Soap, without trying to lampoon you back ... you don't seem to have the cash or the car to go in this, so maybe take off your cheerleader skirt for a second and give the guys who are genuinely looking at going along a chance to ask reasonable questions.

Have you actually done 12 hours straight in a supercar? I regularly drive our cars from Sydney to Brissie which is that kind of distance, and it's (quoting MHH) an 'endurance event'. I can tell you for sure you're feeling f*cked after.

12 hour drive, big p|ssup and then backing it up with a long drive again the next day would be dangerous without 2 drivers doing duty in the car.

I'm hoping the guys run an awesome event as well, and there are no mishaps. We had a run recently with only about 6 cars out and the unfortunately the lead car was clocked at 15k's over by a police radar (in a 100 zone, from the opposite direction, around a bend, but that's a different story) and the police chaps took great pains to explain if they though the cars were street racing that we'd be walking home. These weren't kids, but primarily successful, bright professionals who were given a major verbal b|tchslap.

If the cars were driven anything like the Cannonball and Gumball events, with the same 'fun' disrespect for speed limits anywhere on the road, then it's not just the one person speeding who runs a risk, but all cars following/near.

It'd be great to hear how this'll be managed. Great to hear more about how the authorities will be warned and good to hear more from the organisers. They've advertised here on a public forum, so having further public discussion here is a great place to everyone to understand how it'll work.