PDA

View Full Version : Recycling Plastic - Our commitment to the environment

matespace
29-03-11, 03:38 AM
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/CASTROL/Recyclingplastic.gif

In conjunction with the Australian Institute of Petroleum and its member companies, BP/Castrol has been involved in developing a program to collect used oil containers (up to 10 litre) from selected waste transfer Centres and recycle them back into oil bottles and other industrial products.

THE PROBLEM
Each year, over 30 million motor oil containers are sold across Australia and largely end up in landfill. Plastic from used oil containers is difficult for recyclers to handle as even when drained, these containers can retain up to 10% of the oil.

THE SOLUTION
The collection and recycling program diverts used plastic oil containers from landfill. After collection, special equipment is used to remove the oil from the plastic so that the plastic can be recycled for use in industrial products. The recaptured oil will be reprocessed for reuse as lubricants and fuels.

BP/Castrol has worked together with Visy Recycling and the AIP to set up a unique collection and recycling scheme.

HOW CAN I HELP?
Take your used plastic oil containers to the recycling bins at your nearest Waste Collection Facility. If you don?t have a Waste Collection Facility nearby, contact your local council. Do not store used oil containers at home or dump them in your curbside recycling bin.

Check here for your nearest Waste Collection Facility (http://www.aip.com.au/health/used_plastic_oil_containers.htm)

Wattens
29-03-11, 11:32 AM
There are times I find my car showing it is using 40+ litres of fuel per 100km just in suburban/city driving, for get it if i'm the only one on the road and revs stay above 5000rpm. How many motor oil containers need to be recycled to counteract that?

:doh:

29-03-11, 12:23 PM
There are times I find my car showing it is using 40+ litres of fuel per 100km just in suburban/city driving, for get it if i'm the only one on the road and revs stay above 5000rpm. How many motor oil containers need to be recycled to counteract that?

:doh:

you're not even trying...

on track, your car will burn about 55 litres per 100km/h... (Gallardo) or about 44 for the ferrari.