Thread: Zen Garage Grand Opening

Come and join us for the official opening of Zen Garage in Leichhardt Sydney on 10/12/11 at 1pm. It?s been a long time coming and we?re excited to finally be opening the doors officially.

The first 30 people in line receive a special gift pack to show our appreciation!!!

We?ll also have 2 x Forza Sims set up, a DJ, a BBQ + beers from 1-2PM. All on the house! We?ll also have a big range of new season Illest gear on sale too, so bring your wallet!!!

When: Saturday 10th December 2011

Where: Zen Garage 7/99 Moore Street Leichhardt. 1-4PM

Parking: Please park on the street (please respect the hood too).

Check out the illest stock here: zengarage.com.au/shop

DJ Dirty Dim Sum locked in.

illest stock is on display PLUS we have matched the American prices.

So come down play Forza 4, talk cars with awesome background tunes and check out the stock.

Shop is now open guys! Drop in Monday to Friday 9AM-5PM
    Check out our stock at: zengarage.com.au/shop

Coverage From the Zen Garage Grand Opening below

Thanks to the support from local automotive, bike and design communities, yesterday?s Zen Garage Grand Opening was a huge success. Despite not having any sleep from a gig the night before, DJ Dirty Dim Sum was cutting sick on the decks all day long. The rain held out, the BBQ and Squires Beers were smashed and Illest goods flew off the shelves.

Photos are starting to make their way online and a selection of photos feature below (be sure to visit the links at the bottom of the post for more).

Shop frontage.

Race Harness for crowd control.

Some keen peeps were lining up from 11AM (for a 1PM launch), by 12.30PM there was a line outside.

The first 30 people got a show bag full of goodies containing gear from Motul, Mothers, Exedy, JDMST, Zen Garage and more.

We had a photo wall set-up. Pics to come!

There was enough food to feed 100 people, unfortunately it all disappeared way too quick and left many hungry!

Sergio?s EVO was on display. Zen Garage stencilled onto the tyres, Illest sticker in Glitter Gold.

Cut it nice ? DJ Dirty Dim Sum.

The gallery.

TRex Lowrider + THRILLS Scrambler.

Art appreciator.

Zen Garage is dog friendly. Stanced skateboard friendly too.

Photographers, they be everywhere!

The Deathtrap?

?it?s violent.

Conversations were flowing.

Just chillin?.

The shop.

Ill Hearts.

Illest T?s on a carbon Porsche GT3 wing. All Illest rugs sold out on the day!

Kory and Matthew (caught with the lens cap on HA!).

The counter.

At one stage there were people all along the counter, 4 rows deep waiting to pay for goods.

Busy busy!

Gamers.

The Tith Brothers were in the house too, so expect a video from them soon!

PlusSixOne RPRSNT! Hopefully we?ll be able to stock this label in future.

Diverse crowd today, so awesome.

James? 78 mini clubman.

Wing it.

Hey Wendy!

Looks good I like what they've done with the space

The amazing Tith Brothers have done it again! Great footage of our official Grand Opening for those who couldn?t make it last weekend. Turn your audio up, check HD, check your head!

I'm sorry but I have no idea what Zen Garage is meant to do. I thought it was going to be a workshop of some sort but all I see is a glorified Skaters shop where artzy skaters go to buy t-shirts, a new skateboard deck, a new pushbike or go to get those wanky Ear hole earings put in where you can put a pencil through the earlobe.

What do they do?
    What cars are they meant to work on?
    Much more info is needed.

LOL
    It isn't even a workshop???? It sells things you get from Ebay or the $2 store for $30 :doh:

http://zengarage.com.au/shop/index.p...ry&path=61

I don't think AE is the right demographics for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
    I don't think AE is the right demographics for this...
    Sure it is, this $11 glitter bumper sticker would totes class up your Bentley:

Besides, I'm pretty sure AE occasionally has a tuner fan wander in, who's the typical skateboarder/snowboarder type.

That sticker is so cool it is real bad ass.

I'll have 40 of them and put them on my neighbours cars as well :doh:

How the rent will get paid with these things is a mystery to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
    I'm sorry but I have no idea what Zen Garage is meant to do. I thought it was going to be a workshop of some sort but all I see is a glorified Skaters shop where artzy skaters go to buy t-shirts, a new skateboard deck, a new pushbike or go to get those wanky Ear hole earings put in where you can put a pencil through the earlobe.

What do they do?
    What cars are they meant to work on?
    Much more info is needed.
    I am going to have to agree with you on this one, its frigging confusing, kind of a car hang out shed but has skateboards and other non car related stuff in it

I just worked out that illest is meant to be a kool trendy but FAILed way to say sickest. Like this is the sickest t-shirt out there or they are the sickest wheels ive ever seen on a car... what made them think illest was kooler than sickest, why didnt they just call their brand sickest? That would have been kool. :doh: :doh:

That said they had lots of mostly Asian people there, they sold stuff and ran out of stuff, so good luck them, I hope its a success.

Thread Information