Why Midas?

Midas is a brand on the way up. Driven by an increase in first time customers, Midas saw a ten per cent growth in 2010. Franchisees that come on board now will benefit most as the Midas brand continues to experience significant growth over the coming years.

Ten reasons why a MIDAS franchise is a great choice for the right person.

1.Vision: To bring transparency and trust back to the automotive service industry.

2.Turn-key business: you simply need to unlock the door, turn on the lights and you?re ready to go. They provide a complete set-up for you, with total systems and support, meaning all you need to do is focus on your customers and running your business.

3.Highly visible marketing and advertising support: you?ll be part of a national brand that utilises TV, print, radio, local area marketing and a strong CRM loyalty program, including monthly Direct Mailers. In 2010 over $2.5 million was spent Australia wide.

4.Greater buying power from suppliers: and unlike many competitors who stand to profit from the discounts provided, Midas pass the savings directly on to their Franchisees.

5.Ongoing business support: you get access to proven systems, training and technical support, all backed by one-to-one support from team members such as our qualified CPA and OH&S Manager.

6.Backed by one of the most successful brands in the auto service industry: with a great reputation Midas is a trusted household name.

7.Access to their integrated point of sale computer system: helping you streamline the day-to-day running of a successful franchise.

8.National Franchise support network: you?ll be part of a National group of like-minded Franchisees that can provide the knowledge, tips and support to help drive each other?s success.

9.Field Support Centre: everyone at the FSC is dedicated to making Midas Franchisees successful. Their sole purpose is to drive business to ensure shops hit sales goals. The team is there to secure leases, negotiate industry best prices, offer IT/POS system support and legal advice should you need it. They deal with everything else so you can focus on customers.

10.National Fleet Manager: Midas will help secure national and local fleet deals

And there?s much more such as referral tools, PR, Mentoring program, Corporate Uniform package, Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Management program.

Frequently Asked Questions

Will I run my own business?
Yes. Midas will be there to assist you, but you will own and operate the business.

Do I need mechanical experience?
No. As the franchise owner you will employ people to do the mechanical work for you. Some mechanical experience may be an asset, but it?s not essential.

What do I get from my franchise fee?
A turn-key Midas operation that is ready to operate, including the right to the Midas name and business system for the term of the franchise (10 years). You?ll be given an exclusive trading area from which to draw your customer base, free from competition from other Midas franchises.

What are the ongoing fees?
A monthly royalty fee of 7.5% of turnover and a contribution to the advertising fund of 5% of turnover.

Do I have to own real estate?
No. Most locations are leased by Midas and the franchisee has a real estate license to occupy from Midas.

How much should I invest in stock?
Usually in the range of $10,000.

Can Midas help me raise finance?
Yes. The Midas franchise system is recognised and well regarded by Australia's leading banks.

Can I choose my own staff?
Yes. It is integral that you choose the right people for your team.

Can I speak to other franchise owners before I make a commitment?
Yes. In fact, they encourage this.

What benefits do I receive when I sell my Midas franchise?
Subject to an approved purchaser you will enjoy any profits generated as a result of a future sale of your franchise. Unlike many other franchise systems Midas does not take a percentage of the selling price.

To find out more about the great opportunities available & benefits of becoming a Midas franchisee please visit www.midas.com.au/franchising