Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: AuzRun 2010

This one is being run by a mate of a mate so we should be able to keep on top of things to see that it doesn't turn into vapour.

I'll be providing more info in the coming weeks, right now the basics are 50 exotics on a 7 day cruise from Adelaide to Gold Coast including two track days - $15k entry.

---> http://www.auzrun.com

There is talk of splitting it into legs so some folk who don't have a week to spare or only want to do a certain portion of it can get involved - there's nothing concrete about that yet though so stay tuned.

If anyone is keen to find out more before getting on board - the organisers will be in town late next week to catch up for a beer, let me know if you'd like to come along.

interested

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    interested
    Me too. I've requested info.

I've just spoken to one of the organisers - they're keen to have AE folk involved, more details early next week but they'll be in Adelaide putting on drinks for people who are interested, it will likely be Friday arvo/evening - I'll let the usual suspects know when details are confirmed.

This one sounds like it will actually be a go'er.

Exotic lovers,

The biggest thing since Captain Cook has FINALY hit Australia and I would like to extend a personal invitation to all of the members of AE to be apart of ?that thing? that is on everyone?s lips at the moment? Auzrun 2010!

I have prepared some information for all those who are interested in hearing more about this CONFIRMED event in the way of a DVD, an Information booklet, Price list, Cars Acceptable, Terms and Conditions of Entry and of course, the top secret Itinerary!

So how do you get your hands on it?

I will be putting on some drinks for anyone who is interested in finding out more about Auzrun in Adelaide next Friday the 12 at 5pm at the Hyatt where I will run through the entire event and answer any questions.

Just liek the event though, places are limited so please email me at ross@auzrun.com with your information and a confirmation that you'll be there and I will be sure to reserve you a spot.

I?m not going to give away much now but what I will say for now is give yourself 5 minutes to watch the DVD on the website www.auzrun.com and shoot me off and email to reserve your spot.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person next week and then driving along side you along side 50 of some of the worlds most beautiful works of art!

P.S - We are limiting this year to 50 entrants and in the past 3 weeks 27 entrants have already been confirmed, be sure to save your spot next week so you don't miss out on this.

Until then, drive fast, drive safe but most of all, drive them like they were made to be driven!!!

Rossgo Scutts

Attachment 21143

Quote Originally Posted by Auzrun View Post
    P.S - We are limiting this year to 50 entrants and in the past 3 weeks 27 entrants have already been confirmed, be sure to save your spot next week so you don't miss out on this.
    marketing gold

Quote Originally Posted by Auzrun View Post
    Exotic lovers,

The biggest thing since Captain Cook has FINALY hit Australia and I would like to extend a personal invitation to all of the members of AE to be apart of ?that thing? that is on everyone?s lips at the moment? Auzrun 2010!

I have prepared some information for all those who are interested in hearing more about this CONFIRMED event in the way of a DVD, an Information booklet, Price list, Cars Acceptable, Terms and Conditions of Entry and of course, the top secret Itinerary!

So how do you get your hands on it?

I will be putting on some drinks for anyone who is interested in finding out more about Auzrun in Adelaide next Friday the 12 at 5pm at the Hyatt where I will run through the entire event and answer any questions.

Just liek the event though, places are limited so please email me at ross@auzrun.com with your information and a confirmation that you'll be there and I will be sure to reserve you a spot.

I?m not going to give away much now but what I will say for now is give yourself 5 minutes to watch the DVD on the website www.auzrun.com and shoot me off and email to reserve your spot.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person next week and then driving along side you along side 50 of some of the worlds most beautiful works of art!

Until then, drive fast, drive safe but most of all, drive them like they were made to be driven!!!

Rossgo Scutts
    can you tell us what the 27 cars are?
    list of cars on a no names basis would be cool

Interested!

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    can you tell us what the 27 cars are?
    list of cars on a no names basis would be cool
    YSS,

Good idea listing the cars but we are not giving out any entrants details in anyway shape or form.

We have no qualm with entrants discussing their own entry and making it known publicly but we have some individuals who at this point want to keep out of any sort of spot light which includes mentioning cars, I hope everyone will respect that and I'm sure all will understand (being blunt though if people do have an issue with this then they can have one as this will not change)... until

30 Days before the event (when entries have been 100% confirmed and everyone is locked in), there will be a dedicated page on auzrun.com that will display a list of every car with their team names and pictures of the cars being driven (excluding number plates)

We I think I'm going to go in it...

Plus the following :

F430
    997/4S
    Aston Vantage V8c
    LP640
    G Spider - Blk

These guys may only do the Syd to Gold Coast part.

ok call me dumbo, but 15K to do what....drive at the speed limit

oh how many Targa tas, targa wrest points and adel hills tarmac can one do with that money..........equalling 1560km of closed stages.

sounds like a pyramid scheme to extrapolate money out of good folk

i too have no idea where the money goes, but from the sounds of it, the documentation of the event in the form of helecopters and film crew, wouldnt be cheap.
    but does that add to the experience while driving the trip... probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by dkabab View Post
    i too have no idea where the money goes, but from the sounds of it, the documentation of the event in the form of helecopters and film crew, wouldnt be cheap.

yeah police choppers keeping tabs on the speed limit

Administrator
    Will it really cost $750,000 to put this event on and provide an acceptable return on the investment to the organizers?

Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post

yeah police choppers keeping tabs on the speed limit
    just dont forget to set the video recorder for the 10pm news

Ok, glad I'm not the only one wondering about that.

This looks like an event for people who not only love cars but love the life style that goes with beautiful cars, i am going to the hyatt on the friday arvo if they are having a meet and greet to see what these guys are like. No one in Australia has done something like this and it's about time someone is putting an event on. 15k is a lot of money but in the end we don't drive high end cars working at maccas. It's all about the experience, the older you get the more this makes sense! i don't know about anyone else but i always wanted to go in the Gumball, but entry into that is now over 150k. I haven't heard it from the but apparently they are making a series from the event. I guess we will soon see. :drive:

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    15k is a lot of money but in the end we don't drive high end cars working at maccas.
    I wouldn't say that... Working at Maccas paid for a certain McLaren F1 that currently lives in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by dkabab View Post
    does it say what they will do with the filming?? will they sell it, will it appear on tv etc etc?? sounds like turnover is going to be more than 750k.

Dumbo - you forgot the sponsorships as well... Have to be a few hundred K if people are stickering up cars gumball style.

Thread Information