Thread: Welcome to Austorient - Int'l Motorsport Logistics, Import, Export, and Customs Clearance

Welcome to our latest site supporter - Austorient.

Some folk here will have already had dealings with Deborah Robinson and crew - they provide complete logistic solutions for numerous local and international motorsport events, as well as services for the import/export of prestige vehicles and race cars, including customs clearance (duty, LCT, GST, etc).

For more info you can contact Deborah on 0400 378 043 - she may even be persuaded to get in touch with the geek inside and pop in here to say hi and answer Q's.

International Motorsport Logistics:
    Austorient Motorsport Logistics, a division of Ross Fehlberg offers importers / exporters worldwide support and logistical coverage in the movement of prestige, historic, classic and race vehicles.

Our experienced and dedicated team provide personal attention and guidance in the operational process by way of finding the most suitable cost effective, secure solutions. We have an impressive track record with full dedication and commitment to our customers.

Austorient are part of a global network of motorsport logistics forwarders, with a combined experience and knowledge of over 25 years and is represented in Europe, UK, the USA, South America, Middle East, South Africa, Asia, NZ and Japan.

Since establishing the motorsport logistics division our dedicated team have handled entrants vehicles for tours and events such as The Rolls Royce Centennial World Tour, Peking to Paris, Louis Vuitton China Run, Porsche 356 Tour, The Arabian Gulf Tour, The Nile Trial and The Classic Safari to name a few.

Austorient Motorsport Logistics are the official appointed agent by Octagon handling entrants vehicles for Targa Tasmania Rally, The Australian Safari together with motor cross and 4wd teams entering Dakar and the UAE Desert Challenge.

Over the years we have handled events such as the support to F1 at the Australian Prix being, Porsche Super Cup, Stephane Ratels Lamborghini Challenge, Can Am Vehicles, US Le Mans Series, A1 Grand Prix throughout Europe, entrants vehicles for Australian GT Championship, Classic Adelaide Rally and many more.

Import/Export and Customs Clearance
    Austorient Motorsport Logistics specializes in the shipping via air and sea freight of historic, classic, prestige and race vehicles throughout the world.

Our company is wholly Australian owned and has been established for over 40 years and is one of the top registered customs and forwarding agencies in Australia. With experienced staff in all facets of shipping and customs we offer a total logistics package to suit your needs.

Our team members have personally handled events such as support category to Australian Grand Prix, Lamborghini Challenge, Porsche Super cup Cars, A1 Grand Prix, WRC Teams, US Le Mans Series and many more.

We handle regular import / export via air and sea freight of prestige vehicles such as Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Bentley to name a few, together with historic & vintage vehicles.

Should you wish to import / export a vehicle, the experienced team at Austorient Motorsport Logistics would be pleased to assist in offering competitive rates together with the highest level of service.

Duty applicable for passenger motor vehicles
    * If vehicle is less than 30 years old = 10% DUTY + 10% GST + Luxury car Tax (LCT) calculated at 33% for every dollar over AUD $ 57,180.00
    * If the vehicle is over 30 years old NO DUTY is applicable , however 10% GST and LCT caluclated at 33% for every dollar over AUD $ 57,180.00
    * If a race vehicle Duty is caluclated at 5% + 10% GST

In addition to our Motorsport Forwarding Division , we handle general import and export forwarding for all types of commercial goods and commodities. Therefore our organization can also provide you with a vast and comprehensive local and international logistics program to service your complete shipping requirements that one expects from from an International Freight Forwarder and Customs Brokerage Agency.
    Contact
    Office: +44 61 (0) 3 9330 0999
    Deborah Robinson: 0400 378 043
    Michael Carrafa: 0413 615 675

Attachment 17660

Attachment 17661

Attachment 17665

Attachment 17667

Attachment 17669

Attachment 17671

Attachment 17673

Attachment 17719

Hi guys/girls...
    Now as someone who is trying to import his rari into the land of milk & honey from that cold, lifeless rock known as the UK naturally the pitfalls are many. You have to overcome, lack of knowledge, lack of experience and hardest of all having no-one that actually knows their stuff (inside and out) able to help and guide you.
    Yeah of course there's a million brokers out there who claim to be able to help you (I've a list longer than War & Peace should anyone want to know who NOT to go with) but their customer service or ability/desire to help you is driven by one thing - $$$.
    Having been through this process for what feels like an eternity I've finally found a company and more importantly a great woman who knows her stuff inside and out. Guys, there is simply no-one else you should be even thinking of moving your pride and joy with. Talk to Deborah at Austorient and I guarantee you'll wish you'd done it sooner.
    This girl knows her way around the whole gig, questions answered promptly, more importantly CORRECTY and she's very friendly with it.
    No question is too stupid, all she wants to do is help you get your baby from A to B - wish I'd found her and Austoriet years ago.

