Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: AuzRun 2010

Meh, well that all flopped a bit.

When do we get to see the commercial!?!?

Should it be this hard to organise something? Hope he sorts it out or car tours will forever be tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
    Should it be this hard to organise something?
    when cash is involved, it never is.

I don't want to speculate in any way, shape or form as I don't know the details. In the original Auzrun info, it said that the money would be kept in trust until the even in case of cancellation either by the participant or organisors. Theoritically, the money should always be there.
    The biggest thing that keeps coming back to me is why businesses are upfront and honest about things, is it that difficult to keep people in the loop? Or is that poor business?

Should it be this hard to organise something? Hope he sorts it out or car tours will forever be tainted.
    They're already tainted. That's why so many people were willing to give kudos for someone giving this a go.... but it's all a massive :doh: if indeed any of the complaints are legit.

Not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

I don't want to speculate in any way, shape or form as I don't know the details. In the original Auzrun info, it said that the money would be kept in trust until the even in case of cancellation either by the participant or organisors. Theoritically, the money should always be there.
    The biggest thing that keeps coming back to me is why businesses are upfront and honest about things, is it that difficult to keep people in the loop? Or is that poor business?
    Speculate away Cam - no matter who the business is, if they advertise and expect the benefit from a free public forum, they should expect and respond to public scrutiny (fair or not). They have a right of reply, or a right to let all of us knuckleheads blow steam.

Unless there's some underhanded reason, it doesn't make much sense for customers to be complaining here - unless there's a real gripe. It's not like there is a competing run that needs to knock the current one down?

With regard to the Trust - while this may mean your money doesn't get spent outside what has been agreed, it doesn't in any way guarantee that you'll get the money back in a timely manner, or without going through hoops to prove you deserve the refund. As usual, buyer beware.

Yeah I agree with all that, but I like to know both side before tearing anyone down. I'm sure Ross keeps and eye on this thread so I wish he'd pipe up as it looks bad at this stage. A bit like the SSC saga, as soon as James set it straight there was no problem.

My name is not Johnny.
    The 2 people I know have been told by email and verbal phone and also TXT" 1)The money has been transferred,2) sent to wrong bank account,3) money is there and expect it to clear over night" and the list goes on. Money has still not been paid as of 3.30pm 22/04/2010 22 days after first promised and counting.
    The question I placed on the chat has now been locked.
    It just seems that with the all spruiking for the next trip that a bit of caution might be welcome for those with less disposable income.
    Cheers Rowan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    My name is not Johnny.
    The 2 people I know have been told by email and verbal phone and also TXT" 1)The money has been transferred,2) sent to wrong bank account,3) money is there and expect it to clear over night" and the list goes on. Money has still not been paid as of 3.30pm 22/04/2010 22 days after first promised and counting.
    The question I placed on the chat has now been locked.
    It just seems that with the all spruiking for the next trip that a bit of caution might be welcome for those with less disposable income.
    Cheers Rowan
    Fair call - this thread isn't locked though... so I'm sure there's plenty of other voyeurs interested in seeing the outcome too.

Sorry my mistake. You are right it is not locked. :doh:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    My name is not Johnny.
    I know.........your grammar is too good

Quote Originally Posted by M308 View Post
    I know.........your grammar is too good
    You should meet his grandad.

Quote Originally Posted by allanuber View Post
    Meh, well that all flopped a bit.

When do we get to see the commercial!?!?
    Here we go...Hope Ash the almighty GOD doesn't hound me for self promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0w1V7Jh34

C'mon, where's the burn outs?????

Quote Originally Posted by beankeen456 View Post
    Ash check the ip adress to see if its Johnny
    far too much punctuation for johnny...
    also, look out for the reference to James...then you know its johnny!!

Some updates have been made, including some teams.

November 15-20.

http://auzrun.com/index.php?id=6

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_el8R7znnPk&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

I wonder how much had to be paid to cake?

Looks like some changes for the better. Now that transport and flights are included, what's the price? The Sydney start is a good idea, as is shortening the route to leave out the leg to the Gold Coast.

Hey all - we recently did some work with the guys at Auzrun in the lead up to the November Rally. We got to sit down with a good number of the entrants for an informal chat about their cars, what they do and why they are on the run and thought we should post the fruits of our labor here!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_FTdtO4EQY[/youtube]

Also - the Twin Turbo 360 that Moey of Queen Street Customs in Sydney is bringing - video of that to come...

Thread Information