PDA

View Full Version : Motul 300V Racing Oil Range

matespace
07-08-14, 06:07 AM
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/oil1.png (http://s762.photobucket.com/user/go2spacebucket/media/oil1.png.html)

Motul (http://clixtrac.com/goto/?174818), manufacturer of world class lubricants and pioneer of Ester technology, announces the latest evolution of their 300V line of automotive racing oils. Using Esters at the heart of its technology, 300V is recognized worldwide as a leading racing oil product.

The 300V range (https://www.motul.com/au/en/products/oils-lubricants?f%5Bapplication%5D=140&f%5Brange%5D=25) suits all racing gasoline (Leaded, Unleaded, Ethanol, Methanol) or diesel engines, naturally aspirated or turbocharged fitted with injection (direct /indirect) or carburetted. (For race prepared engines operating over a wide range of rpm and temperatures.)

This new reformulation further improves engine lubrication with its advanced blend of Esters, 100% synthetic base oils and a package of innovative additives.

Today?s highly developed engines make far greater power for their displacement and this places greater demands on the engine?s oil. Knowing these demands, Motul?s R&D department developed the reformulated 300V with two important targets in mind: an increase in engine power ? the main focus in competition; and increased engine reliability.

The result of comprehensive development is Motul?s newest technology, Ester Core?. Used exclusively in the reformulated 300V, Ester Core provides an increase of up to seven-horsepower in comparison with that attained by rival products. Add in extremely low oil consumption and perfect engine protection even in extreme conditions, the 300V range remains the benchmark in motorsports lubricants.

The reformulated 300V line now has eight different product options.

Six viscosities found previously in the line include:
? 0W20
? 5W30
? 5W40
? 10W40
? 15W50
? 20W60

Two new additional viscosities include:
? 0W15 for pure performance
? 0W40 for power and optimized reliability

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/oil2.png (http://s762.photobucket.com/user/go2spacebucket/media/oil2.png.html)

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/oil3.png (http://s762.photobucket.com/user/go2spacebucket/media/oil3.png.html)

*Based on OEM engine originally requiring 0W20. This table is offered as a guide and does not take into account the engine?s purpose or intended duties, age or kilometres. Consult your engine tuner/builder to decide what viscosity is right for your circumstances.

For more information on the full range of 300V products visit: https://www.motul.com/au/en/products/oils-lubricants?f%5Bapplication%5D=140&f%5Brange%5D=25 (http://clixtrac.com/goto/?177612)

We?re here to help!
If you?d like some tips on how to read our product labels or maybe you?re wondering which is the best type of oil suited to your car? Send us a PM!
If you have any questions about any of our products please feel free to get in contact with us.

Tiger
07-08-14, 06:16 AM
Not for me I hate the stuff!

Aircon
07-08-14, 06:17 AM
Not for me I hate the stuff!

Why's that?

anotherforumuser
07-08-14, 06:29 AM
Used to love it in my bike. Never used it in a car.

Tiger
07-08-14, 06:48 AM
Used to love it in my bike. Never used it in a car.

I looked at a 12 month old Ducati that had a failed main bearing all the oil was burnt; only ever been run on Motul supplied by the Adelaide dealer.
An old customer put some in his Triumph and had clunky gears, changed it back to Mobil 1 4T fully synth no problems.
Same deal with my mates GSXR1000, he had gearbox issues with Motul, changed the oil and it was a lot better.

Aircon
07-08-14, 07:00 AM
I looked at a 12 month old Ducati that had a failed main bearing all the oil was burnt; only ever been run on Motul supplied by the Adelaide dealer.
An old customer put some in his Triumph and had clunky gears, changed it back to Mobil 1 4T fully synth no problems.
Same deal with my mates GSXR1000, he had gearbox issues with Motul, changed the oil and it was a lot better.

Amazing news. Most people I've ever spoken to highly recommend it.

Tiger
07-08-14, 07:05 AM

Are they selling or using?

Tiger
07-08-14, 07:12 AM

Why not do a back to back comparison on your bike now that you self-service.
I recommend Mobil 1 4T Fully Synthetic for no other reason other than I have thrashed the crap out of my track motors and they still go well and look like new inside.

Aircon
07-08-14, 07:16 AM
Why not do a back to back comparison on your bike now that you self-service.
I recommend Mobil 1 4T Fully Synthetic for no other reason other than I have thrashed the crap out of my track motors and they still go well and look like new inside.

Lol@ self service. i did it once! I've done 200 km since. I think any oil would do a great job at that rate!

