimentation.
    As I already said, I use Castrol for almost all my applications privately, and in the workshop....

It's just the missing 5w50 engine oil and Tutela (F1 shift on some models only).

By using Castrol products, you'd gain value and availability over your current choices. But your quality is fine.

Castrol stuff is sold in BP servo's, which makes things easy if (as you should) buy your fuel there.

I get mine through local wholesalers or frustratingly, Supercheap Autos... as they sell magnatec cheaper than my wholsaler claims to buy it for!

Does it seem weird to anyone else that this Castrol bloke has only been asked 2 questions and both times has replied with "sent straight to Castrol HQ" or something like that? What is this bloke trying to achieve if he doesn't know his product?

Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
    Does it seem weird to anyone else that this Castrol bloke has only been asked 2 questions and both times has replied with "sent straight to Castrol HQ" or something like that? What is this bloke trying to achieve if he doesn't know his product?
    Probably not that strange. He's probably part of the strategic comms/PR/media division and he's directing the questions of substance to the relevant people in the organisation. I dunno, just my 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by RMV View Post
    Probably not that strange. He's probably part of the strategic comms/PR/media division and he's directing the questions of substance to the relevant people in the organisation. I dunno, just my 2 cents!
    Just seems like a waste of time really. From a marketing point of view, forums aren't about waiting a week to get an answer, so the novelty of having a Castrol rep will wear off pretty quick and I'd rather see them hang around and support the hardwork Ash has put in.

Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
    Just seems like a waste of time really. From a marketing point of view, forums aren't about waiting a week to get an answer, so the novelty of having a Castrol rep will wear off pretty quick and I'd rather see them hang around and support the hardwork Ash has put in.
    Fair point - having a contributor who can answer tech questions directly is the ideal situation, IMHO.

I'm not here to go cheerleader - but I have actually spoken with him about this issue last week and mentioned that if they weren't going to properly engage the potential customer they may as well just buy banner ads rather than waste time on forums.

Turns out (as I'm told) - because of the way they have launched this campaign they didn't anticipate the level of interest or number of questions compared to usual simple banner ad stuff, and I've suggested they get proper tech reps beefed up to deal with forum enquiries rather than going through media-relation proxies.

So - let's hope this experience will lead to better customer service which hopefully benefits us all.

Quote Originally Posted by ashsimmonds View Post
    I'm not here to go cheerleader - but I have actually spoken with him about this issue last week and mentioned that if they weren't going to properly engage the potential customer they may as well just buy banner ads rather than waste time on forums.

Turns out (as I'm told) - because of the way they have launched this campaign they didn't anticipate the level of interest or number of questions compared to usual simple banner ad stuff, and I've suggested they get proper tech reps beefed up to deal with forum enquiries rather than going through media-relation proxies.

So - let's hope this experience will lead to better customer service which hopefully benefits us all.

Good to see!

Thread Information