Thread: The Auto Obsession thread

Anything and everything car related.

Drift king NSX and 86

nzv8 chassis

lambo murcielago LP 670-4

Toyota Fest 2011, Sunday 3rd October

ToyotaFest is an annual event aimed at promoting and celebrating the enthusiasm of Toyota Owners by providing an event where they can come together, display their pride and joy and chat with like minded individuals.

You don?t have to be part of a car club or own a Show car to enter Toyotafest. If your Toyota is well presented, rare or just something you think other Toyota Enthusiasts would like to look at then we want you there.

Toyotafest is run by the Toymods Car club who noticed a distinct lack of Toyota focused Show n Shine style events that catered to the wider Toyota Community, so after looking at the related automotive calendar the first ToyotaFest was held on Sunday 3rd of October 2004 and has been held on the Sunday of the October long weekend ever since.

Since its commencement ToyotaFest has grown to become the largest all Toyota car show held in NSW (possibly Australia) and we look forward to its continued growth in years to come.

There are Trophy classes to cover everything from Show cars to classic originals, Modifeds to commercials, competition vehicles and latest model releases. There is no model Toyota we don?t want to see and we don?t care what running gear is hiding under the bonnet either.

We look forward to seeing you at the show.
    For more Toyota Fest info and pictures click here : http://www.toyotafest.org.au/

Toyota Fest 2011

ToyotaFest is an annual event aimed at promoting and celebrating the enthusiasm of Toyota Owners by providing an event where they can come together, display their pride and joy and chat with like minded individuals.

Once a year some of the biggest Australian Toyota clubs get together and celebrates the joys of owning a Toyota. Held over the Labour day long weekend (Sunday 2nd of October) in Sydney, Castle Hill . Home Hub Hills kindly donated their ground level parking for the show. Its always nice to see businesses take interest and support car culture.

Being brought up on Toyotas myself, this was my kind of event. My family has been Toyota Pro forever, owning Corollas, Camrys, Echos, AE86s, Taragos, Hiluxs, Landcruisers and the list goes on and on. I?ve personally have owned 2 ae82 corollas, 1 ae92 corolla, 3 Ae86s, and now I currently own a AW11 MR2 and only just now broken the mold with a BMW E30.

One of my many favorite and uber rare cars at the event was this mint 70′s Sprinter with JDM plates to match.

The most perfect SW20 . If had a SW20 this would be it!

The Gorilla industries WTA Supra took home the award for Best Engineered

Show car to old school grandma spec cool

1jz shoehorned into the engine bay of a ke70 with no firewall mods! ( from factory they were fitted with a carby 4ac 1.6L 4cyl)

Going down the escalators to Toyota Fest!

17 classes in total with winners receiving a trophy and prizes from sponsors : Castrol Edge, Yokohama Advan , Petrol Eyewear , DBA , Castle Hill Toyota , Meguiar?s & House of Kolor.

Super clean and original GT4. Love the pump rear guards and its aggressive front bar (pic is a bad example but its the only one I got)

Rest of this photo set can be seen here

Pictures have poured in over the weekend check them out below!

Photo album 1

Photo album 2

Photo album 3

Labour day 3rd of October ? Circuit Club?s Track Day

Instead of feeling sorry for myself, for not getting the track hack ready in time. I thought I would make the trip down to Wakefield and have a play(learn) with the camera. Out of the 600 bad photos, I ended up with some half decent ones. Main Lesson for the day was learning how to pan smoothly and utilize the shutter speed.

These are some of my best shots from yesterday. Rest can be seen in the gallery below. Feel free to leave us a comment on how I can improve my photos and technique.

The rest of the photos can be found on redsprinter.wordpress.com

It's on again, the biggest Skyline meet in the Southern Hemisphere, ladies and gentlemen
    Welcome to Skylines Australia Nationals.
    Event Date: 28th - 31st October

Fri 28th - Arrival into Shepparton
    Sat 29th - Track day @ Winton Raceway
    Sun 30th - Show'n'Shine @ Shepparton Showgrounds
    Mon 31st - Depart and head home from one awesome weekend!

Spectator Entry Free for both Track and Show n Shine

Trophies

SAU Nats - S?n?S Trophies
    Best Pre 1986
    Best R31 / R32 / R33 / R34 / R35 / V-Series
    Best Stagea / Silvia / Zed
    Best overall GTS-T / GTR / GT
    Best Intruder (Non Nissan) RWD / AWD
    Best I.C.E.
    Best Concourse - Pre 2001
    Best Track Car
    Best Street Car
    Crowd Favourite
    Tough as Nails
    Winton Trophies
    Fastest Lap Modified 4WD
    Fastest Lap Standard 4WD
    Fastest Lap Modified RWD
    Fastest Lap Standard RWD

2nd Fastest Lap Modified 4WD
    2nd Fastest Lap Standard 4WD
    2nd Fastest Lap Modified RWD
    2nd Fastest Lap Standard RWD

Skyline Nationals is proudle sponsored by:

That GTR in the Image "35R" is a family friend.

Is 35R heading down again this year? I need a lift ha ha

Skyline Australia Nationals 2011 this weekend!
    Event Date: 28th - 31st October

Fri 28th - Arrival into Shepparton
    Sat 29th - Track day @ Winton Raceway
    Sun 30th - Show'n'Shine @ Shepparton Showgrounds
    Mon 31st - Depart and head home from one awesome weekend!

Here are some quick videos of the show and shine, it's going to be exciting!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swq9nZB8Ea4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfapWoVmADM&feature=related[/youtube]

Skyline Nationals is proudle sponsored by:

Article & video by: Kim Tith & THA TITH BROTHERS

I was pleased to be invited to Zen Garage for the launch of Forza 4. They had the craziest simulator set up provided by Xtreme Sim Gear, you have to check out their website it has so much cool gear.

My brothers and I had an awesome time filming at this venue, so much intricate detail and I loved the old warehouse feel. It would be such an ideal place for a photo shoot.

Zen Garage is a Sydney based automotive lifestyle shop with a website filled with cool articles ranging from Cars to Design. Its a lifestyle website that I would recommend everyone check out.

zengarage.com.au

Auto Obsession mentioned this cash for car pics contest on their face book page.... something for the super snappers to have a look at.

http://automotivephotographyawards.com/

Thread Information