I don't even remember what i used now, but i don't think it was Motul.

07-08-14, 12:30 PM
put some 0w15 in the 308, see how far it gets.

Aircon
07-08-14, 12:32 PM

Judging by the exhaustive tests that have been done, and the way I use my car, I'm sure there'd be no problem whatsoever.

There's a whole section about it on fchat.

07-08-14, 12:36 PM
Love the theories...

Tell ya what.... run a 308 on 0w15, and lets say, attempt to do Targa Tassie...

I've seen oil consumption go from over a litre every 500 km, to less than a litre for the entire ~3000km, with no mods other than changing to a "better" oil....

Even went back to the thirsty oil once just to confirm findings.

So many variables.

Aircon
07-08-14, 01:02 PM
Love the theories...

I've seen oil consumption go from over a litre every 500 km, to less than a litre for the entire ~3000km, with no mods other than changing to a "better" oil....

So many variables.

What a silly billy you are. Did you miss the bit where I said "the way I use my car"??? Comprehension issues again?

08-08-14, 01:17 AM
What a silly billy you are. Did you miss the bit where I said "the way I use my car"??? Comprehension issues again?

Silly Billy indeed..

You said "judging by exhaustive tests" and "there'd be no problem"

Dorothy.

Tiger
08-08-14, 01:22 AM
Love the theories...

So many variables.

What oils, name names old chap?

Aircon
08-08-14, 01:30 AM

Judging by the exhaustive tests that have been done, and the way I use my car, I'm sure there'd be no problem whatsoever.

There's a whole section about it on fchat.

Love the theories...

So many variables.

Silly Billy indeed..

You said "judging by exhaustive tests" and "there'd be no problem"

Dorothy.

I've quoted the whole 'conversation' for context, and highlighted the very important facts that you chose to ignore. You have a habit of doing that. Why you like to prove publicly that you're an ass has always been hard to understand, but it is a source of amusement, so it's appreciated.

So, to pr?cis, I believe my car would develop no problems whatsoever running 0w15 based on the exhaustive tests that have been done AND THE WAY I USE MY CAR. I would not use 0w15 if I was doing Targa Tassie or Le Mans.

08-08-14, 01:30 AM
What oils, name names old chap?

Shell Helix 5w40 (synthetic), and even Castrol 10/60 synthetic goes straight through a hi comp 308, into the exhaust and air box.

Castrol 25/50 edge sport mineral goes the distance.

Now I've moved to Penrite range, not Targa tested yet though.

08-08-14, 01:31 AM
I've quoted the whole 'conversation' for context, and highlighted the very important facts that you chose to ignore. You have a habit of doing that. Why you like to prove publicly that you're an ass has always been hard to understand, but it is a source of amusement, so it's appreciated.

So, to pr?cis, I believe my car would develop no problems whatsoever running 0w15 based on the exhaustive tests that have been done AND THE WAY I USE MY CAR. I would not use 0w15 if I was doing Targa Tassie or Le Mans.

So, you should have NOT quoted the line about exhaustive testing.

Simple.

Aircon
08-08-14, 01:33 AM
Now I've moved to Penrite range, not Targa tested yet though.

LOL...Penrite? You mean the oil Carl's been recommending for years and years? THAT Penrite? The same one that, years ago, you said was rubbish and you'd never touch?? hahahahaha....seriously...I love having you around.

08-08-14, 01:36 AM
LOL...Penrite? You mean the oil Carl's been recommending for years and years? THAT Penrite? The same one that, years ago, you said was rubbish and you'd never touch?? hahahahaha....seriously...I love having you around.

You're just making stuff up now.

I was very happy with Castrol Range until they made labelling too similar and my prices got out of order.

I changed to Penrite based on new product, range and pricing.

Carl ALWAYS advocated Shell oils, not penrite, and I proved enough times how bad they typically were.

Aircon
08-08-14, 01:39 AM
You're just making stuff up now.

I was very happy with Castrol Range until they made labelling too similar and my prices got out of order.

I changed to Penrite based on new product, range and pricing.

Carl ALWAYS advocated Shell oils, not penrite, and I proved enough times how bad they typically were.

I'm not making anything up.

Carl put me onto Penrite years ago....for reasons specifically good for Ferraris.

The one making things up, as usual, is you. Carl put me onto Penrite AT LEAST 5 or 6 years ago, starting when I still had the 308GT4.

08-08-14, 01:51 AM
I'm not making anything up.

Carl put me onto Penrite years ago....for reasons specifically good for Ferraris.

