Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: AuzRun 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dkabab View Post
    couple more pics.... will put up a link to a gallery soon.
    i LOVE that first pic, great shot Dave

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    :melting: indeed.

how was the drifting dave?
    If you happen to take it to Sydney one day, I'd be more than happy to take some pics of it as well :tilt:

Quote Originally Posted by 265T View Post
    i LOVE that first pic, great shot Dave
    cheers, got quite a few similar in different poses... they will be up in a gallery soon.

Evening all,

As some of you are already aware (due to catching up with you in person and email chat) there is a lot more to Auzrun than meets the eye and that can be discussed on a forum or even in an email. As you can appreciate organizing this mammoth event takes time... A lot of time and unfortunately giving regular updates on the many forums is something of a near impossible task.

But in saying that I have received a number of questions/quires regarding the event that I have made some time to address in a stand email response.

A couple of points to consider (please have a look at the outline of the event that Mark Hender posted up a few pages back also as there are some more points address on the event itinerary) are below;

As I mentioned previously I have written a standard response that I would be happy to respond to you in an email format as the responses to the following points below take up over a page and this is not a forum for Auzrun to get ?free? advertising from nor to write more than a page about the event explaining how, what, why, who, when etc. all the time. So if you would like these points cleared up please just drop me a line ross@auzrun.com and I will send you the extended points below.

The points a couple of AE members have brought up are:

? Information about me. My ?credentials?
    ? How the event is being funded
    ? How are entrants entry fee guaranteed not to be used to fund the event
    ? The Trust account and how that works
    ? What else are we providing for entrants (A list of Petrol Stations, Police contact details and hospitals for relevant cities and towns we are going through etc.)
    ? Manufacturers support - closest point of taking your car in if something ?major? goes wrong
    ? Support crew ? How many support vehicles we will have and what will they be used for if something ?minor? goes wrong? Flat tyres, Spare tyres, fuel, fluids etc.)
    ? Securing of Hotels and Track days
    ? The screening process to get the right entrants and right group
    ? Can you advertise your own business on your car
    ? Track days ? Having a change of tyres and other things to consider at the track if your someone who has had some serious track experience

Here are just some of the points that have been brought up and discussed in person with a number of people so if you would like them cleared up you know where to get any and all answers regarding the event.

Unfortunately not being able to visit AE very regularly to just ?browse and answer all comments made? if you have a genuine interest in the event and have some genuine comments then shoot me an email and I?ll get back to as soon as possible.

Until then, have a great night and let the responding posts begin!!!

Any news on this? Long time since anyone posted on this thread.

AFAIK all is going ahead as planned, are you still interested?

Quote Originally Posted by dkabab View Post
    AFAIK all is going ahead as planned, are you still interested?
    Not interested personally but I'm keen to see it do well.

Hey Guys,

All is going ahead as planned

Couple of interesting entries over the past few days with an Audi S8 being one to join the ranks. Mmmm nice.

We have secured a number of sponsors of already with about 60% to left to be sold. Having big name sponsors on board enables us to do it at such a good price (yes I know some of you think it's not cheap and no, it's not cheap, it's quality and 5 star the entire way through and those who I have met with and given the full run down will know what I'm talking about) considering everything that is included in the event and package when you enter.

Channel 9 have also come back and are wanting to air the TV show but we are still in negotiations at the moment with the other networks.

So far we are not completely full. We had a massive influx of inquiries and entry's to begin but now things are slowing down as we are approaching the 50. A couple of people have had to pull out due to overseas commitments but having accounted for that we are still sailing pretty smoothly and I'd like to thank everyone for their support and comments to help it be a big success and a lot of fun for those watching as well as participating. We deserve a run that gives the Yanks and the Pomps a run for their money right!!!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to post and I'll do my best to respond or shoot me an email.

The lads and Luke O'Neill will be at Sandown on Thursday for anyone keen to get some info about how the trackdays on the event will work.

When-
    Thursday 29 October 2009 from 7am, with the track opening at 9am, to 4:30pm. RSVP essential.

Where-
    Sandown Raceway, Victoria.

For Further Information-
    To RSVP or for further information please contact Jacqueline Chevalley at The Ideas Suite on (02) 9279 330, 0412 185 407, or exec@theideassuite.com.au

:bump:

Latest PR info... Time for outfit and roll call...

Aussie Exotics is looking forward to the greatest (thus far) Australian exotic and prestige car event on the calendar - the 2010 AuzRun!

For those who've been hiding in the garage polishing their car for the last 6 months, this is to be an epic week-long adventure with 50 high-end cars making the ozone-burning pilgrimage from Adelaide to the Gold Coast.

It's a natural fit for Aussie Exotics members to mix it with fellow exotic and prestige car owners from around the country. While what is already on the official website www.AuzRun.com is clearly spectacular, the extra contribution to those of you joining is an offer not to be repeated.

Adelaide is the starting venue for the much anticipated supercar event of the year. With only 50 spots available for this years entry, the first week of March promises to be one not forgotten by those lucky enough to secure a spot.

Whilst supporting the Make a Wish Foundation, Auzrun will leave from Adelaide on 1st March before taking in Torquay via the Great Ocean Road and on to Melbourne, stopping in for a track day at Sandown, across to Sydney then out to Eastern Creek for the 2nd track day and rounding off the event on the Gold Coast, 5 days and 5 wild nights later.

As the inaugural Auzrun, there are a limited and exclusive 50 spots available for cars that include Supercars of course, character cars and other high end machines. The general stamp of approval goes to Porsches, Ferraris Lamborghini and other exotics but as this is also about bringing together like minded individuals, the character of the person also plays its part as to driver acceptance regardless of their car.

Check the AuzRun info page for the skinny, and ask any questions here or contact Ross direct at ross@auzrun.com for specifics.

BTW - AuzRun are offering a colossal discount for those considering bringing along two cars...

<bump> less than 20 days to go. Did anyone here sign up?

We Adelaideans had better get down to the start to wish the guys well - or even meet them along the route somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    We Adelaideans had better get down to the start to wish the guys well - or even meet them along the route somewhere.
    Esky of beer on the corner... sounds like a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by allanuber View Post
    <bump> less than 20 days to go. Did anyone here sign up?
    nope, would love to do it, but my wife is due around that time.....should i risk it??
    you in??

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista View Post
    nope, would love to do it, but my wife is due around that time.....should i risk it??
    you in??
    Not me, but I am interested to see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by mhh View Post
    Could be quite interesting to see if we can gather a bigger group of cars for the start than they can...

Quote Originally Posted by Brenton View Post
    Could be quite interesting to see if we can gather a bigger group of cars for the start than they can...
    Hahhaa. Spiteful, but admittedly ... funny

Any details of when and where they'll pop by each city ?

Quote Originally Posted by nicot View Post
    Any details of when and where they&#039;ll pop by each city ?
    Might be something in here...

https://aussieexotics.com/forum/dlat...0;attach=21557

Oops - I hear Auzrun isn't happening this week after all. It has been "postponed" till November...

That makes it a dead duck. :thumbsdown:

Thread Information