Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
This looks like an event for people who not only love cars but love the life style that goes with beautiful cars, i am going to the hyatt on the friday arvo if they are having a meet and greet to see what these guys are like. No one in Australia has done something like this and it's about time someone is putting an event on. 15k is a lot of money but in the end we don't drive high end cars working at maccas. It's all about the experience, the older you get the more this makes sense! i don't know about anyone else but i always wanted to go in the Gumball, but entry into that is now over 150k. I haven't heard it from the but apparently they are making a series from the event. I guess we will soon see. :drive:
I'm not sure if I'll do it but I agree with these sentiments. It may not work but good on them for trying. I hope they make plenty out of it too - I believe in capitalism.

Whether it is a fun thing to do depends on what you like I guess, but IMO the price sounds about right for an exclusive event. "Exclusive" means most get excluded, after all. The time away from the business might cost some participants more than the entry fee anyway, and think of the networking potential.