The one making things up, as usual, is you. Carl put me onto Penrite AT LEAST 5 or 6 years ago, starting when I still had the 308GT4.

So what, that's not what you said.

You said I'd said it was rubbish and that I'd never touch it. Which is simply not true. It's also a fact that Carl has always advocated Shell products, we had numerous chats about it, he even had some delivered to my shop when he was here and I told him to take it home asap as I didn't want customers to think I used it!

Aircon
08-08-14, 02:04 AM
It's also a fact that Carl has always advocated Shell products, we had numerous chats about it, he even had some delivered to my shop when he was here and I told him to take it home asap as I didn't want customers to think I used it!

I think you have a pathological issue. I just told you Carl put me onto Penrite years ago...and that's a fact....so to continue with "Carl has always advocated shell.." is simply straight out misleading. So you've finally taken Carl's advice and started using Penrite? Good for you...there are excellent reasons for using it in Ferraris...and probably other cars too.

08-08-14, 02:09 AM
I think you have a pathological issue. I just told you Carl put me onto Penrite years ago...and that's a fact....so to continue with "Carl has always advocated shell.." is simply straight out misleading. So you've finally taken Carl's advice and started using Penrite? Good for you...there are excellent reasons for using it in Ferraris...and probably other cars too.

I know that Carl used both, but the fact is he advocated Shell at least as much in my experience.

And no, it wasnt Carls advice, not that it would have been wrong, just that it's not what happened, or anything like it.

At the race team, we proved the shell was bad for oil pressure and temp control.

I have 23 Penrite products that cover the Ferrari range I take care of, FYI

Aircon
08-08-14, 02:11 AM
I know that Carl used both, but the fact is he advocated Shell at least as much in my experience.

At the race team, we proved the shell was bad for oil pressure and temp control.

beep beep beep...reversing....

So what you meant to say, actually, is that Carl liked a number of products, two of which were Shell and Penrite.

*sigh*

As usual, your initial post was ambiguous and misleading.

Thanks for finally manning up with the clarification.

Like I said, well done on the change to Penrite. You should have taken Carl's advice about it years ago. You know how he researches his stuff!!

08-08-14, 02:16 AM
beep beep beep...reversing....

So what you meant to say, actually, is that Carl liked a number of products, two of which were Shell and Penrite.

*sigh*

As usual, your initial post was ambiguous and misleading.

Thanks for finally manning up with the clarification.

Like I said, well done on the change to Penrite. You should have taken Carl's advice about it years ago. You know how he researches his stuff!!

Shell and Penrite are brands, not products.

Castrol products are also perfectly suitable if choosing the right one.

Aircon
08-08-14, 02:24 AM
Shell and Penrite are brands, not products.

You are correct, this time. ....even though you are clutching at straws, because we were talking about Shell oil and Penrite oil, so they are products, obviously.

Unlike you, I can admit when someone is right.

08-08-14, 04:32 AM
You are correct, this time. ....even though you are clutching at straws, because we were talking about Shell oil and Penrite oil, so they are products, obviously.

Unlike you, I can admit when someone is right.

Were you right when you said your cam seals were leaking?
When I said they weren't, was I right?

Aircon
08-08-14, 04:50 AM
Were you right when you said your cam seals were leaking?
When I said they weren't, was I right?

Let's start at the beginning....why were we having that conversation in the first place?

08-08-14, 04:52 AM
No
Yes

Fixed

Aircon
08-08-14, 05:32 AM
Fixed

Wrong again, but nice try. The whole saga is on my website. So is the moretti saga. I don't need to bore anyone here with the details again.

Why are you bringing it up, two dogs?

Tiger
08-08-14, 06:46 AM
;-)

matespace
08-08-14, 09:16 AM
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/oil1.png (http://s762.photobucket.com/user/go2spacebucket/media/oil1.png.html)

Motul (http://clixtrac.com/goto/?174818), manufacturer of world class lubricants and pioneer of Ester technology, announces the latest evolution of their 300V line of automotive racing oils. Using Esters at the heart of its technology, 300V is recognized worldwide as a leading racing oil product.

The 300V range (https://www.motul.com/au/en/products/oils-lubricants?f%5Bapplication%5D=140&f%5Brange%5D=25) suits all racing gasoline (Leaded, Unleaded, Ethanol, Methanol) or diesel engines, naturally aspirated or turbocharged fitted with injection (direct /indirect) or carburetted. (For race prepared engines operating over a wide range of rpm and temperatures.)

This new reformulation further improves engine lubrication with its advanced blend of Esters, 100% synthetic base oils and a package of innovative additives.

