PDA

View Full Version : What do you have the most difficulty with when it comes to oil or fluid?

matespace
07-05-12, 03:28 AM
Tips to help for the above

-To avoid getting burnt, always try servicing the car early in the morning when it?s cold, you also benefit from most of the oil being in the sump instead of being circulated.

-Buying a handheld pump can cut the servicing time in half and do wonders for filling up a gearbox and differentials, instead of using an extra-long hose and gravity.

-To avoid air bubbles and spongy brakes remember to always bleed the brakes several times, in case of any trapped air pockets. Having a friend also helps.

07-05-12, 03:39 AM
I have no friends.

Should I fit a louder horn?

Edit, my handheld pump is a faithful friend.

futurism
07-05-12, 03:51 AM
need an option 4

Knowing for sure that the fluid change has been done. Unfortunately a line item on a bill is not a good indicator that anyone has actually changed the fluid.
And if they do, knowing that they changed it with the fancy stuff they charged you for rather than whatever was on special at K mart.

allanuber
07-05-12, 04:14 AM
need an option 4

Knowing for sure that the fluid change has been done. Unfortunately a line item on a bill is not a good indicator that anyone has actually changed the fluid.
And if they do, knowing that they changed it with the fancy stuff they charged you for rather than whatever was on special at K mart.

^ This

Doubly true I've found in past for brake fluid.

07-05-12, 04:43 AM
Thats disgusting to have been duped like that. I don't know how people can sleep if doing that kind of thing.

Have you been tempted/actually set a trap? You should.....

Little mark on a filter or spark plug, or a tracer on sump drain etc?

matespace
07-05-12, 05:09 AM
need an option 4

wow, that's a new low .

mondi
08-05-12, 07:49 AM
Edit, my handheld pump is a faithful friend.

08-05-12, 10:07 AM
that's the one!

I wish its fluid handling capacity was larger though....