PDA

View Full Version : America puts on a show in England

matespace
01-06-12, 07:06 AM
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/go2spacebucket/motul/Racecar_Euro_Series_Chevrolet_Camaro__S_Azemard2.j pg

The Euro Racecar series is a byword for spectacular races without teams and riders having to pay huge sums to participate. For several years Motul has been a partner of this championship which wan acclaim when it was sanctioned as part of the NASCAR circuit last winter. Taking part in six rounds in several European countries, it is open to cars that all have identical specifications, are designed in the United States, FIA approved, and use a big 5,7 litre V8 Chevrolet engine creating 450 hp.

The second round took place on 19 and 20 May at Brands Hatch, in England. In Elite category, Spaniard Javier Villa managed to dislodge Ander Vilarino from the first place he held since he beginning of the season. For 24 laps the two drivers kept the spectators spellbound, fighting it out wheel next to wheel. 'After several years in single-seaters', recalled Villa, 'it's my first win in this type of car. I'm particularly pleased because I didn't know this circuit!'
In Open category, a Brazilian driver, Medeiros Adriano, managed to cross the arrival line first. He was aiming for the top-ten and there he is on the highest step of the podium! 'I can't believe it!' he exclaimed still fastened in his Chevrolet Camaro. 'I'm on cloud nine!'

The next meet of these powerful cars is on 9 and 10 June at the Spa circuit.

Results
Elite Category
01// Javier Villa
02// Ander Vilarino
03// Romain Thi?vin

Open Category
01// Adriono Medeiros
02// Vincent Gonneau
03// Joaquin Gabarron