Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AuzRun 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
    Just hope they realise that Sydney to the Coast in one day will kill you! As well as Melb to Sydney.
    ive done syd to bendigo leisurly in 8 hours... not the biggest drive. we did bris - syd and then syd - bris after a day at eastern creek... it was pretty exhausting, but wasnt as bad as i thought it would be... guess all the monsters helped...

i can see the schedule getting revised a fair bit... but will just wait and see...

Cool
    Ross isn't joining us this weekend but will try for our June run so will be good to hear how it is all going then.

Cool
    Ross isn't joining us this weekend but will try for our June run so will be good to hear how it is all going then.
    june run sounds like the go, cars will run smoother.....would love to join in on all the fun

Great Pictures David, Can't wait to see more!

As a few questions are being thrown around I thought I would take some time to try and answer most of them.

The November run will be slightly different to the planned March run with a few things we are working on this month.

After feed back from all the guys and girls who did the run last week we have/and are making some minor changes to the itinerary to really capitalize on all the points that people would like to see more of.

We will definitely be doing the Great Ocean Road but will make a stop around half way (Mt Gambier or somewhere there abouts). Adelaide, Torquay, Melbourne and Sydney are definitely on the list with the question of having the Gold Coast the finishing point or Sydney.

With Monster Energy drink on board for March and also November with a 1 + 1 year option on the event it has given us a little (and I do mean only a little) extra $ to do two things, make the event more exciting and drop the entry fee. After we have the itinerary finalized we will have a price out to everyone along with the itinerary.

Initially we did bite of more than we can chew but that's life and that's business. I don't know of any great company, event or person who hasn't come up against some massive challenges and I think the true test of character is how those challenges are dealt with and I believe my team has done a fantastic job in overcoming all of those. I am also pretty grateful for the challenge of March and how it turned out as it has taught me and the team some great lessons and we have grown from it massively!

Another test of character is also not biting off that same chunk again, we need to do things a bit differently this time round and from the feed back from all who came on the run last week, it doesn't need to be too much different but a few things can be improved upon.

There has been talk of me not running Auzrun anymore and that?s inaccurate, I will still be steering the ship but I will however have some great team members on board playing specific roles within the company so that I can over look the larger picture while all other details are taken care of.

I think I?ve answered most questions floating around but if anyone has any others please post back up on here as I will be checking it more often now.

Look forward to any questions.

Good to see you've still got your finger in the pie, must be good fun.
    How'd you go getting the cars fuelled up, I think that was a lot of peoples biggest concerns. Mind you when we were out in Alice, filling up was a great time to catch up and regale about the last stint!

Good to see you've still got your finger in the pie, must be good fun.
    How'd you go getting the cars fuelled up, I think that was a lot of peoples biggest concerns. Mind you when we were out in Alice, filling up was a great time to catch up and regale about the last stint!
    Thanks mate and how could I not keep my involved in this. Being apart of it was amazing, from the Make a Wish kids coming and assisting in granting their wishes by having Tony bring his Lambo for Jamie to drive, to meeting some awesome people, to smashing it on some awesome tracks, to going through some AMAZING tunnels with the M5 that sounds like a rocket ship to being stressed out of my brains when hotels tell me they have run out of drinks for us haha. All part of the fun and excitement of building it into the Australian equivalent of a Carbon-black/Gumball.

Filling up was fine, we had no dramas at all. Most cars only needed two stops and as we were stopping every 3 hours for stretching and a chat some filled up and some didn't. This will be little more interesting with 50 cars on November but having all the major servos given to everyone and the distances between them is something we are going to provide so everyone knows where they can fill up. Realistically though, all cars wont pull up at the same time to fill up and all cars won't stick together so it won't be a drama as we pass through some bigger towns with either larger servo's or multiple servos.

Possibly some might run out... Not that is happened on this run Which is why we carried spare fuel in a number of different cars and the support car was always not to far behind.

Attachment 39267

Quote Originally Posted by Auzrun View Post
    the support car was always not to far behind.
    or in front.... until it needed a jerry can on the side of the road too... haha :doh:

Quote Originally Posted by dkabab View Post

shame there werent any more exotic cars

Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
    shame there werent any more exotic cars
    They were only the few that left from Goldie. Others came from Melbourne like the C6 and a few met in Sydney like the Maz and a couple others you'll see in the pictures but your right, November we need more exotics on the run, but hey, I'd be happy if the same caliber of cars came if they came with the same caliber of people!

Quote Originally Posted by Auzrun View Post
    but hey, I'd be happy if the same caliber of cars came if they came with the same caliber of people!
    great call!

Looks like it would be great fun! Looking forward to see what can be organised for November

Why is it that people that paid in full for the whole run, which was shortened and promised a quick refund. have yet to see a cent?
    This is the one that was shortened to just to Sydney and back to the Gold Coast. Have been promised their refunds: one person $5000 another $4000,
    for the 1st of April 2010 and keep getting told it is in their bank, sent to wrong account, wrong account numbers etc?????
    Ross please let those involved where their money is! 21 days is not good enough.

Johnny Whoops...........is that you????

Oh dear.

Ash check the ip adress to see if its Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    Oh dear.
    + a billion.

wheeeey heeeey, some controversy again

this site provides better entertainment than tv

Johnny diversion like last time****

Uber Car for my TV commercial?

Thread Information