Anyone (and I know there's plenty of you) looking at/trying to import their car to Oz - 0400 378 043 is really all you need - period. Thanks Les for putting me in touch with Deborah in the first place.

Cheers

i used them, they were great.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF View Post
    Hi guys/girls...
    Now as someone who is trying to import his rari into the land of milk & honey from that cold, lifeless rock known as the UK naturally the pitfalls are many. You have to overcome, lack of knowledge, lack of experience and hardest of all having no-one that actually knows their stuff (inside and out) able to help and guide you.
    Yeah of course there's a million brokers out there who claim to be able to help you (I've a list longer than War & Peace should anyone want to know who NOT to go with) but their customer service or ability/desire to help you is driven by one thing - $$$.
    Having been through this process for what feels like an eternity I've finally found a company and more importantly a great woman who knows her stuff inside and out. Guys, there is simply no-one else you should be even thinking of moving your pride and joy with. Talk to Deborah at Austorient and I guarantee you'll wish you'd done it sooner.
    This girl knows her way around the whole gig, questions answered promptly, more importantly CORRECTY and she's very friendly with it.
    No question is too stupid, all she wants to do is help you get your baby from A to B - wish I'd found her and Austoriet years ago.

Anyone (and I know there's plenty of you) looking at/trying to import their car to Oz - 0400 378 043 is really all you need - period. Thanks Les for putting me in touch with Deborah in the first place.

Cheers
    Its always difficult when recommending someone or their services but Deb knows her stuff to the point she is now freighting a massive order for me from Taiwan. Great to see happy people.

have to agree with all previous posters - we used them to bring a ferrari over from the UK and Deborah was great the whole time. Happily put up with my endless questions, and organised everything faultlessly including trucking to meet me in the UK at pickup time, insurance and everything else. Unpacking and coordinating with compliance etc on this end was flawless, and we were kept up to date at all times.
    For a first time importer, we couldnt have asked for better support than we got.

Quote Originally Posted by powderbomber View Post
    have to agree with all previous posters - we used them to bring a ferrari over from the UK and Deborah was great the whole time. Happily put up with my endless questions, and organised everything faultlessly including trucking to meet me in the UK at pickup time, insurance and everything else. Unpacking and coordinating with compliance etc on this end was flawless, and we were kept up to date at all times.
    For a first time importer, we couldnt have asked for better support than we got.
    HI ,
    Was this the pristine '95 F 348 ex suppliers door in Worcestershire ?
    We have so many vehicles on the go every week,
    anyway, thanks for your positive comments regarding our service , greatly appreciated, !!

Cheers Deborah

You're starting to sound too squeaky clean Deborah, so I think you'll have to start telling us some sordid stories of things you've done wrong, just so you sound human.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLogistics View Post
    HI ,
    Was this the pristine '95 F 348 ex suppliers door in Worcestershire ?
    We have so many vehicles on the go every week,
    anyway, thanks for your positive comments regarding our service , greatly appreciated, !!

Cheers Deborah
    holy crap, dont know why i missed this and took so long to reply!
    yep thats the one Deborah, thoroughly enjoying punting it round the Adelaide Hills thanks!
    will contact you shortly for some advice/quotes re another potential score from old blighty.

keep up the good work!

Just discovered this thread dealing with the inport of cars from the UK . At some time I am looking at bringing a Lamborghini Miura kit car to OZ. So I may have to contact MissLogitics at some time in the future when my vehicle is ready. Thankyou guys, I had been lost in the effort to find a good reliable special car importer.
    Cheers Ron

Hold your exports!!!!
    Anyone got a car ready to be shipped.

Now is a crunch time.

Duty, Taxes, LCT is calculated on the currency conversion on the date of export.
    (NOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT!)

Dollar has dropped more than 10%..That means you will cop a reaming from customs.

Anyone affected and wants to pitch in the kitty for action against customs..yell out.

I got screwed 15K! over and above what i budgeted.

pound is still 59 and a bit p... only got to 61 and a bit?...

Euro is still 69, got to 71?

US dollar yeah... but I think RHD car market is a bit more relevant..

no need to panic, it's still excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifixer View Post
    pound is still 59 and a bit p... only got to 61 and a bit?...

Euro is still 69, got to 71?

US dollar yeah... but I think RHD car market is a bit more relevant..

no need to panic, it's still excellent!
    Pound .57

Euro .655

http://markets.businessday.com.au/apps/mkt/forex.ac

yeah, what a difference a day makes!

still going too...

long way to go until pound gets to 40p and euro 56 again though... and people were buying then....

Thread Information