Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motul 300V Racing Oil Range

Motul, manufacturer of world class lubricants and pioneer of Ester technology, announces the latest evolution of their 300V line of automotive racing oils. Using Esters at the heart of its technology, 300V is recognized worldwide as a leading racing oil product.

The 300V range suits all racing gasoline (Leaded, Unleaded, Ethanol, Methanol) or diesel engines, naturally aspirated or turbocharged fitted with injection (direct /indirect) or carburetted. (For race prepared engines operating over a wide range of rpm and temperatures.)

This new reformulation further improves engine lubrication with its advanced blend of Esters, 100% synthetic base oils and a package of innovative additives.

Today?s highly developed engines make far greater power for their displacement and this places greater demands on the engine?s oil. Knowing these demands, Motul?s R&D department developed the reformulated 300V with two important targets in mind: an increase in engine power ? the main focus in competition; and increased engine reliability.

The result of comprehensive development is Motul?s newest technology, Ester Core?. Used exclusively in the reformulated 300V, Ester Core provides an increase of up to seven-horsepower in comparison with that attained by rival products. Add in extremely low oil consumption and perfect engine protection even in extreme conditions, the 300V range remains the benchmark in motorsports lubricants.

The reformulated 300V line now has eight different product options.

Six viscosities found previously in the line include:
    ? 0W20
    ? 5W30
    ? 5W40
    ? 10W40
    ? 15W50
    ? 20W60

Two new additional viscosities include:
    ? 0W15 for pure performance
    ? 0W40 for power and optimized reliability

*Based on OEM engine originally requiring 0W20. This table is offered as a guide and does not take into account the engine?s purpose or intended duties, age or kilometres. Consult your engine tuner/builder to decide what viscosity is right for your circumstances.

For more information on the full range of 300V products visit: https://www.motul.com/au/en/products/oils-lubricants?f%5Bapplication%5D=140&f%5Brange%5D =25

We?re here to help!
    If you?d like some tips on how to read our product labels or maybe you?re wondering which is the best type of oil suited to your car? Send us a PM!
    If you have any questions about any of our products please feel free to get in contact with us.

Not for me I hate the stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Not for me I hate the stuff!
    Why's that?

Used to love it in my bike. Never used it in a car.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherforumuser View Post
    Used to love it in my bike. Never used it in a car.
    I looked at a 12 month old Ducati that had a failed main bearing all the oil was burnt; only ever been run on Motul supplied by the Adelaide dealer.
    An old customer put some in his Triumph and had clunky gears, changed it back to Mobil 1 4T fully synth no problems.
    Same deal with my mates GSXR1000, he had gearbox issues with Motul, changed the oil and it was a lot better.

I looked at a 12 month old Ducati that had a failed main bearing all the oil was burnt; only ever been run on Motul supplied by the Adelaide dealer.
    An old customer put some in his Triumph and had clunky gears, changed it back to Mobil 1 4T fully synth no problems.
    Same deal with my mates GSXR1000, he had gearbox issues with Motul, changed the oil and it was a lot better.
    Amazing news. Most people I've ever spoken to highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aircon View Post
    Are they selling or using?

Why not do a back to back comparison on your bike now that you self-service.
    I recommend Mobil 1 4T Fully Synthetic for no other reason other than I have thrashed the crap out of my track motors and they still go well and look like new inside.

Why not do a back to back comparison on your bike now that you self-service.
    I recommend Mobil 1 4T Fully Synthetic for no other reason other than I have thrashed the crap out of my track motors and they still go well and look like new inside.
    Lol@ self service. i did it once! I've done 200 km since. I think any oil would do a great job at that rate!

I don't even remember what i used now, but i don't think it was Motul.

put some 0w15 in the 308, see how far it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    Judging by the exhaustive tests that have been done, and the way I use my car, I'm sure there'd be no problem whatsoever.

There's a whole section about it on fchat.

Love the theories...

Tell ya what.... run a 308 on 0w15, and lets say, attempt to do Targa Tassie...

I've seen oil consumption go from over a litre every 500 km, to less than a litre for the entire ~3000km, with no mods other than changing to a "better" oil....

Even went back to the thirsty oil once just to confirm findings.

So many variables.

Love the theories...

I've seen oil consumption go from over a litre every 500 km, to less than a litre for the entire ~3000km, with no mods other than changing to a "better" oil....

So many variables.
    What a silly billy you are. Did you miss the bit where I said "the way I use my car"??? Comprehension issues again?

What a silly billy you are. Did you miss the bit where I said "the way I use my car"??? Comprehension issues again?
    Silly Billy indeed..

You said "judging by exhaustive tests" and "there'd be no problem"

Dorothy.

Love the theories...

So many variables.
    What oils, name names old chap?

Judging by the exhaustive tests that have been done,[size=14pt] and the way I use my car[/size], I'm sure there'd be no problem whatsoever.

There's a whole section about it on fchat.
    Love the theories...

So many variables.

What a silly billy you are. Did you miss the bit where I said [size=14pt]"the way I use my car"??? [/size] Comprehension issues again?
    Silly Billy indeed..

You said "judging by exhaustive tests" and "there'd be no problem"

Dorothy.
    I've quoted the whole 'conversation' for context, and highlighted the very important facts that you chose to ignore. You have a habit of doing that. Why you like to prove publicly that you're an ass has always been hard to understand, but it is a source of amusement, so it's appreciated.

So, to pr?cis, I believe my car would develop no problems whatsoever running 0w15 based on the exhaustive tests that have been done AND THE WAY I USE MY CAR. I would not use 0w15 if I was doing Targa Tassie or Le Mans.

What oils, name names old chap?
    Shell Helix 5w40 (synthetic), and even Castrol 10/60 synthetic goes straight through a hi comp 308, into the exhaust and air box.

Castrol 25/50 edge sport mineral goes the distance.

Now I've moved to Penrite range, not Targa tested yet though.

I've quoted the whole 'conversation' for context, and highlighted the very important facts that you chose to ignore. You have a habit of doing that. Why you like to prove publicly that you're an ass has always been hard to understand, but it is a source of amusement, so it's appreciated.

So, to pr?cis, I believe my car would develop no problems whatsoever running 0w15 based on the exhaustive tests that have been done AND THE WAY I USE MY CAR. I would not use 0w15 if I was doing Targa Tassie or Le Mans.
    So, you should have NOT quoted the line about exhaustive testing.

Simple.

Now I've moved to Penrite range, not Targa tested yet though.
    LOL...Penrite? You mean the oil Carl's been recommending for years and years? THAT Penrite? The same one that, years ago, you said was rubbish and you'd never touch?? hahahahaha....seriously...I love having you around.

LOL...Penrite? You mean the oil Carl's been recommending for years and years? THAT Penrite? The same one that, years ago, you said was rubbish and you'd never touch?? hahahahaha....seriously...I love having you around.
    You're just making stuff up now.

I was very happy with Castrol Range until they made labelling too similar and my prices got out of order.

I changed to Penrite based on new product, range and pricing.

Carl ALWAYS advocated Shell oils, not penrite, and I proved enough times how bad they typically were.

Thread Information