Today?s highly developed engines make far greater power for their displacement and this places greater demands on the engine?s oil. Knowing these demands, Motul?s R&D department developed the reformulated 300V with two important targets in mind: an increase in engine power ? the main focus in competition; and increased engine reliability.

The result of comprehensive development is Motul?s newest technology, Ester Core?. Used exclusively in the reformulated 300V, Ester Core provides an increase of up to seven-horsepower in comparison with that attained by rival products. Add in extremely low oil consumption and perfect engine protection even in extreme conditions, the 300V range remains the benchmark in motorsports lubricants.

The reformulated 300V line now has eight different product options.

Six viscosities found previously in the line include:
? 0W20
? 5W30
? 5W40
? 10W40
? 15W50
? 20W60

Two new additional viscosities include:
? 0W15 for pure performance
? 0W40 for power and optimized reliability

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/300vgraphs1.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/300vgraphs2.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/300vgraphs3.jpg

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/300vchart.jpg

For more information on the full range of 300V products visit: https://www.motul.com/au/en/products/oils-lubricants?f%5Bapplication%5D=140&f%5Brange%5D=25 (http://clixtrac.com/goto/?177612)

We?re here to help!
If you?d like some tips on how to read our product labels or maybe you?re wondering which is the best type of oil suited to your car? Send us a PM!
If you have any questions about any of our products please feel free to get in contact with us.

carl888
08-08-14, 09:43 AM
My understanding is that Motul are sponsors of this section so I'll keep my reply, brief! In terms of engine oils:

I used Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 in all my cars on the street from 1992 (Was originally 15W-40) and for the very odd track day, the same type, but 10W-60. In 2009 Shell began to remove the ZDDP that was present in their Helix Ultra, I believe this was to preserve the API classification and therefore maintain the OEM recommendation from manufacturers such as Ferrari.

All my cars were designed when ZDDP was present in oil, and for this reason, I decided that I would use an oil that was 1. fully synthetic AND 2. had a minimum of 1,200ppm ZDDP. (ZDDP is a science in itself, but basically it's very good for flat tappet 2V engines that have beefy valve springs, such as 911s and 2V Ferraris because of it's shear properties, however it is poisonous to catalytic converters).

When my stock of Shell Helix Ultra was exhausted I came across the Penrite product after much research. They were the only manufacturers I could find that featured a full synthetic and incorporate ZDDP in Australia. The current product I use is the 10/10 racing in 5W-30 and 10W-40. These are 100% group 4 and group 5 synthetics. I have been a user of their engine oils for 5 years and have no issues. I also use other products by Penrite and Shell.

Aircon
08-08-14, 12:37 PM
My understanding is that Motul are sponsors of this section so I'll keep my reply, brief! In terms of engine oils:

I used Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 in all my cars on the street from 1992 (Was originally 15W-40) and for the very odd track day, the same type, but 10W-60. In 2009 Shell began to remove the ZDDP that was present in their Helix Ultra, I believe this was to preserve the API classification and therefore maintain the OEM recommendation from manufacturers such as Ferrari.

All my cars were designed when ZDDP was present in oil, and for this reason, I decided that I would use an oil that was 1. fully synthetic AND 2. had a minimum of 1,200ppm ZDDP. (ZDDP is a science in itself, but basically it's very good for flat tappet 2V engines that have beefy valve springs, such as 911s and 2V Ferraris because of it's shear properties, however it is poisonous to catalytic converters).

When my stock of Shell Helix Ultra was exhausted I came across the Penrite product after much research. They were the only manufacturers I could find that featured a full synthetic and incorporate ZDDP in Australia. The current product I use is the 10/10 racing in 5W-30 and 10W-40. These are 100% group 4 and group 5 synthetics. I have been a user of their engine oils for 5 years and have no issues. I also use other products by Penrite and Shell.

I'm sure all of Phil's customers are very grateful for your advice about oil. he's now admitted following your example and advice. took long enough.

08-08-14, 12:51 PM
I'm sure all of Phil's customers are very grateful for your advice about oil. he's now admitted following your example and advice. took long enough.

Idiot.

Castrol only lost me due to confusing labelling and price.

Aircon
08-08-14, 12:56 PM
Idiot.

Castrol only lost me due to confusing labelling and price.

Come on Phil...give credit where it's due. No need to call me names. Carl steered you in a good direction. You should be grateful instead of abusive.

08-08-14, 01:03 PM
Come on Phil...give credit where it's due. No need to call me names. Carl steered you in a good direction. You should be grateful instead of abusive.

You're just wrong.